Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm still disappointed that Hallander got pouty and took his ball home, just because the Penguins didn't guarantee him a roster spot at age 21. Hallander was another Ponomarev caliber guy and it did really stink to effectively lose him for nothing.

His decision annoyed me but I can also see it from his POV based on precedence plus like Gurgs said I think he had some personal reasons, as well.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
He left because his wife had a child.

Having stability was part of (if not the majority of) the decision. I'm sure shuttling between NEPA, SWPA, and North America wasn't ideal with a new family. If it was just SWPA & NA I'm almost sure he would've stayed. Oh well. He seems to be doing well for himself.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
One good thing about Jake being gone is less mouths to feed on the PP, and hopefully one of Rakell, Bunting or McG get on that top power play and provide consistent net front presence. Letang/EK/Sid and Geno passing the puck around the perimeter to each other needs to stop.

This is of course all just idle chatter with Rust still on the team and getting ready for a year of tapping his stick in the high slot ala James Neal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
One good thing about Jake being gone is less mouths to feed on the PP, and hopefully one of Rakell, Bunting or McG get on that top power play and provide consistent net front presence. Letang/EK/Sid and Geno passing the puck around the perimeter to each other needs to stop.

This is of course all just idle chatter with Rust still on the team and getting ready for a year of tapping his stick in the high slot ala James Neal.

Bunting - Crosby - Rust
EK Malkin

Will be the PP without a doubt.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Rust was pretty good on the PP in 2019-20 and 2021-22.
Everyone assumes he'll fail there, but I'm not writing him off on the unit as a failure before the season even starts.
The guy fluctuates.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I think McGroarty is going to be a menace net front guy when he gets up. Granted he hasn't played that role in the clips I've seen, but he's pretty much perfectly built for the role.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
PP2?

O'Connor - Eller - Rakell
Letang Gryzelcyk

I think Hayes is definitely going to be the center on PP2, both because of his size as a net front guy and experience on the powerplay.

I'd guess the two PP setups would be:

PP1: Bunting net front, Crosby low right side, Malkin right half wall, Rust left half wall and Karlsson at the top
PP2: Hayes net front, O'Connor low/mid right side, Rakell left half wall, Grzelcyk right point and Letang left point

I also figure Glass and Puustinen (when he's in the lineup) gets a decent amount of looks on PP2 as well.

Reactions: Rakell67

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I think Hayes is definitely going to be the center on PP2, both because of his size as a net front guy and experience on the powerplay.

I'd guess the two PP setups would be:

PP1: Bunting net front, Crosby low right side, Malkin right half wall, Rust left half wall and Karlsson at the top
PP2: Hayes net front, O'Connor low/mid right side, Rakell left half wall, Grzelcyk right point and Letang left point

I also figure Glass and Puustinen (when he's in the lineup) gets a decent amount of looks on PP2 as well.
Snap! I forgot about Hayes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad