Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
A lot of this is extremely unfair, they played with a ton of heart this series, this isn’t like past years.

They played against an absolutely awful Bruins team and they scored more than 2 goals once.

I can't believe this loser mentality still exists, this team was a f***ing embarrassment 5 years ago...now? It's just sad.

It's beyond sad actually, it's now funny how sad it is.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Oh bull crap on that. I coached 18yo goalies that would have played that puck BEFORE Pastrnak even got to it.

How does that goal to the game go through once again ??? He is a sieve of great magnitude. I think Woll stops both goals.

JMHO.
Woll's not stopping anything because he'll tear an ACL getting out of bed.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I've said this before about Matthews and this series hasn't done much to change my mind...he can be a top 5 player in the league..and the best scorer in the league..and at the same time just be a player that is not one who raise his game to a higher level in the playoffs.

I still don't believe it 100%, but I'm getting closer to the side of AM being a great regular season player but not a good playoff player...and being a great 'individual' player on both sides of the ice but someone who doesn't even come close to making the rest of the team around him better.

The team is NOT better without him, but the rest of the guys (individually) play a better 'team' game when AM isn't playing.
Well said.

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
Screenshot_20240501_031215_CapCut.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_030922_CapCut.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_030922_CapCut.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 4

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Oh bull crap on that. I coached 18yo goalies that would have played that puck BEFORE Pastrnak even got to it.

How does that goal to the game go through once again ??? He is a sieve of great magnitude. I think Woll stops both goals.

JMHO.

I think the argument is that it shouldn't have gone to that point
We didn't play 3rd period at all. We just hung in there

Sammy is who we thought he would be. An inconsistent goalie that even Washington walked away from at age of 25

But he did keep us in the game. They peppered everything. Our offensive game was next to nothing. We just sat back

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Keefe also f***s himself again with a stupid lineup decision. 2020 it was putting in a cold Johnsson over Robertson, 2021 it was putting Sandin in over Dermott in Game 5 after the Leafs best game that series, and tonight it's keeping Gregor in and breaking up a great shutdown fourth line to move Jarnkrok up with Matthews for some reason. Makes no sense. Robertson could've found an opening with Matthews with Boston cheating to him, exactly like what happened with our lone goal, and Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok would've remained.

Instead, Jarnkrok does nothing with Matthews offensively as he's prone to do in the playoffs, and Gregor's piss poor puck management led directly to Boston tying it up immediately. Why he took out a guy with a wicked shot when we've been offensively challenged all series is beyond me. Whatever, its his own noose he's tied.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Rielly shit the bed. Not blaming Sammy for that shit. Actually just saw the replay. Sammy should have got that puck

Marner and JT can go we need defenders and tenders.
Our D was pretty good this series and physical. If we had marner money on a D and a tender we would be so much better this series. Such a disappointment from 16 more than the rest. Maybe 6-7 good offensive and defensive plays all series and just lost every battle scares to get hit

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
yup. as always. froze like a f*ing deer in headlights like he always has.. both goals were weak

The fans knew it, the team knew it... so please explain why they ever hung on to this guy in the first place

It was over this afternoon when they said he was back in net tonight, the whole city knew it

And he delivered as promised
this is so true as soon as I heard that in my head I was like alright here we go again.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Compare man for man the rosters of the Leafs and the bruins and even the Panthers. Individually we should smoke them. But the sum of the parts is not there and the one major gap. Is goaltending.

Also coaching to a certain degree.

Spending half your cap on high end players has proven for 6 years not to work especially when they are all forwards.

Dubas saddled us with this approach and sadly it will take another year to get fully out from under it. Hopefully Mitch waves and that starts it. But need the JT money to realize a full transition.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I hate to admit it but I lost all faith once Woll didn't start. That doesn't even mean Samsonov was bad or the offense was good. The team is flawed and okay better in front of a goalie they can trust.

They made a good comeback. Fell short. Again. Time to blow it up.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Lots of positive to carry on next year
Benoit, McMann, Holmberg and Woll

Knies is a star already in my books. I criticized him regular season, but man he's turning out to be a stud

Lilly and Reilly can GTFO along with Mitchell
I agree. People probably don't want to hear it now because a Game 7 OT loss is devastating but you're right.

Will be very interesting to see what happens with Marner. Domi won't be the bargain he was this year $ wise. Bertuzzi probably will be gone but a Marner change will be very interesting.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Don’t really know what to say.
The boys played great tonight.
Keefe galaxy brain right after we scored the goal.
MM got moments but he needed to do more. Look at Pastra, quiet pretty much all series, even the coach called him out but guess what, people will only remember how he scored and helped the Bruins advanced.
Bert and Domi needs to stay as they are the type of players that needed.
Ed and Boosh, at least one of them should be resign.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Keefe also f***s himself again with a stupid lineup decision. 2020 it was putting in a cold Johnsson over Robertson, 2021 it was putting Sandin in over Dermott in Game 5 after the Leafs best game that series, and tonight it's keeping Gregor in and breaking up a great shutdown fourth line to move Jarnkrok up with Matthews for some reason. Makes no sense. Robertson could've found an opening with Matthews with Boston cheating to him, exactly like what happened with our lone goal, and Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok would've remained.

Instead, Jarnkrok does nothing with Matthews offensively as he's prone to do in the playoffs, and Gregor's piss poor puck management led directly to Boston tying it up immediately. Why he took out a guy with a wicked shot when we've been offensively challenged all series is beyond me. Whatever, its his own noose he's tied.

Keefe's allegiance to Jarnkrok stings.

Jarnkrok is an offensive ghost in the playoffs, and you put him alongside Matthews.. what a waste.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
To Edmundson,

Sorry bud. We ruined your Game 7 stats. But quite frankly we have trash like marners and tavares making big bucks and sucking ass

and now rielly has joined that shit muskoka5 mentality. he sucked the entire series. McAvoy was laying out people left right and center, moves the puck on PP like a dream and has a bullet of a shot. Rielly's one positive was his skating and offense which was nowhere to be seen in the playoffs.

once again.. Leafs fans would like to apologize for that blemish on your game 7 record

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad