Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think they trade him. I'd love him in Colorado but not for a first.

Habs are looking for a B Coleman return no doubt. We value him but we also have a clutter of forwards (when all health). We also have limited cap space but that might change if Weber is moved to the Coyotes. No way the Habs want that contract placed on LTIR before the season starts again.

Lundkvist and a 2nd is something some Habs fans would accept from the Rangers. Not all Habs fans but some would be OK with that.

Lehkonen is 26 with one more RFA year left. I think you can get him signed for 3/4 years at $3.5M - $4M range. Could be a very good value contract for his prime years. Habs can value that as well but once our youth matures and we might compete for a cup, Lehkonen is 30+.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Personally, I think it’s funny how the Leafs lose in the first round every year, but their fans are still in every thread chirping and acting cocky. Have fun watching them shot the bed in the first round again :cheers:
well hey atleast we get to watch good hockey

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Nearly 40% of Habs fans thought they were going to make the playoffs AFTER the Weber and Price news came out? Wow.

Price was expected to miss only the start of the season and we had signed Savard, Hoffman and traded for Dvorak. We were stanley cup finalist and 61% still said that we'd miss the playoffs.

Dont seem like bragging about how good our team is.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Lekkonen is worth more to the Habs than what teams will be willing to pay for a 3rd line defensive winger with below average offensive skills, who is having a career year BTW, on a QO that will probably see him get 3.5M$+

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wait, Florida didn't use protection for the Chiarot trade?

Nope. It's a 2023 unprotected 1st. Low probability they trip and fall on their face but you never know.

I suspect the Habs price was very high and part of the leverage of the Panthers stepping up was to offer the unprotected 1st. They have some cap space issues next year but most if not all their core is locked up already. A move they are likely comfortable with

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's only getting traded if they get offered 1st or equivalent package, which I am pretty confident will happen.

More than that. Think B Coleman return. It's two pieces.

Getting a late 1st for Lehkonen alone when he has one RFA year left and in his prime is not a good move for the Habs. Late 1st are of value but they have a fair chance at busting. We require two darts if we consider moving Lehkonen.

Lundkvist and a 2nd might do it.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

Getting a late 1st for Lehkonen alone when he has one RFA year left and in his prime is not a good move for the Habs. Late 1st are of value but they have a fair chance at busting. We require two darts if we consider moving Lehkonen.

My only issue with keeping Lehkonen is the extension, the Habs already have a crowded Bottom 6 and are close to the cap, a lot depends on them moving Weber and what happens with Price.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
here is the problem for that. Leky is a 2nd rounder, he is no longer a 18 year old he NOW is in his prime 26. great contract. Why would the habs move him for a 2nd that has to start all over at 18 and then wait till that prospect reaches his prime at 26. Without a 1st you offer the HABS no incentive for the trade AT ALL. So what is your offer? I want your guy but I offer you nothing more then what you already have in just keeping Leky. Habs are not asking for 1st+prospect+ who knows what. YOU HAVE TO OFFER MORE then just a 2nd

You have the right NOT to offer a 1st, just like you had the right not to offer for Chairot. Habs say ok 1 (you) down, 30 to go> lets see what the rest say.

glad you like my story HAHA. but I have NOT seen an offer from YOU, to see if you can grab leky from the Habs.
I’d pretty much put him on par with Jarnkrok in terms of expected return. Production is fairly similar but Lehkonen is younger and rfa vs ufa. I wouldn’t say a first is out of the realm of possibility or Atleast a 2nd and a decent prospect.

Any idea what he’s wanting out of his next contract? That’s what would make me nervous… he’s coming off a career year and likely wants to capitalize on that. His “good contract” can quickly turn into a “bad contract” next year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't want to trade Lehks unless it's for a young C or D prospect with high upside, and I am fine adding to Lehks to get that. I am not interested in a draft pick.

Reactions: Oryxo

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Stay away Drury

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
He’s a perfect fit for Colorado but I can’t get a handle on the trade value. I understand a 1st for Chiarot because MTL set the market early on and he’s a defenseman which are more expensive. I’m not sure Arturri gets a 1st. He could. Would love if the Avs could snag Drouin and Lehkonen. I’d offer Compher + 1st + Barron. Again, idk the value.

Reactions: JAVO16

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I wouldn't trade Lekhy.
It smells like a Lars Eller trade 2.0 .

He's a solid top 6/top 9 players with ok/good offense and great defensives skills.

We should keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad