Proposal: Hoglander to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Kings have 0 use for Hoglander.

Rutherford realized Benning was forced to rush him to the league due to no cap space. Hs growth stunted. Now he's try..ing to cash out

Reactions: deaderhead28

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007
Reading reports today LA is scouting the Canucks and are there due to interest in Hoglander. I’m interested to see what LA fans are willing to part with for him.

Canucks interests would be RHD Prospects, I’d imagine picks would be involved.

Maybe you should quote reports or include a link because Hoglander doesn't check off any Kings need boxes. I think that's why some Kings fans are acting immature here.. doesn't excuse it and they're only embarrassing themselves.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The level of delusion from LA fans is biblical, can you honestly say any of those players are sure fire top pairing players. Because they arent. Bunch of 4/5s with Faber having the highest upside being a #3
can you give me the upside and floor, you assign to höglander?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
question for kings fans:
do you consider the kings already contending or still building? in which time span should the kings have the best shot at another title?

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Reading reports today LA is scouting the Canucks and are there due to interest in Hoglander. I’m interested to see what LA fans are willing to part with for him.

Canucks interests would be RHD Prospects, I’d imagine picks would be involved.

Can you please provide link regarding “reports today LA is scouting the Canucks and are there due to interest in Hoglander”?
If you cannot do it I would consider it is to be baseless rumor.
From the latest report from Kings insider John Hoven LA is not going to do much at TDL.
P.S. Kings are very interested to trade some of their RD for elite goalie prospect and elite LD.
Canucks do not have either one of them.
Kupari/Turcotte/Vilardi> Hoglander

Reactions: deaderhead28

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
question for kings fans:
do you consider the kings already contending or still building? in which time span should the kings have the best shot at another title?

I think once QB has overtaken #1 Center spot. So like 3 years. At that point biggest hole will be goaltending.

Reactions: kinghock

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I think once QB has overtaken #1 Center spot. So like 3 years. At that point biggest hole will be goaltending.
for all non-kings fan:

this is your time table in regards to the kings prospect pool. all prospects, who couldn't lock down a permanent role and still have loads of potential, could be available for cost controlled role players with lower ceiling but higher floor. keep a potential starting goaltender in reserve.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Hoglander is a good prospect, but Kings have so many near ready prospects, they may be looking for proven NHL'ers.

Are we sure Blake wouldn't be intrested in a vet LD from Van, given they would waive their NMC. I'm suspicious about Blake.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hoglander fits LA's system well, doesn't surprise me they are interested. Small, shifty quick forwards are thriving here.

Grans needs another year in the AHL, but he has a very good tool set and size to work with as he acclimates to NA. Heavy shot, good offensive instincts, not as tentative as one might have thought. Needs to work on timing as a lot of his play has stops and starts, little fluidity yet. If it weren't for Clarke, Faber and Spence there wouldn't be any incentive to include him in a deal as the NHL looks very likely for him.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Hopefully L.A looks at a Hoggie and comes home with a refreshing Miller. JT fils huge needs.

Reactions: kilowatt

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
can you give me the upside and floor, you assign to höglander?

Max downside is what he is already. Chance-generating middle-six forward with defensive deficiencies.

Upside: Fringe top-line forward with plus forechecking and chance creation ability, great complement to other skilled players. If he works on his finishing, he'll get there.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The level of delusion from LA fans is biblical, can you honestly say any of those players are sure fire top pairing players. Because they arent. Bunch of 4/5s with Faber having the highest upside being a #3
Then don't trade for him.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

No, nobody can tell what the actual outcome is.

But i am willing to stick with our youngsters regardless the outcome.

The actual point is that Hoglander is as uninteresting to the Kings as it gets, so any trade request will be declined, regardless the asking price.
This is why the Kings peeps point fingers at you and laugh when the asking price is even slightly higher than free.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
question for kings fans:
Kings are at lease two years away from being in serious contention.Their still evaluating their propects trying to get better as a team. Just getting into the first round of the playoffs was a organizational goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad