3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This gets underrated. Especially at this time of year. Having easy games, makes time on ice management possible.

Managing time on ice entering the playoffs is huge. Keeping our stars fresh for the brutal playoff run will pay big dividends.

Zibad hasn't played more than 18 minutes in 8 of his last 10 games. He averages over 20 minutes for the year.

Panarin's last 20 minute performance was 10 games ago. Since then he had only 3 games just above 18 minutes. He too averages close to 20 minutes per game for the season.

Kreider has averaged 18:35 TOI for the season. In his last 10 games, only twice has he played more than 16 minutes.

The only one still putting in the time is Fox. Although he did get a break during the two shutout wins. He averages better than 24 minutes for the year. He will probably get a maintenance day sometime after we beat the Debbies.

Turk has been managing ice time like a real pro. Something you never saw Torts do.
Great job on the numbers, thanks. About time that somebody gave kudos to our coach. Again, he was a player and shoul KNOW about silly little things like overworking some players. Don't need them burnt out, BEFORE things get crucial.

Reactions: ohbaby

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I
Pulling the goalie ups your chances of scoring by a certain amount, and increases the chances of a goal against by a ton.

I don't know the exact averages, but my inclination tends to be that at a certain point you're better off statistically hoping for goals from even strength, rather than going from a small chance of victory to complete certain loss by allowing an empty netter with 4 minutes left.

I wouldn't pull the goalie when down by 1 goal until the minute mark. 2 goals down I wouldn't pull before 90 seconds. A power play actually makes me more conservative with goalie pulling- averages are like 21 percent, I don't want to rob that opportunity by getting greedy going to a 6 on 4 and risk immediate death from a long shot.
IMO, your time is a bit "conservative", but the last greedy 6 on 4 is spot on. Especially if your team has a good PP. We do, and wouldnt chance the 6 on 4 where they can dump, and ice all they want.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Igor’s save percentage by month:
Oct - 0.913
Nov - 0.912
Dec - 0.927
Jan - 0.916
Feb - 0.863
Mar - 0.931

Except for February, those aren’t bad numbers, just not Igor’s numbers from last year.

I just think if the players put a little more attention to the defensive side of the puck, this team would have a great chance to win this year.

I just posted Igor’s save percentage by month in another post…not trash in my opinion. But we can agree to disagree.
Anything under 920 for him is hardly elite. It certainly wasn’t winning games for us. What I see there is a great dec and a great march. That’s it. The rest. Trash for him. He didn’t register a stolen win till March. We didn’t get to where we are today with goaltending this year. Now he’s rounding into form and sure enough we’re dominating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad