Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
What on earth does this thread have anything to do with Toronto? I suppose when you get called out, the natural reaction is to try and change the subject.

Habs fans derail every thread whenever someone posts something they don’t agree with.

Look at these cringe posts, these are the type of fans that would rather see Toronto fail than watch Montreal succeed.

Looks like someone who can dish it out, but can't take it.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Habs will probably get a good return for Lehkonen, teams tend to over pay at the deadline and this year looks like it wont be any different

Reactions: Gravity

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Weren't you in the "Chiarot ain't bring in a 1st" crowd?
Because he did, and Lekhy would bring one too.
I absolutely was. Florida made a desperation trade, albeit with a future 1st. I would/will be irate if Sweeney wastes a 1st in a trade for a player in the second or third tiers of available players.

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
I'd keep him, last time we traded a good 2nd/3rd liner who played good defensively and got us 30-35pts a year was Lars Eller to Washington and he was a important piece there for years....

We got 2 second rounders for him I believe...

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I don't think they trade him. I'd love him in Colorado but not for a first.
i dont blame you but your 1st is almost a 2nd so no point for us to trade Lehkonen unless we get great value for him
It’s funny how habs fans went from bragging about how good their team is to bragging about getting a 1st for a chiarot.
its funny how your team hasnt passed the first round in over a decade while having Matthews,Marner,JT and Reilly

Habs have done alot more then your team so stay in your corner

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My only issue with keeping Lehkonen is the extension, the Habs already have a crowded Bottom 6 and are close to the cap, a lot depends on them moving Weber and what happens with Price.

Agreed. We have a clutter of forwards and cap space challenges. There is a fair chance Weber gets moved but we don't know that. Who knows with Price but I expect him to be on the roster next season. We have to plan for that.

We can extend Lehkonen if we don't get a fair offer at this deadline but it does complicate our cap. We also have to sign Pitlick and Romanov as well. If we can't move Weber and we sign Lehkonen, we might be forced to have Weber on LTIR before the season starts and then we got no accrued cap space. That may or may not complicate our ability to move Drouin and Byron next deadline.

All this stuff is a bit of an unknown for us but it has to be all factored in the future formula. We all value Lehkonen yes. But signing him if we can't move him requires other moves to provide cap flexibility.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Then Montreal keeps the player. Simple. He is not worth a 1st considering what other assets will require the same 1st from the contending teams.

He's not worth a top 10 pick, but he's worth more than a late 1st round pick. You'd be lucky to get a player as good as him with a late 1st. And you'd have to wait 4-5 years to see it happen. I think the value of Lekh right now is a late 1st + average prospect.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Agreed. We have a clutter of forwards and cap space challenges. There is a fair chance Weber gets moved but we don't know that. Who knows with Price but I expect him to be on the roster next season. We have to plan for that.

We can extend Lehkonen if we don't get a fair offer at this deadline but it does complicate our cap. We also have to sign Pitlick and Romanov as well. If we can't move Weber and we sign Lehkonen, we might be forced to have Weber on LTIR before the season starts and then we got no accrued cap space. That may or may not complicate our ability to move Drouin and Byron next deadline.

All this stuff is a bit of an unknown for us but it has to be all factored in the future formula. We all value Lehkonen yes. But signing him if we can't move him requires other moves to provide cap flexibility.
And also by being close to the cap you give negotiation power to other teams, i.e. you'll trade your players at a discount. Somebody said that's why they sold Toffoli very early and reminded me the cap +10% LTIR, this makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What on earth does this thread have anything to do with Toronto? I suppose when you get called out, the natural reaction is to try and change the subject.

Habs fans derail every thread whenever someone posts something they don’t agree with.

Look at these cringe posts, these are the type of fans that would rather see Toronto fail than watch Montreal succeed.

You started the garbage between Leafs and Habs in a Lehkonen thread. Something tells me you are holding grudges and can't let it go. You have a very confrontational approach that's only going to make yourself look bad over time. I'd advise to drop that approach. Let others try it but be the better poster.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If his next contract is in the 4M range then the value is not that great

He's at a good age and can plug anywhere in the lineup and is defensively sound....Easily worth 3.5-4M over a mid term contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs will probably get a good return for Lehkonen, teams tend to over pay at the deadline and this year looks like it wont be any different

Not sure if he gets traded or not but there seems to be a fair amount of dialog going on with GM's about him and reputable members of the media are reporting things like they did with Chiarot. Not a fan of Dreger though but he does have good sources

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal

Oh noooo, you come in a Habs thread with a troll comment but don't like getting trolled back... It is not about Toronto, it is about you often finding your way in Habs thread talking Sh%t about the team or fans.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm a Habs fan and I can't see any scenario where Lehkonen fetches a first round pick. This is way too rich for what he brings to the table.

That being said if a GM gets carried away and offers it I'll be the first one to be delighted. Wouldn't count on that though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad