Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Literally no one is saying that lmao. Habs fans for the most part agree that he should be moved if the right offer comes along...otherwise keep him, he can be a core piece in our middle 6.
Exactly.
We get our price we trade him. Otherwise we re-sign him. Not hard to understand.

Reactions: pth2

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
How do Montreal fans feel about a package like this:

Lehkonen + Dvorak for 2023 1st + Compher + pick/prospect*

*Please feel free to suggest the value of the pick or which prospect it should be.

The return for Montreal would primarily be about the futures. Compher is there to balance money a bit and give MTL a 3C to replace Dvorak in the short term.

Fwiw Colorado have been interested in both of those players before and they often circle back on players they like when they're available.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019

*Please feel free to suggest the value of the pick or which prospect it should be.

The return for Montreal would primarily be about the futures. Compher is there to balance money a bit and give MTL a 3C to replace Dvorak in the short term.

Fwiw Colorado have been interested in both of those players before and they often circle back on players they like when they're available.
how about no chance sir

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Jesus that’s terrible! Come on man. Why in the world would the Habs take Compher back? He’s a terrible choice for 3C.

Lehkonen alone is worth the 1st +. Compher has negative value. Habs aren’t trading Dvorak after playing only 35 games…

Reactions: viceroy

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary

I'm guessing the previous replies missed the 'suggest the value of the pick/prospect part'
Considering they'd need a first to move either player individually the add/prospect would have to be significant, would need another first+ or a blue chip prospect

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

don't care for it

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Jesus that’s terrible! Come on man. Why in the world would the Habs take Compher back? He’s a terrible choice for 3C.

Lehkonen alone is worth the 1st +. Compher has negative value. Habs aren’t trading Dvorak after playing only 35 games…
As he said - for cap purposes. If the prospect was Olausson and the 1st unprotected it's close.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
If teams don’t want to overpay for Arturi the Hab’s are fine keeping him around he’s a very serviceable player and that’s really good asset management a very shrewd GM

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Why would you trade him for a pick that you hope turns out as good as him? You keep the young sure thing all day long.

The answers really are in the previous pages, but I get not wanting to scroll through it all.

Contracts to Byron and Armia make it difficult to justify forking out 3.5-4m a year over 4 years or more for Lehkonen. Hughes wants to try and clear cap space before next season if he can. If that includes one of Byron or Armia (unrealistic), then you can more easily fit Artturi in. If not, they'll have to go with cheaper forwards in the system.

If they can get the return Coleman got 2 years ago I think you have to go for it.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

So habd trade a Player who'd fetch a 1st + and a decent 3rd line C for a late 1st, a cap dump and a prospect?

Unless that Prospect is Byram (not suggesting it should be, but COL prospect pool is terrible), it ain't happening

Lehkhonen + Later pick for 1st 2023 + Barron could work

Now what are you giving us for Dvorak?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
how about no chance sir

I specifically left the additional pick/prospect open ended for a reason. Would you feel as dismissive about the trade if it was Barron as the prospect?

I'm guessing the previous replies missed the 'suggest the value of the pick/prospect part'
Considering they'd need a first to move either player individually the add/prospect would have to be significant, would need another first+ or a blue chip prospect

Thanks for your feedback. Yes the additional prospect wouldn't just be some throw-away prospect. I'm aware that Lehkonen's asking price is 1st+ on his own, and Dvorak for Compher is obviously not balanced, so a decent add would be needed from Colorado.

As he said - for cap purposes. If the prospect was Olausson and the 1st unprotected it's close.

Yeah, I don't envisage that MTL would have much interest in Compher, but as a warm body to fill a roster spot in a rebuilding year maybe they take him on if they can get enough value in the other pieces.

Reactions: 74 others

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
So habd trade a Player who'd fetch a 1st + and a decent 3rd line C for a late 1st, a cap dump and a prospect?

Unless that Prospect is Byram (not suggesting it should be, but COL prospect pool is terrible), it ain't happening

Lehkhonen + Later pick for 1st 2023 + Barron could work

Now what are you giving us for Dvorak?

I'm not against moving 1st + Barron in the right deal, but both those assets aren't going to get moved in a trade for Lehkonen alone.

Thanks for weighing in.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I specifically left the additional pick/prospect open ended for a reason. Would you feel as dismissive about the trade if it was Barron as the prospect?

Thanks for your feedback. Yes the additional prospect wouldn't just be some throw-away prospect. I'm aware that Lehkonen's asking price is 1st+ on his own, and Dvorak for Compher is obviously not balanced, so a decent add would be needed from Colorado.

Yeah, I don't envisage that MTL would have much interest in Compher, but as a warm body to fill a roster spot in a rebuilding year maybe they take him on if they can get enough value in the other pieces.
Still not interested largely because we are stuck with Compher. Rather trade Laehks to another team and get a better 1st round pick. Or better yet, hold onto Lehks!

Also would like to see Dvorak play a full season before trading him…

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
You guys also thought Philip Danault was offensively inept yet he has more goals than anyone on the Montreal roster.

Lehkonen is a good 3rd line winger; nothing more.
Yes, lots of our fans know very little about hockey. Others knew Phil was the driving force on his line, how couldn't he be, he is a puck possession monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad