HFWF OT XII - MCG vs. Cor in a 1 Hour Iron Man Match

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This day is going so freakin slow

Bro I feel you. With advertising it takes a few weeks to get back into the flow of it being busy when you come out of Christmas and I just sit here...desperately trying to find enough work to get me through the day.

Today the company had a 2 hour town hall (which is a major energy suck but it did confirm I'll get 120% of my commission for the quarter...so..thats good I guess) and looked at airbnb's for when I go to Montreal in June.

I may duck out early...

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
january is my death month, no contracts really ever. and you'll hear me complain even MORE about being poor.
and i still need to rent that room. not cool, not cool.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
First full work week in like 2 weeks, it's bad.

Seriously.... this is awful :laugh:

Bro I feel you. With advertising it takes a few weeks to get back into the flow of it being busy when you come out of Christmas and I just sit here...desperately trying to find enough work to get me through the day.

Today the company had a 2 hour town hall (which is a major energy suck but it did confirm I'll get 120% of my commission for the quarter...so..thats good I guess) and looked at airbnb's for when I go to Montreal in June.

I may duck out early...

Yeah, it's a similar story in sales.

It wasn't bad the part of last week I was in office, and the first part of this week, because there were emails and calls, and work to catch up on, but now everything's caught up, and it's just mind-numbing because January is generally a slow month because everyone is poor from the holiday season lol

I have gotten some personal stuff done. I've gotten access to my OSAP account again lol, so I will have that paid off in the next couple weeks. My credit card is now paid off. Paid my phone bill and a bit extra to be ahead on it. I've booked my vacation for the year. I've got together my tax documents so when I get my T4, I can file it right away.

But now? I'm literally watching YouTube videos while doing random work, going back and forth from my desk to the couch :laugh:

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seriously.... this is awful :laugh:

Yeah, it's a similar story in sales.

It wasn't bad the part of last week I was in office, and the first part of this week, because there were emails and calls, and work to catch up on, but now everything's caught up, and it's just mind-numbing because January is generally a slow month because everyone is poor from the holiday season lol

I have gotten some personal stuff done. I've gotten access to my OSAP account again lol, so I will have that paid off in the next couple weeks. My credit card is now paid off. Paid my phone bill and a bit extra to be ahead on it. I've booked my vacation for the year. I've got together my tax documents so when I get my T4, I can file it right away.

But now? I'm literally watching YouTube videos while doing random work, going back and forth from my desk to the couch :laugh:

Oh lord. It's about that time of year where I have to call to get access to my account because their system is horrible and outdated......all for a god damned tax form.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh lord. It's about that time of year where I have to call to get access to my account because their system is horrible and outdated......all for a god damned tax form.

The OSAP website is trash.

For me, I forgot my password, and for some reason you need to answer every question in order to reset it, and I only remembered 2/3, so it locked me out after I tried guessing my password. So I had to call and get them to unlock it, only for them to tell me I still needed to answer the questions to reset my password.

So I told them I didn't know the one answer and they told me to just register for a new account :laugh:

Dumb me didn't realize you can claim the interest on the OSAP or whatever so I didn't do that last year, so I'll do it this year :laugh: My actually OSAP was only a couple K, my big loan is through my actual bank, so the interest on the OSAP is like a hundred bucks or something, so no biggie

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah I got locked out of the old one a while ago and had to keep calling them every time I needed to get back in even though each time they said the problem should be fixed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, it's hilarious that OSAP structures the payments for a 7.5 year payback time, even on a tiny loan like mine.

Frankly, there's no reason for me to not have paid mine back by now, but it was the automatic payments set by OSAP so :dunno:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah I got locked out of the old one a while ago and had to keep calling them every time I needed to get back in even though each time they said the problem should be fixed.

Exact same thing happened to me a few years ago, felt like a real dummy when I realized this. :laugh:

Good thing I know f***ing algebra, and not how to do, and what to claim while doing taxes.

Imma stop before I rant about the North American Education System lol

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
"what are taxes and how do i do them?"
"fear not - mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell."

also those OSAP structures are bullshit, it's been 8 years and i still have quite a ways to go. two years ago i went out to celebrate getting under 10k finally. :laugh:

Reactions: Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think I'm down to my final $2000ish on my student loan now. What a time to be alive

Honestly, it feels nice. I'll be done OSAP, and have no credit card debt by the end of the month. I still have my bigger loan, which I can pay off more aggressively. I'll only have about 7K left on my car to pay back, so that should be done by the fall I would think as well if I don't spend useless money.

But by the time I get out of debt, it will be time to get a Mortgage :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the thing i learned about doing my tax shit is that if i make a mistake, they call you and fix it for you..... so its like thats what i always do. huhuh.

Reactions: Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"what are taxes and how do i do them?"
"fear not - mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell."

also those OSAP structures are bull****, it's been 8 years and i still have quite a ways to go. two years ago i went out to celebrate getting under 10k finally. :laugh:

Have you thought about restructuring your payments? I guess it depends on your finances, but it's wild how long OSAP gives you. 7 1/2 years for me to payback a couple K to them. Like wtf :laugh:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
inb4 rich boy jokes

yeah i've restructured them based on my finances at the time - currently i'm paying back as much as i can afford to each month but its still gonna take a bit cause my loan was so big. i can't complain too much tho, some of my friends are gonna be paying theirs back until they're 40.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I couldn't imagine going to University and having 6 figure student debt.

I went to college and I still find it to be outrageous lmao

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
My sister went to Queens. U of T (for her Masters) and then Dalhousie for Medical school.

I don't even want to know what level of debt she's at though she is set up career wise that it won't really mean too much.

I should really be more aggressive paying back mine since I pay the very minimum which is under $100 at this point...so I COULD in theory whipe it out and not be financially uncomfortable in a matter of months..

But meh. I'm fairly lazy and as mentioned...their system is horrific. Maybe I'll restructure it when I finally get in for my tax form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad