Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Yeah, I think you can rest easy that you'll get a first for Lehkonen if he is dealt. I don't think the Hagel deal really has any impact - the contractual differences make it an apples to oranges comparison. But Lehkonen is a fantastic mid-sixer with a game made for the playoffs and with team control (even if he won't be such a bargain in the future). If you are Montreal - you don't even pick up the phone unless a first or first-equivalent prospect is involved.
Im pretty sure I read that is the starting ask. Just to get the talks going....

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Habs should move him. He's getting crazy overrated in Montreal right now. People talking like he's a generational player who can't be moved. I would try to convince a team to take Armia with him just to get Armia moved out.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Habs should move him. He's getting crazy overrated in Montreal right now. People talking like he's a generational player who can't be moved. I would try to convince a team to take Armia with him just to get Armia moved out.

Literally no one is saying that lmao. Habs fans for the most part agree that he should be moved if the right offer comes along...otherwise keep him, he can be a core piece in our middle 6.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Even if a first is the return, it’s horrible asset management. The guy is a good player, he’s not a UFA, and that pick is going to take a few years to develop. All while they could’ve had this player in their lineup.
And? The Habs aren't in a rush, and if they are somewhat, then they get valuable cap space by moving him and using the savings plus on a better player. So no, it's not horrible asset management.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
look what Tampa just paid for Hagel. Nobody is getting anything for cheap. If you want to even try to keep up your going to have to give up what the seller wants. Of course you can just NOT KEEP UP and well we will see you next year

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
And? The Habs aren't in a rush, and if they are somewhat. then they get valuable cap space by moving him and using the savings plus on a better player. So no, it's not horrible asset management.
What does that achieve though? Where’s this guarantee whoever they bring in performs better?

They can still move him in the future if they need to. You just don’t trade one of your good players for the crapshoot of a draft. It’s horrible managers who do things like this. Unless they received some crazy offer, they shouldn’t even be pondering this.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
If they can get a 1st+, then I think they should trade him for sure. I like Lekhonen a lot, but the Habs have a lot of middle/bottom 6 players that are decent but have very little trade value (Gallagher, Byron, Armia, Pitlick, Evans, Poehling, etc). May as well sell high on the one that does

Reactions: viceroy

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Armia had 2 assists last game, he’s heating up

It will only last 3-4 more games and then he will go ice cold til next season tho of course

Reactions: Price is Wright

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I wouldn't trade him straight up for a 1st. We have 4 1sts next 2 years, 13 picks total next year...so far. 3 3rds and 3 4ths.

Less then 10% chance we would get a player as good for a late first, and would take 5 years to get there. And he is flying under MSL.

Would only move him for a younger, ready now type prospect. And would INCLUDE picks to get the right guy.

Reactions: Zorro

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I'd be disappointed if he was traded and the return was underwhelming. There's no reason for the Habs to actually trade him unless the package is too good to refuse.

Nothing that Hughes has done leads me to think this is a possibility.

MB is gone as is the pessimism. I have faith in this group of decision makers.

Reactions: viceroy

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
If we are able to trade a salary like Armia or Hoffman befaore the deadline, i will be ok with keeping Lehkonen and give him 4M$ per for 4-5 years. But we definately have to shed salary for next season.
Why do you need to shed salary if you're mid-rebuild? Cap space is just used to acquire players to win. If you're not plan to winning, it doesn't really matter how you spend it or you're close to the limit. If you're clearing cap space, at that point then you're just doing the owner's accounting.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I wouldn't trade him straight up for a 1st. We have 4 1sts next 2 years, 13 picks total next year...so far. 3 3rds and 3 4ths.

Less then 10% chance we would get a player as good for a late first, and would take 5 years to get there. And he is flying under MSL.

Would only move him for a younger, ready now type prospect. And would INCLUDE picks to get the right guy.
this is the correct answer. he's a swiss arm knife. is he available? sure, but it needs to be a hockey trade. habs don't need picks or to dump cap. he's a good player. as usual, bergevin signed wrong guy. they needed to move on from Armia and Byron - both of whom have taken Lehkonen's money

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
How many better forwards are available right now?

Copp? Domi? Vancouver's forwards are available? Bertuzzi?

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
How many better forwards are available right now?

Copp? Domi? Vancouver's forwards are available? Bertuzzi?
Domi doesn’t even belong in this conversation. And for the team that trades for Domi is looking at a first round exit.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Maybe. Maybe not. Lehkonen has never come close to 20 goals, is older, and will demand at least double what Tampa is paying Hagel the next 3 years.
funny how people are putting a price on a player only based on his stats,
You really don't know Lek .

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad