OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah it's cheap enough to respec pretty much whenever you want. I partly don't like doing it in an RPG, but also I know I don't play these games enough times to try out everything I want to so respeccing is a good way to test out different classes to at least see them.

Also that door wouldn't open for me either. I'm wondering if it only works if the Hag is still up there or something?
Yeah, ultimately it is your fun... do so as one pleases. No two people see the world 'exactly' the same.

I stumbled into it, saw 'teahouse' label and thought.... was there another 'secret' door in hags house... hmmmm. Not sure. So.... yes I think her still living would alter things a bit... but the door --- it is hard to say. I did glitch through it *with the wasd camera* and it is only covered in undiscovered fog so, no dice.
I killed glub or whomever that loner plant was. They have a super cool summon the dead spell... it stayed out of battle (i never actually used scroll of or summon the dead spell yet by shadowheart *high priced lvl3 spell* Ironically, his spore spawn lashed him last (those giant hook bird things) and he went flying off a high ledge UNFORTUNATELY into the chasm, as of ridiculous as it gets so I was unable to loot him (being a boss hog *technically* I wager he'd have something decent)

I used ranger thorns aoe down at the docks... if they don't have ranged or spells they are in trouble haha... they just stand there rather than taking damage running through it... they accept death by my hand, rather than inflict it onto themselves....
rambling now... if I open the door I'll inform you, withholding spoilers of course.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I used ranger thorns aoe down at the docks... if they don't have ranged or spells they are in trouble haha... they just stand there rather than taking damage running through it... they accept death by my hand, rather than inflict it onto themselves....
rambling now... if I open the door I'll inform you, withholding spoilers of course.
I loved that fight. It was the first fight after Shadowheart was Tempest so my first Call Lightning experience, plus my barbarian just kept throwing guys off the upper levels at guys down below :laugh:

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I loved that fight. It was the first fight after Shadowheart was Tempest so my first Call Lightning experience, plus my barbarian just kept throwing guys off the upper levels at guys down below :laugh:
It was the perfect fight to have fun throwing smaller races from high places :laugh:
Throwing people is very entertaining in this game haha-even pushing them is fun.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man... I slept with the fan on last night and it got cold and I or someone else must have turned the vent to reach my position in the bed... now I breathed in cold air directly on my head all night and have a ... well frankly a crappy feeling in my throat and nose today...
I'm upset because I know that you never sleep with cold air blowing directly at your head.... so easily avoidable... yet it is bringing my feeling down today... not sure if I will run or just vegetate... may make it worse to run... :cry:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well I ran... saw it was sunny and figured to try for some solar healing... just kind of floaty headed today... weird feeling.

Been thinking about my old school days... shells, irc, eggdrops, spoofing.... nuking... haha... been wanting to have my home streaming station a linux box... haven't looked into new distro's for linux in years... used to use debian / redhat... dabbled in sun os and others... anyone use linux? I see mint... manjaro... endeavour... anyone use linux here?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So someone just called and had to cancel today, sinus infection... I said, no kidding! I have one too... they say, yeah it is going around.

hmmmph.... it is mostly sinus pressure, bit floaty head, hardly sick sick... but its enough to be annoying. I take care of myself so much... run 6-8 miles a week, eat healthy etc etc etc etc and I'm the first in line to get the cold at the start of cold season.... kind of frustrating me. Of course it's hardly severe in my case... but still.....

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
So someone just called and had to cancel today, sinus infection... I said, no kidding! I have one too... they say, yeah it is going around.

hmmmph.... it is mostly sinus pressure, bit floaty head, hardly sick sick... but its enough to be annoying. I take care of myself so much... run 6-8 miles a week, eat healthy etc etc etc etc and I'm the first in line to get the cold at the start of cold season.... kind of frustrating me. Of course it's hardly severe in my case... but still.....

It had been a few years since I had a cold, or any type of illness really. But I finally got Covid this week, it kind of sucks.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It had been a few years since I had a cold, or any type of illness really. But I finally got Covid this week, it kind of sucks.
A good streak ruined!
I used to be that person, when I was in bootcamp I was sick every week, literally got sick 4 or 5 times in boot (in close quarters with literally hundreds of people from around the country), the one petty officer called me typhoid mary and wouldn't come near me... which wasn't a bad thing =] but after my second peanut butter shot (everyone only got one) and who knows what got pumped into my body --- after that I'd not come down with anything for years myself... I miss those days. Last year I had throat / sinus / head cold 4 or 5 times.... can't figure it out.

take care of yourself!

