Proposal: Hoglander to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I don't think Rathbone is elite, but I do think he has as much chance of being a NHL Dman as Faber........

IMO, Rathbone is a puck mover, and will look good on a NHL PP, when the time comes
(He scores at higher than a Point per game in the AHL)
His current injury, is a concussion that was given to him by some meat head, as he was run in head first to
the end boards...........he is almost back, and it may take a bit of time to get back up to snuff.
"IF" OEL was not here for the next Billion years, Rathbone would be on our second pairing for years.......
I love his skill set..............
I also think he would be here if Benning and Green knew what they were doing back at the start of the season.
BWAH...........man I hated Green! Bad coach!

Absolutely not. Sounds like you have the Rathbone love and you should keep him.
It'll take a LOT to move Faber and Rathbone is nowhere close, like not even remotely close.

Reactions: kinghock

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I believe that trade Faber for Rathbone even with a plus from Vancouver does not make sense for LA.
LA does not need to trade quality for quantity at all.
I think Faber is second best RD prospect Kings have after Clarke and will be great players for LA for years to come.
I believe Grans for Rathbone will make some sense for Kings.
What do you think about it?

Maybe? If there is a plus from LA...............quite a difference in the players around Grans to Rathbone, as the talent pool widens out............
Rathbone is our best prospect, by a mile, and like I said, is running at better than a point a game, in his first season in the AHL as a rookie.

In the Hockey Writers top 100 mid season ranking Faber is 46 and Rathbone is 60, so there is not much separating them, according to the Hockey Writers............

IMO, I think this is a "Quality for Quality" trade.........I honestly think they are equal for all intents and purposes, but one has to go ahead of the other..........Faber is a smidge better.............so when I said plus, I meant like a 5th or 6th round pick, if that? Might not be anything tangible. I don't know?

I honestly, do not know Faber, other than write ups, but I know Rathbone, and he looks to be a solid prospect. The problem in Vancouver is we have Hughes, and he will be our PP 1st pairing for years, Rathbone is just that much less, and that could be said of all Dmen in the NHL, less about, Fox, Maker, and maybe a couple more.........pretty hard to move that out.

I do like Grans, and I think there is a much wider gap between Rathbone and Grans, but in saying that, that is for GM's to figure out......I don't know? Maybe Rathbone for Grans, and a 1st?........................(I joke!).............I am not sure what the difference is between any of them.......like I say, we are just fans, but I honestly think Faber and Rathbone are slated to be 2nd pairing Dmen..........Rathbones ceiling is a possible #2/3,
so again........who knows?

I think Faber and Rathbone are very close...............????

Last edited:

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Absolutely not. Sounds like you have the Rathbone love and you should keep him.
It'll take a LOT to move Faber and Rathbone is nowhere close, like not even remotely close.

And you Sir, have not a clue, and are talking out of the seat of your Arse! Having made a comment like yours with absolutely no, back up, is just silly............

If you can give me a reason, then sure...............but no body here is going to agree with your comment, just because you say! LOL At least not knowledgeable hockey fans. In saying that. you are entitled to your opinion. LOL

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Maybe a Durzi for Rathbone trade makes more sense, if you have Clarke, Faber, and Grans, ear marked for your top 3 pairings in the future.

I mean, Durzi is a decent player, and but his AHL stats are less than Rathbones.....so maybe something around that. Maybe Hoglander for Durzi.

I mean, you guys have a riches of RHD, and they all can not play RHD in LA, so something has to give..............somewhere?

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
And you Sir, have not a clue, and are talking out of the seat of your Arse! Having made a comment like yours with absolutely no, back up, is just silly............

If you can give me a reason, then sure...............but no body here is going to agree with your comment, just because you say! LOL At least not knowledgeable hockey fans. In saying that. you are entitled to your opinion. LOL

"Back up" that you have Rathbone love is in every one of your posts. In fact the last three post have you gushing over what a fantastic player he is "Rathbone is our best prospect, by a mile"
Maybe you should keep him, just like LA should keep Faber.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Maybe? If there is a plus from LA...............quite a difference in the players around Grans to Rathbone, as the talent pool widens out............
Rathbone is our best prospect, by a mile, and like I said, is running at better than a point a game, in his first season in the AHL as a rookie.

In the Hockey Writers top 100 mid season ranking Faber is 46 and Rathbone is 60, so there is not much separating them, according to the Hockey Writers............

IMO, I think this is a "Quality for Quality" trade.........I honestly think they are equal for all intents and purposes, but one has to go ahead of the other..........Faber is a smidge better.............so when I said plus, I meant like a 5th or 6th round pick, if that? Might not be anything tangible. I don't know?

I honestly, do not know Faber, other than write ups, but I know Rathbone, and he looks to be a solid prospect. The problem in Vancouver is we have Hughes, and he will be our PP 1st pairing for years, Rathbone is just that much less, and that could be said of all Dmen in the NHL, less about, Fox, Maker, and maybe a couple more.........pretty hard to move that out.

I do like Grans, and I think there is a much wider gap between Rathbone and Grans, but in saying that, that is for GM's to figure out......I don't know? Maybe Rathbone for Grans, and a 1st?........................(I joke!).............I am not sure what the difference is between any of them.......like I say, we are just fans, but I honestly think Faber and Rathbone are slated to be 2nd pairing Dmen..........Rathbones ceiling is a possible #2/3,
so again........who knows?

I think Faber and Rathbone are very close...............????

You are entitle to your opinion that “Faber and Rathbone are very close”.
But you are saying: “I honestly, do not know Faber”.
I am following Faber for the last 2 years since draft and in my opinion he is much better player comparing to Rathbone.
With all due respect I do not see any reason for LA to downgrade from Faber besides doing big favor to Vancouver.
If you do not believe that Grans for Rathbone will make some sense for Vancouver it will be perfectly fine with me.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Maybe a Durzi for Rathbone trade makes more sense, if you have Clarke, Faber, and Grans, ear marked for your top 3 pairings in the future.

I mean, Durzi is a decent player, and but his AHL stats are less than Rathbones.....so maybe something around that. Maybe Hoglander for Durzi.

I mean, you guys have a riches of RHD, and they all can not play RHD in LA, so something has to give..............somewhere?

Durzi played big minutes (24:45 minutes) in our most recent win against Boston and he looked really good. I'm slowly becoming a Durzi believer. Overall he's been solid since he was called up.

Reactions: zcaptain

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

There is no need for Kings to trade Durzi for Hoglander.
LA do not need Hoglander.
Kings are looking for young elite goalie and LD.
Hoglander is neither one of those.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Just to add a twist. The last thing Los Angeles needs is an undersized left shot defenseman. Our whole defense core is undersized and we’re looking for somebody with some size and bite.

Jakob Chychrun has been mentioned as a great ad for LA put some see him as not physical enough.

Rathbone is definitely not the type of defenseman we are looking for. We also have smallish offensive defenseman Kim Nousainen overseas.

Last edited:

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
Durzi played big minutes (24:45 minutes) in our most recent win against Boston and he looked really good. I'm slowly becoming a Durzi believer. Overall he's been solid since he was called up.
Durzi was solid before he was called up. Check his AHL stats for this season. He’s not going anywhere.

Feb 19, 2018
Rathbone is going to be one of the best all around skaters in the league, it’s what we say we are looking for. He has a bullet of a shot and is a gym rat with ties to a few players on the team. I hope we keep him because the transition game is so important from the back end, we can get a RHD prospect for one of our big guns on the market. Obviously Canucks brass sees the need to add to that particular position and I couldn’t be happier, finally!
If we acquire another first there is no doubt in my mind we draft one or two RHD and start developing them ourselves. I think the Hoglander Rumor to LA was to do a 1 for 1 dealing from positions of strength! No way he can’t retrieve any RHD Prospect on LA other than Clarke. Hoglander led world junior tournament in scoring (sick Michigan goal) played in the SHL since he was 17 and cracked the NHL roster at 20. He’s currently a top 9 forward on a ELC contact for another year and in a redraft he was projected to go 18th overall.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did Spence just get called up?

Yep, all the Kings died at once, so this morning's pairings were:

Maatta-Roy
Bjornfot-Durzi
Spence-Moverare

Edler out, but skating, Walker out for season, Anderson to IR as of the other day (broken rib, maybe? no word), Doughty hand injury but at practice, just not handling pucks

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Rathbone is going to be one of the best all around skaters in the league, it’s what we say we are looking for. He has a bullet of a shot and is a gym rat with ties to a few players on the team. I hope we keep him because the transition game is so important from the back end, we can get a RHD prospect for one of our big guns on the market. Obviously Canucks brass sees the need to add to that particular position and I couldn’t be happier, finally!
If we acquire another first there is no doubt in my mind we draft one or two RHD and start developing them ourselves. I think the Hoglander Rumor to LA was to do a 1 for 1 dealing from positions of strength! No way he can’t retrieve any RHD Prospect on LA other than Clarke. Hoglander led world junior tournament in scoring (sick Michigan goal) played in the SHL since he was 17 and cracked the NHL roster at 20. He’s currently a top 9 forward on a ELC contact for another year and in a redraft he was projected to go 18th overall.

I do not understand which of these two statements you do not want/refuse to accept?

There was no Hoglander to LA Rumor actual rumor
Hoglander is not needed by Kings

You like keep him so much, just keep him.

Reactions: Kurrilino

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
If Kings are aiming for one of Vancouvers forwards, it's Boeser or Pettersson, not Hoglander

Boeser could be had. What's the offer? Canucks are in need of defensively sound RD prospects, picks, cap relief and center prospects, in that order.

Wouldn't necessarily be against LW prospects either.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’d imagine Ehlers is the other guy we would want.
Van: Scheifele + Ehlers
Wpg: Horvat + Boeser + Rathbone
I don’t think there’s enough alcohol in the world to make Chevy drunk enough to accept that.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Boeser could be had. What's the offer? Canucks are in need of defensively sound RD prospects, picks, cap relief and center prospects, in that order.

Wouldn't necessarily be against LW prospects either.

His salary demand is too high for Kings and he will require to spend assets in trade.

LA need to sign their own free agents (Kempe, etc.).
Also Kings need to develop their own cost effective forward prospects.

He is not needed by Kings under these conditions.

Reactions: go4hockey
Feb 19, 2018
I don’t think there’s enough alcohol in the world to make Chevy drunk enough to accept that.
WPG gets younger in the deal, they also gain cap space and with Connor on the team Ehlers is more of a luxury as both pretty much play the same game. I could see Hoglander replacing Rathbone in the deal.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
His salary demand is too high for Kings and he will require to spend assets in trade.

LA need to sign their own free agents (Kempe, etc.).
Also Kings need to develop their own cost effective forward prospects.

He is not needed by Kings under these conditions.

I'm responding to the other dude that does want him, so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad