Hockey Cards - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Picked up a Lemieux Topps RC recently, happy to add it to my collection. Been a long time coming

View attachment 672686View attachment 672687
Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but...

It's pretty much the exact same card. This is why you should never by key rookie cards from any sport ungraded.

If you look at the right side of the penguin in the logo the colors bleed.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Damn that purple GO

I was watching a shesterkin BGS 9.5 young guns and boy im thinking there was a shill bidder in the house. Someone with 3 feedback kept raising the price of the auction every couple seconds during the last 2 mins of the auction, they didnt win but raised the card from 125>185. I ultimately decided not to bid because i have one at BGS currently, i honesty have no idea how to grade so it could come back even or higher but because i dont know is why i was thinking hard on bidding.
Was it thru a consigner?

Alot of people pay others to shill up their stuff now. There's a whole community of it.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
You say YGs are the worst investment, but I wish I bought an Ovechkin PSA 10 YG a few years ago, that was an investment!
They are.

I could have purchased an Ovie Cup rookie for 2k when he had an off year by his standards. A BGS nine sold for 100k.

There's a psa 10 YG that's probably going to end at around 6k. We're in two different lanes, my guy.

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but...

It's pretty much the exact same card. This is why you should never by key rookie cards from any sport ungraded.

If you look at the right side of the penguin in the logo the colors bleed.
Thanks for your input - you're probably noticing some quality loss from when I took a screenshot of the card.

I inspected the linework before purchasing and is graded by PSA (I cropped the slab out in my screenshots, you can see it on the edges of the card) and was purchased from a trusted vendor... so I tend to disagree with your opinion.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your input - you're probably noticing some quality loss from when I took a screenshot of the card.

I inspected the linework before purchasing and is graded by PSA (I cropped the slab out in my screenshots, you can see it on the edges of the card) and was purchased from a trusted vendor... so I tend to disagree with your opinion.
You cropped the slab, which is fine, but what grade is it?

Something seems off. Either it's altered or a switch.

I get hiding the psa number, but nobody is posting up a lemieux rookie without showing the grade. It doesn't matter if it's a 1 or a 10, it's a lemieux rookie.

Like I said, something seems off.....

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You cropped the slab, which is fine, but what grade is it?

Something seems off. Either it's altered or a switch.

I get hiding the psa number, but nobody is posting up a lemieux rookie without showing the grade. It doesn't matter if it's a 1 or a 10, it's a lemieux rookie.

Like I said, something seems off.....
It’s a PSA 9. Sometimes the card should speak for itself instead of having people squawk about the grading company/grade. I’ll post higher resolution images of the card after, it’s not a fake.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1679769884350.png

1679769958692.png

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014

23-24 Series 1 info is out. New Young Guns parallels.

rtQh2lw.jpg

And 22-23 Series 2 checklist is out

Top YGs are Slafkovsky, Johnston, Holloway, Kuzmenko, Sanderson, Clarke, Jiricek, Wright, Guhle, and Guenther
will they keep 2023 draft picks for series 2 next year? like they did this year.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
I mean....your not posting the psa label so.....

Here's a psa 9

Screenshot-20230325-135533-2.png

Screenshot-20230325-135544-2.png

I mean....one looks like it was copied off an ink jet printer and it isn't the pics I pulled up.

If your happy with it, I mean who really cares?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
For someone that claims to do thousands of dollars in sports cards sales, it's pretty funny that you don't know what these cards look like under magnification

Your potato images of "PSA 9s" are pretty good though, thanks for sharing.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1680015948165.png

Picked up this card this morning at a pretty low cost. The Population Count set to me is kind of the embodiment of COVID-era sports card speculation. When I can, I like picking up rare/unique inserts of Ovechkin.

It looks like they'll be making this set again in 2023-24 flagship. There haven't been many sales of Pop 10s on the secondary market but a Rantanen went for 175 CAD.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This was my favourite card I owned. I was an idiot and traded it before his value skyrocketed.At one point i owned 7 Drai Cup RPA’s .
This one with the oil drop patch was very sexy.
I had some many cards I wish I would have kept …
I still have some decent ones but limited to Devils players. Mainly Jack and Bratt .
319790DC-241F-4C0A-A9D9-8C6686165040.jpeg

Here is my biggest regret selling ….
831BC880-378A-42CA-9E76-63DA77BBADDA.jpeg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This was my favourite card I owned. I was an idiot and traded it before his value skyrocketed.At one point i owned 7 Drai Cup RPA’s .
I still have some decent ones but limited to Devils players. Mainly Jack and Bratt .View attachment 677500

Here is my biggest regret selling ….View attachment 677501
Its gorgeous. I remember when his YG was going for $30. I remember Gaudreau was the most sought after YG that yr along with Ekblad and Drouin. Good times. Hobby boxes were still reasonable back then.

Reactions: Dempsey

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I still have some decent ones but limited to Devils players. Mainly Jack and Bratt .View attachment 677500

Here is my biggest regret selling ….View attachment 677501

That mcdavid price looks low. If that's only to 5 how is that card only costing 3400 Canadian. At first glance i thought it was a draisaitl because its so cheap (for a mcdavid auto)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Its gorgeous. I remember when his YG was going for $30. I remember Gaudreau was the most sought after YG that yr along with Ekblad and Drouin. Good times. Hobby boxes were still reasonable back then.
I remember people thinking Draisaitl was going to bust after getting sent back to the WHL. Pretty funny looking back.

I was digging through my old pictures the other day and found this gem. Pulled it at the 2015 Fall Expo in Toronto and got it "graded" by BGS along with a Max Domi YGC. I need to plan another trip back there.

1680091375532.png
1680091197287.png

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
For someone that claims to do thousands of dollars in sports cards sales, it's pretty funny that you don't know what these cards look like under magnification

Your potato images of "PSA 9s" are pretty good though, thanks for sharing.
Find it odd you don't post the psa label for a lemieux rookie but post a BGS grade for a McDavid.....

Why not let the card do all the talking for that one?

Too many red flags

Reactions: joestevens29

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Find it odd you don't post the psa label for a lemieux rookie but post a BGS grade for a McDavid.....

Why not let the card do all the talking for that one?

Too many red flags
My guy, you failed the test. You can't continue to LARP as a major sports card dealer and talk down to everyone in this thread when you can't even properly identify a real Lemieux rookie card with high res photos.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
My guy, you failed the test. You can't continue to LARP as a major sports card dealer and talk down to everyone in this thread when you can't even properly identify a real Lemieux rookie card with high res photos.
Still don't see the psa label, tho....

As for me being a "major sports card dealer", those who know, know (thumbs)

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Still don't see the psa label, tho....

As for me being a "major sports card dealer", those who know, know (thumbs)
To be fair, I had a "sports card dealer" on Facebook arguing with me that my Gretzky rookie is fake despite the fact I was there when it was opened in 1980 and it has never left my family's hands (in fact never left my family's house until moved in 2020). I find lots of people online that opine about 1980's OPC that you can clearly tell were not around in the collecting game back then.

Reactions: Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad