Hockey Cards - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Nice new and newer cards! I'm jealous!

I just have these 53 year old relics hanging around.....

1696367654842.png

1696367769398.png

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Gotta love UD. I sent in 2 damaged cards from Extended. One was a SPx /50 of Shane Wright and the other was a History Class /25 of Slavkovsky. This is what the replacements were:

View attachment 748641

The Clarke /25 goes for less then what the Slaf History Class /100 has been going for and they used the bonus irrelevant YG to balance out the value from what the rep told me today. These will wind up back with Upper Deck shortly for an upgrade.

Gotta get a YouTube channel going. thats how you get the good treatment.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Gotta get a YouTube channel going. thats how you get the good treatment.
From what the rep told me via email about 2 hours after calling them is that I’m getting sent another card ($70 in value) to compensate for this trash of a replacement. He asked for a “Young Star or Elite player in the league”. I’m fully expecting some junk of a young scrub they overproduced (aka Lafreniere, Nick Robertson, Olli Joulevi or similar). As for the YouTube channel, they wouldn’t like my commentary. They’ve made one quality new product over the years and it’s Stature. SPGU, SPx, Black Diamond, Premier, Ultimate, Artifacts, Ice and SPA all need to be either revamped or just folded as a product. I’m iffy about what they did to the upcoming flagship since it just seems like another way to cut corners.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Gotta love UD. I sent in 2 damaged cards from Extended. One was a SPx /50 of Shane Wright and the other was a History Class /25 of Slavkovsky. This is what the replacements were:

View attachment 748641

The Clarke /25 goes for less then what the Slaf History Class /100 has been going for and they used the bonus irrelevant YG to balance out the value from what the rep told me today. These will wind up back with Upper Deck shortly for an upgrade.
Yikes

Reactions: miscs75

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Exactly what I thought when o saw the Clarke to replace the Slaf. I mean, I was fully expecting some old junk of a guy like Zadina, Ho-Sang or Laf since that’s how they work but to send a $20 card max for something worth 5x more is typical of UD. Let’s hope that my request (to go with the elite player or young star the rep requested) of something Islanders from Stature works in my favor for the PC. Hopefully it’s a nice Sorokin auto I need still.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
For sure. I'm debating starting collecting again just as a winter hobby. I sold my entire collection last year, haha.
It’s an expensive hobby more than ever now which stinks. Thankfully most of what I collect isn’t the break the bank type of stuff. Personally I have a case of s1 and 2 preordered through the LCS. I don’t even know if I plan on opening it. I might just move it to one of my breaker buddies at cost since I don’t know if I trust the new format to give me a lock to build the set within the case. I have a feeling they’re going to short the Bedard YG to drive up cost and make people buy more.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Does Tim’s have a limit per purchase for packs? I wonder if the people buying up everything for resale has something to do with this.
Nope - theyll sell you as many as you want without a drink for $2 (or $3 in Newfoundland and Labrador)

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Speaking of Tim Horton cards, how early did they print them to not include 2022-23 stats on the back? Seems odd to do.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
This thread doesn't get as much attention as it should but it's annoying seeing some people post in here saying "the hobby is dead" and what not.

The hobby is still going strong. Don't be mad the value on your cards went down and you didn't sell them while they were hot. If you are into collecting cards for strictly money than you should invest into something else...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad