Hollywood Hamels' GM Mock Game {3 Teams Are Open}

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Thoughts on my Roster?

Phill Kessel - Marc Savard - Jason Pominville
Marco Sturm - David Krejci - Micheal Ryder
Milan Lucic - Zack Hamil - Blake Wheeler
Per-Johan Axelsson - Stephen Yelle - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Aaron Ward
Dennis Wideman - Andrew Ference
Nathan Paetsch - Matt Hunwick
Spare: Shane Hnidy

Tim Thomas
Manny Fernandez

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Thoughts on my Roster?

Phill Kessel - Marc Savard - Jason Pominville
Marco Sturm - David Krejci - Micheal Ryder
Milan Lucic - Zack Hamil - Blake Wheeler
Per-Johan Axelsson - Stephen Yelle - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Aaron Ward
Dennis Wideman - Andrew Ference
Nathan Paetsch - Matt Hunwick
Spare: Shane Hnidy

Tim Thomas
Manny Fernandez

well Sturm is out for the season, but other than that it's looking solid

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I agree about the Veto. I hate Vetoes. Like cmon. I know i do some veto myself cause I find some trade unfair.

I find that both GM should send an email to the commish and if both GM and send it and the commish say it s ok . Then the trade shouldn t be veto. I think these a great option. WHo s with me.

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
I agree about the Veto. I hate Vetoes. Like cmon. I know i do some veto myself cause I find some trade unfair.

I find that both GM should send an email to the commish and if both GM and send it and the commish say it s ok . Then the trade shouldn t be veto. I think these a great option. WHo s with me.

not me.. your trades are usually pretty bad. at least your proposals :laugh: lol

I think 5 or 7 vetos is fair.. that last pho-ana is just brutal like cmon.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Markus Naslund(4.00)-Mike Ribeiro(5.00)-Loui Eriksson(1.600)
Robert Nilson(1.833)-Mike Modano(3.450)-Fabian Brunnstrom(2.177)
Nigel Dawes(.126)-Kyle Wellwood(.987)-James Neal(0.751)
Krys Barch(0.575)-Toby Peterson(0.550)-Landon Wilson(0.423)

Michal Rozsival(5.00)-Kevin Bieksa(3.750)
Stephane Robidas(1.500)-Darryl Sydor(2.989)
Matt Niskanen(0.850)-Trevor Daley(2.300)

Marty Turco(5.700)
Tobias Stephan(0.441)

Extra:
Brent Krahn, G (0.045)
Andrew Hutchinson, D (0.396)
Joel Lundqvist, C (0.751)
Chris Conner, RW (0.304)
Marc Parrish, RW (0.427)
Brian Sutherby, LW (0.452)

Roster Oppinions??

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
Markus Naslund(4.00)-Mike Ribeiro(5.00)-Loui Eriksson(1.600)
Robert Nilson(1.833)-Mike Modano(3.450)-Fabian Brunnstrom(2.177)
Nigel Dawes(.126)-Kyle Wellwood(.987)-James Neal(0.751)
Krys Barch(0.575)-Toby Peterson(0.550)-Landon Wilson(0.423)

Michal Rozsival(5.00)-Kevin Bieksa(3.750)
Stephane Robidas(1.500)-Darryl Sydor(2.989)
Matt Niskanen(0.850)-Trevor Daley(2.300)

Marty Turco(5.700)
Tobias Stephan(0.441)

Extra:
Brent Krahn, G (0.045)
Andrew Hutchinson, D (0.396)
Joel Lundqvist, C (0.751)
Chris Conner, RW (0.304)
Marc Parrish, RW (0.427)
Brian Sutherby, LW (0.452)

Roster Oppinions??

pretty light team offensively .. you lack toughness.. defence could be better.. turco is turco..

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
ROSTER OPINIONS

Heatley-Toews-Kane
Ladd-Sharp-Frolov
Brower-Bolland-Byfuglien
Eager-Fraser-Burish

Barker-Seabrook
Campbell-Walker
Sopel-Hjalmarsson

Huet
Niemi

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
Calgary is looking to aqcuire a back-up goalie. Salary will need to go back the other way as the Flames are pretty much at the cap.

PM if you have a goalie available.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
ROSTER OPINIONS

Heatley-Toews-Kane
Ladd-Sharp-Frolov
Brower-Bolland-Byfuglien
Eager-Fraser-Burish

Barker-Seabrook
Campbell-Walker
Sopel-Hjalmarsson

Huet
Niemi

As soon as Keith isn't on that blue-line it doesn't look good to me.

Barker is not a top pairing d-man, yet. Campbell is an albatross of a contract and will Heatley on the team and Toews, Kane, Frolov and Sharp, I think you'll run into contract troubles in the future.

BUT

It's still a good team after all is said and done.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
As soon as Keith isn't on that blue-line it doesn't look good to me.

Barker is not a top pairing d-man, yet. Campbell is an albatross of a contract and will Heatley on the team and Toews, Kane, Frolov and Sharp, I think you'll run into contract troubles in the future.

BUT

It's still a good team after all is said and done.

yeah i'm working on my D. And I can see what you are saying about contract troubles in the future..

thanks for the feedback.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nashville

is looking to trade one of

Belak (fresh out of a knockdown performance of Donald Brashear)
Jordan Tootoo
Jared Smithson
Scott Nichols

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Washigton is looking to make a cup run. Washigton looking to get a shut down defensmen, another top 4 d man. maybe have room for a goalie, and looking for solid guy on the pk. Picks and Prospects will be moved here.

Nylander will be dealt. PM me with offers for him, he wont cost much

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
stars_logo.gif

GRIER TO SUPPORT FOR PLAYOFF RUN

Dallas is proud to announce its trade between the San Jose Sharks. Trading away prospect Austin Smith and a 4th round pick in '09 as well as a 6th round pick in '10. We hope Grier will bring the punch to our 3rd or 4th line that we need.

To Dallas:
Mike Grier

To San Jose:

Austin Smith
4th round pick '09
6th round pick '10

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
Stars just got a lot scarier:

to
dal.gif
: LW Derek Boogaard
to
min.gif
: RW Colton Sceviour + G Tobias Stephan

enthropi:

"It is unlikely we'll face Dallas in the playoffs, so it's fine by us. We need to replenish our cupboards and this trade does just that. Stephan is a few years away, but with the imminent departure of Harding, we needed a future goalie with potential. Our scouts are fairly certain that Stephan can be at worst a backup goalie 2 or 3 years from now, we of course hope he develops into a bigger role by the time Backstrom's extension runs out.

Sceviour is a skill forward that is working hard on improving his game. We feel he's got all the tools to find a niche in the NHL and will help him to do so.

We feel it's good value for someone who just punches people. Although he is quite good at that... And I say this from first hand... erm... fist hand? or first fist?... experience... Good riddance from my point of view, does anyone think of the children?!"

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008
stars_logo.gif

GRIER TO SUPPORT FOR PLAYOFF RUN

Dallas is proud to announce its trade between the San Jose Sharks. Trading away prospect Austin Smith and a 4th round pick in '09 as well as a 6th round pick in '10. We hope Grier will bring the punch to our 3rd or 4th line that we need.

To Dallas:
Mike Grier

To San Jose:

Austin Smith
4th round pick '09
6th round pick '10

I accept this trade. With Jody Shelley in the mix I really see no need for Mike Grier anymore. We like the thank Mike for his team commitment and wish him all the best in Dallas.

We like what we see in Austin Smith so far. Quick on his skates, this playmaker shows offensive potential with a high-energy style. He scored 32 goals and 35 assists in 60GP in the BCHL and in his freshman year in Colgate University he has 17 goals, 14 assists in 37GP. Shows good hockey sense and is a quality forechecker. He is a bit undersized and will likely need to use all of his college eligibility before thinking about turning pro. He looks to have the potential to be a second/third line offensive player.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I accept this trade. With Jody Shelley in the mix I really see no need for Mike Grier anymore. We like the thank Mike for his team commitment and wish him all the best in Dallas.

We like what we see in Austin Smith so far. Quick on his skates, this playmaker shows offensive potential with a high-energy style. He scored 32 goals and 35 assists in 60GP in the BCHL and in his freshman year in Colgate University he has 17 goals, 14 assists in 37GP. Shows good hockey sense and is a quality forechecker. He is a bit undersized and will likely need to use all of his college eligibility before thinking about turning pro. He looks to have the potential to be a second/third line offensive player.

Awesome reasoning. :help:

Jody Shelly who likely won't play in more than 3 or 4 playoff games is going to replace the Sharks 2nd best penalty killer and defensive forward from the pres box. All for a decent prospect, and a couple of mid-range picks.

Genius.

However, if it is any consolation, the Morrow trade was even more pathetic and Chicago got ***** in the Keith deal.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
The Phoenix - Anaheim trade is veto.

Just a bad trade for Phoenix and Gms have already voiced their opinion on it.

All other trades made so far are good enough for me. I don't like some but I will only step in if it is way too lopsided. Apart from that, I will let GMs manage their team the way they want to.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
I'll add a veto on the Kovy - Redden trade if need be, just because it doesn't make sense with the direction of the franchise + because the GM is a NYR fan, I have no idea why it would, but it does seem like it somewhat clouded his judgment of the players involved...

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
stars_logo.gif

DALLAS WELCOMES ANOTHER FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH

Dallas is pleased to announced that they have added yet some more punch to their forward line. Literally. Although we are sad to see young prospect Austin Smith go, we feel that his small size light weight may become a burden on him in a western conference team whose division rivals are the Ducks, Kings, Coyotes and Sharks. They all pack a lot of punch and we feel he may have a better chance in another division. Time will tell.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad