Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
You guys also thought Philip Danault was offensively inept yet he has more goals than anyone on the Montreal roster.

Lehkonen is a good 3rd line winger; nothing more.
Is your definition of "just a good" 3rd line winger a player who has produced at 2nd liner average pace at 5v5 for most of his career while being very good defensively? All that despite not being sheltered like many actual 3rd liners (not 2nd liners playing the 3rd line by virtue of their team being stacked) who tend to produce offensively are?

And yes, people underestimated Danault's offensive abilities due to his lack of finishing, completely ignoring he was a good passer and great at forechecking and maintaining possession, while being elite in transition.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Exactly. All we did was literally take what analysts were saying. Yet, the majority of HF thought they knew better :help:
Just how the majority of hab fans said Danault isn't worth his money or that he's a third loner or how Dvorak and Hoffman were good acquisitions lol

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Just how the majority of hab fans said Danault isn't worth his money or that he's a third loner or how Dvorak and Hoffman were good acquisitions lol
Still think Danault isn't worth his money and is a 3rd liner on a contending team. Dvorak (yet to be seen) but I'll give you Hoffman.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Colorado: 1st+Barron+Ranta+Compher
For
Montreal: Lehkonen+Dvorak

Who says yes? Who says no?
Switch Dvorak for Drouin, Habs retain 50% of Lehkonen and you got a solid offer.
Habs may also have to retain 1 mil from Drouin to make it work. I think a fresh start would do him wonders.

No way should the Habs give up on Dvorak just yet, specially with our center depth. Everyone looked bad under DD and Dvorak has not had the chance to play under MSL yet. He’s not old either. No point in selling low.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Why would you trade him for a pick that you hope turns out as good as him? You keep the young sure thing all day long.
Cap strains from the Bergevin era, and the fact that MTL has way more good wingers thwn they need for a rebuilding team. The problems are litterally at every other position.
As a VAN and MTL fan, I would love to see him with VAN but VAN making the playoff is a long shot so I don t think they should be buyers at this TDL

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Compher has to go for cap reasons, even with the retention I think. Ranta can be replaced with a 2nd.
We'll take Compher if you give us a 2nd in '22 and another 2nd in '24?

Making trade Lehkonen 50% retained and Dvorak no retained for Barron, Compher, Avs first in '22, 2nd in '22 and 2 in '24.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Again, Lehkonen is not worth the 1st. HF posters said the same thing about Chiarot despite the precedent with Savard. For Lehkonen, the precedent is Goodrow/Coleman. Hell, look at what Hagel got and you tell me Lehkonen is not worth a 1st. Habs will get 1st+ for Lehkonen if he is traded. Not a single doubt about it.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
You guys also thought Philip Danault was offensively inept yet he has more goals than anyone on the Montreal roster.

Lehkonen is a good 3rd line winger; nothing more.
This post has to be one of the weirdest I've ever seen on this forum. It makes no sense in multiple ways.

First you say Habs fans thought Danault was inept offensively and were wrong, but they see Lehkonen the same way... but they're right about him? Weird point to make in a thread with nothing to do with Danault.

Secondly, you say that so proudly acting like Danault is absolutely killing it. But he's on pace for less points than he had in Montreal multiple times with far more Powerplay time in LA...

What a strange, strange post.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I could see the Pens involved on Lehkonen. He’d be a perfect plug on Crosby’s or Malkin’s line and Pens are close to the end of their window (I believe it’s already close). They’d have him for at least 2 playoffs run.

Hughes wants prospect that are close/ready to play.

Lehkonen for 1st 2022 + PO Joseph

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The habs already have too many middle 6 wingers in the nhl, and they also have a ton of winger prospects:

-Roy
-Farrell
-Heineman
-Smilanic
-Kapanen
-Mysak
-Ylonen
-Biondi
-Tuch
-Harvey-Pinard

The habs have the players to replace Lehkonen, so they are better off getting assets back than to sign him to a contract, which they might end up regretting later (see Byron and Armia).
I get what you are trying to say with this but most of these players are pretty pedestrian. Guys like Tuch aren't projecting to be NHL players, there's a really good chance none of those become top 6ers in the NHL.

The guys you listed aren't any different than what every other team in the NHL has.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I get what you are trying to say with this but most of these players are pretty pedestrian. Guys like Tuch aren't projecting to be NHL players, there's a really good chance none of those become top 6ers in the NHL.

The guys you listed aren't any different than what every other team in the NHL has.
Roy and Farrell are no different? Bullshit.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

The point was that Lehkonen is easily replaceable within the system.
Lehkonen is a bottom 6 forward, so just need 1 or a few of them the prospects to reach that level.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Don't think they'll trade him if they don't get back what they want. I'm OK either way because I know the return would be good if he's traded.

Exactly, he's a fine player, but thats it. Good NHL forward, but there are roles more difficult to fix than middle 6er wingers. If trading him helps with that... I'm a fan. Otherwise... keep him on as he's RFA lol.

With Tampa going all in on the threepeat, it seems like the marlet is gonna be extremely fierce amongst contenders to gain any edge they can over the competition. And there are quite a few solid teams this year: Tampa, Florida, Colorado, Carolina, Toronto, Vegas and even the Rangers. With the Pens also pushing for the last few years of their core... its a lot of serious buyers

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Roy and Farrell are no different? Bullshit.

You might not like to hear this but yeah, every team has a Farrell. He's looking good right now but he's not a high end prospect.

Roy looks amazing but is far from being a lock, his game has a lot of question marks surrounding it still. He's a step above the other guys but he's not a top prospect yet, you don't slot him into your team's future plans.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
You might not like to hear this but yeah, every team has a Farrell. He's looking good right now but he's not a high end prospect.

Roy looks amazing but is far from being a lock, his game has a lot of question marks surrounding it still. He's a step above the other guys but he's not a top prospect yet, you don't slot him into your team's future plans.
90% of top prospects have question marks. Even so called locks do sometimes.

But it was implied that they're not really Top-6 talent which they for sure project to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad