Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He's 100% fetching a 1st or equivalent prospect lol, there's no doubt about this.
My point is the teams after him should aim higher if it involves a 1st round pick. Build a package for an impact player.... the ones that can only be acquired with a 1st + package. Why limit the return to a depth winger at this point?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He's at a good age and can plug anywhere in the lineup and is defensively sound....Easily worth 3.5-4M over a mid term contract.
He is worth a 1st now at the TDL

After he is signed to a 4M contract, he is not worth that. Few teams can afford to pay their bottom 6 that much

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
My point is the teams after him should aim higher if it involves a 1st round pick. Build a package for an impact player.... the ones that can only be acquired with a 1st + package. Why limit the return to a depth winger at this point?

They could get a higher impact player...but with Lehkonen they get an RFA player that will be a part of their core, he'll fit in great in the middle 6 on most contending teams. This isn't just a rental.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Most teams who have a real need for Lehkonen already has a solid top 2 lines and might want a high end shut down line guy who can play up and down the line up.

P.S I am guessing Th Kings on this one. MB and Danault will want him for sure!!

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I wouldn't be surprised if he returns a 1st but he's not in the same situation as Goodrow/Coleman.

They had an extra cost-controlled year whereas Lehkonen is an RFA that could demand an amount that would make him overpaid next season.

Other teams are likely telling Montreal that they see him more as a rental.

Might make sense for MTL to just keep him if they're only getting a 2nd as someone with his work ethic ought to be an important "lead by example" guy during a rebuild.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If the Avs strike out on Giroux (I expect they will) I'd very much give up a 1st rounder for Lekhonen 🤷

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
At least we always have something to brag about. Enjoy the haunting memories of it was 3-1 until eternity.
It's funny that my post was removed for saying the exact same thing as you 😂

I guess that moderator was feeling bad for the Leafs or was a Leafs fan....

Reactions: Gravity

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
If the Avs strike out on Giroux (I expect they will) I'd very much give up a 1st rounder for Lekhonen 🤷

I mean good for Montreal but if guys like Chiarot and Lehkonen are worth 1st + then guys like Lindholm should get twice as much. That hasn't been the case for pure rentals in the past.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I mean good for Montreal but if guys like Chiarot and Lehkonen are worth 1st + then guys like Lindholm should get twice as much. That hasn't been the case for pure rentals in the past.
Lindholm should, yes, given what Chiarot returned.

Lehkonen is in a bit of a different category IMO since he's a pending RFA. It's unfortunate he doesn't have another 1-2 years on his deal since I'm sure he'll still expect a nice contract this offseason, but he's still closer to the Coleman (got a 1st and Foote) and Goodrow (1st round pick) category than that of a pure rental, IMO.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

1. Aiming higher means a larger cap hit. Gotta be able to absorb a good chunk of that.
2. I think calling him a 'depth player' is a bit of a disservice. He's a Swiss Army knife kind of player. He can move up and down, play in all situations, and the line he joins rarely misses a beat. No, he doesn't have the finishing ability of a 30g scorer, but he's hardly a plug.
3. How many of the interested teams have the pieces for said higher aim?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Price I think MTL is looking forward: 1. Good RHD prospect+lower pick or 2. 1st +smaller value prospect
Teams I could see being interested: TB (still haven't made their DL acquisition), LAK, COL, NYR
Notable prospects that would fit MTL's need, not saying they are available, just a fit: TB (Foote), LAK (Faber), COL (Barron), NYR (Lundkvsit)

Any deal involving one of those prospect+varying degree of pick depending on which team, or 1st 2023+B prospect I'd do.
If not, we're better off keeping him.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I don't think they trade him. I'd love him in Colorado but not for a first.
You wouldn't ? It would be very late, and would be a great add to an avs team with elite talent already. What if it's just a first and no add ? But it's OK if you don't want to. I just think he would fit in great

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Let's say you want lehkonen as a rental

Lehkonen "rental" + 2nd (flip at draft to a different team)

For

Late 1st + 3rd/prospect

Suppose a late 1st is worth a little more than 2 x 2nds. You effectively pay a 2nd, a 3rd and a little bit for a good third liner (what Calagary just paid)

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I absolutely was. Florida made a desperation trade, albeit with a future 1st. I would/will be irate if Sweeney wastes a 1st in a trade for a player in the second or third tiers of available players.

Lehk is an excellent depth player (preferably a 3rd liner but can play as a second liner) who is fast, can score, comes cheap and can play PK.

He would go out for a 1st but I would personnaly keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad