Red Sox/MLB Hot Stove Part 2: Lockout Edition - 6 games lost, 156 to go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Ken Rosenthal:
Before acquiring Hunter Renfroefrom the Red Sox, the Brewers dangled Jackie Bradley Jr. in trades for a variety of other outfielders, including the Blue Jays’ Randal Grichuk, sources said. Unlike the Renfroe deal, in which the Brewers parted with Bradley and two infield prospects, a Grichuk trade would have been one-for-one.

So, why lose the prospects, infielder David Hamilton and Alex Binelas, who ranked 16th and 17th for the Brewers respectively, according to MLBPipeline.com? Because in the Bradley-Renfroe exchange, the Brewers created greater payroll flexibility for 2022, saving about $10 million. The Bradley-Grichuk swap likely would have been a financial wash. And Renfroe was just more appealing overall.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My friend sent me this.

Anyone hear anything about it?

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
My friend sent me this.

Anyone hear anything about it?

Yes, this was discussed earlier in the thread. According to MLB, supply chain problems forced them to use different balls. However, they allegedly held the juiced balls for nationally televised games and used non-juiced balls for others. MLB claims it told players, but players refute that claim. In addition, in a video from Jomboy that I posted, they went to someone outside of MLB who keeps tabs of balls used. They claim that MLB was still producing the non-juiced balls after they claimed they were not.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yes, this was discussed earlier in the thread. According to MLB, supply chain problems forced them to use different balls. However, they allegedly held the juiced balls for nationally televised games and used non-juiced balls for others. MLB claims it told players, but players refute that claim. In addition, in a video from Jomboy that I posted, they went to someone outside of MLB who keeps tabs of balls used. They claim that MLB was still producing the non-juiced balls after they claimed they were not.

Crazy stuff.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Swear I’ve read a prime Hideki Matsui. Hell, I thought it was here on this site that I read it. :laugh:

prime Matsui was a lefty who was far more dominant in Japan, I think the only reason that comp came out is the whole “Japanese” thing

Matsui hit .334/.461/.692 with 50 bombs in his last year in Japan. That translates to .400 with 70 bombs if he had played in the less difficult MLB

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
prime Matsui was a lefty who was far more dominant in Japan, I think the only reason that comp came out is the whole “Japanese” thing

Matsui hit .334/.461/.692 with 50 bombs in his last year in Japan. That translates to .400 with 70 bombs if he had played in the less difficult MLB

Matsui is on another planet....this kid is not Matsui. That being said, the Mets need to throw some money at him. Plays a few different positons...With Canha in the fold however he's a long shot I'm guessing.

Reactions: CDJ

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Matsui is on another planet....this kid is not Matsui. That being said, the Mets need to throw some money at him. Plays a few different positons...With Canha in the fold however he's a long shot I'm guessing.

The lineup is pretty good. I’d focus on more pitching

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
WELCOME TO COOPERSTOWN
Minnie Miñoso, Gil Hodges, Buck O'Neil, Jim Kaat, Bud Fowler and Tony Oliva.

upload_2021-12-5_19-24-42.png

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
WELCOME TO COOPERSTOWN
Minnie Miñoso, Gil Hodges, Buck O'Neil, Jim Kaat, Bud Fowler and Tony Oliva.

View attachment 487616

So awesome to see Buck O'Neil get into Cooperstown. He was one of the true legends of Negro Leagues. It's a damn shame he and many others didn't get the chance to play in MLB against their contemporaries at the time, but it is great that O'Neil and others are getting the recognition they deserve in the here and now. Also, how did Minnie Miñoso not get into the Hall of Fame until this point?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The lineup is pretty good. I’d focus on more pitching

They are looking at Montas, Manaea and Bassitt from Oakland, and Castillo from the Reds, thinking in any deal guys like McNeil and or Smith would go the other way, but the GM was on before the lockout and said he absolutely loves their "13" meaning position players obviously.... They are also planning on a DH being universal although he wouldn't say it, meaning Cano/JD Davis/Dom Smth having a lot of at bats with Escobar playing 3B and McNeil 2B (If he and Lindor don't kill each other)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Buck O'Neill finally getting in is awesome.

Jim Kaat getting in is a great reminder why none of this matters. I wouldn't even give him a senior discount if he tries to buy a ticket to Cooperstown.

Reactions: CDJ

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
They are looking at Montas, Manaea and Bassitt from Oakland, and Castillo from the Reds, thinking in any deal guys like McNeil and or Smith would go the other way, but the GM was on before the lockout and said he absolutely loves their "13" meaning position players obviously.... They are also planning on a DH being universal although he wouldn't say it, meaning Cano/JD Davis/Dom Smth having a lot of at bats with Escobar playing 3B and McNeil 2B (If he and Lindor don't kill each other)

I think it’s extremely smart. That would make Taijuan Walker SP4 which is pretty damn good. One more starter is needed.

Then add another arm like Chafin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad