Post-Game Talk: Holy Diver

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Yea CBJ sucks. Not sure why Johnny G ever thought it would be a good idea to play there.

Can’t choke in the playoffs if you never make the playoffs:sarcasm:

FD4694B4-C730-496A-9F53-C15AF7BF6DBB.jpeg

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
good to see them step on a team. first was wide open but i mean this is not an easy game to get up for. the fact they came out and slammed the door shut is something not many ranger teams would have done, as recently as early in the year. have to be appreciative of that, they took care of business and now they're in position to play for something. home ice isn't a huge deal but you'd rather have it than not. adds something to the game thursday for sure, will be good to get a test like this, should be as close to playoff intensity as a non playoff game gets.

kids were awesome again. igor was great again. good to see kane get a nice one like that and he easily coulda had 2 or 3 more points. also a couple brutal pizzas but its columbus and he's showtime this is boring for him. other than that everyone did their job. this game was team really hung harpur out to dry tho huh?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man I wish we would have this team for a full season next year. I love the full roster. So many threats all over the lineup. When they’re all cooking it’s a stacked lineup.

Let’s hope this season goes as far as it possibly can.

Igor was excellent again, keep it rolling.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Boy I am glad we didn't break up the kid line. Will be nice to see a line that can man (or kid) up in the playoffs.
Joe mentioned it how much more confidence plays on this line vs any other. That means a lot.

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That game vs Carolina last week stings a bit. No doubt if we won that game we have 50/50 shot to take the division but I digress this team is rolling 4 lines pretty nicely right now and one of the (if not the) best goalies in the world is finding his groove again.
No one at forward spot played over 18 minutes. Beautiful.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
About as easy a win as the Rangers could have had.....
This gets underrated. Especially at this time of year. Having easy games, makes time on ice management possible.

Managing time on ice entering the playoffs is huge. Keeping our stars fresh for the brutal playoff run will pay big dividends.

Zibad hasn't played more than 18 minutes in 8 of his last 10 games. He averages over 20 minutes for the year.

Panarin's last 20 minute performance was 10 games ago. Since then he had only 3 games just above 18 minutes. He too averages close to 20 minutes per game for the season.

Kreider has averaged 18:35 TOI for the season. In his last 10 games, only twice has he played more than 16 minutes.

The only one still putting in the time is Fox. Although he did get a break during the two shutout wins. He averages better than 24 minutes for the year. He will probably get a maintenance day sometime after we beat the Debbies.

Turk has been managing ice time like a real pro. Something you never saw Torts do.

Last edited:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Yea CBJ sucks. Not sure why Johnny G ever thought it would be a good idea to play there.
Absolutely bananas he went there when he could’ve been playing on the Devils and competing for a cup, not that I’m complaining.

That turned into a solid ass whooping. There comes points in the game where the difference in talent level becomes apparent, and you could see the Blue Jackets just couldn’t keep up.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I’m glad we took care of the game we should have taken care of. I’m still extremely concerned about our defense. huge test on thursday. gotta play a full 60 minutes.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Bring on Thursday and those lesser genetic peons. We are a much different team from earlier this season when we played them. Mikkola will have a tough task against Hughes but his skating might be able to help slow him down.

LFG

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Remember a few weeks ago, when the team had a sting of 3 or 4 games after the trade deadline where they didn't look good and everyone was losing their head and said the team was toast? LOL
A lot of those posters are nowhere to be found now.

Didn't get to watch the game but from the highlights, it seems the kids were buzzin and so was the top line. So good to see Bread playing better and better.

Fil the Thrill is gonna be a star.

Reactions: LionsHeart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->