Reactions: Beau Knows

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla went to the temple with the arcane structures shooting at me constantly... took me an hour or so of (mind you I am sinus sick, floaty head, can't think straight) to get to the correct level to collect what I needed... and I still can not activate the lift... not sure what I am missing (power generator obviously) but I've so thoroughly explored the world and UD I don't know where it could be...
Question: Does taking the Duerger boat across the ebon lake into the vast darkness take me to act II? It just says 'go into the vast darkness' or 'leave (the ship)'... no warning messages...
That temple is so weird... it is frustrating me heh... I want it to operate! Only thing to fool those arcane turrets is invisible... I've not yet acquired strong enough weapons to inflict damage on 'sturdy' objects. --10 damage minimum-- even with arrows 10-25hp dmg--... so hmmm....

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla went to the temple with the arcane structures shooting at me constantly... took me an hour or so of (mind you I am sinus sick, floaty head, can't think straight) to get to the correct level to collect what I needed... and I still can not activate the lift... not sure what I am missing (power generator obviously) but I've so thoroughly explored the world and UD I don't know where it could be...
Question: Does taking the Duerger boat across the ebon lake into the vast darkness take me to act II? It just says 'go into the vast darkness' or 'leave (the ship)'... no warning messages...
That temple is so weird... it is frustrating me heh... I want it to operate! Only thing to fool those arcane turrets is invisible... I've not yet acquired strong enough weapons to inflict damage on 'sturdy' objects. --10 damage minimum-- even with arrows 10-25hp dmg--... so hmmm....
That will take you to the last main area of Act 1, but it's still pretty big. Slightly spoilery, but there's an elevator in that next section that will also give a warning (don't remember what exactly it said, didn't actually say act 2 though) that takes you to act 2.

I got into the underdark inside that temple, so I don't know how you actually get in from that side. I think I may have used something like Mage Hand to turn off the power? I really don't remember, it was a while ago. I also don't really remember all that much inside that temple.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
A good streak ruined!
I used to be that person, when I was in bootcamp I was sick every week, literally got sick 4 or 5 times in boot (in close quarters with literally hundreds of people from around the country), the one petty officer called me typhoid mary and wouldn't come near me... which wasn't a bad thing =] but after my second peanut butter shot (everyone only got one) and who knows what got pumped into my body --- after that I'd not come down with anything for years myself... I miss those days. Last year I had throat / sinus / head cold 4 or 5 times.... can't figure it out.

take care of yourself!

I'd never heard of the "peanut butter shot" before. That does not look or sound appealing at all

bicillinshot.jpg

• Haha

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I'm happy to report that I have finally finished season 4 of Rebels and as such, my 11 year old daughter will now permit me to start watching Ahsoka. It's a tough system but it's worked thus far.
Skip Ahsoka. Just bathe in the beauty that you finished one of three great Star Wars shows and neither are live action.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That will take you to the last main area of Act 1, but it's still pretty big. Slightly spoilery, but there's an elevator in that next section that will also give a warning (don't remember what exactly it said, didn't actually say act 2 though) that takes you to act 2.

I got into the underdark inside that temple, so I don't know how you actually get in from that side. I think I may have used something like Mage Hand to turn off the power? I really don't remember, it was a while ago. I also don't really remember all that much inside that temple.
THAT LEVER TURNED OFF THE TURRETS!!! AHhhhhh bollocks!!! I kept flipping it off and on wondering if it did anything and I figured not so I just kept it how I found it.... son of a!!!!!

STILL ACT 1 !!! haaaaahahaha... I mean... I thought the first UD part would be small and I'd be in ACT II pretty quickly... 20 hours later.... still going on act 1 !

I'm just approaching 100 hours.... minus creation and all the early level stuff... just about level 6 also.

I'd never heard of the "peanut butter shot" before. That does not look or sound appealing at all

bicillinshot.jpg
To my knowledge it is peanut butter because it feels so thick going in and it's like PB getting injected into your hinder... it has no appeal, believe that =P

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Skip Ahsoka. Just bathe in the beauty that you finished one of three great Star Wars shows and neither are live action.
Some stuff just doesn't work live action.
And confounding that whole trouble is that westerners (americans that I know of) view animation as childish... eh... I donno... but yeah, live action is tough for some stuff.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla I went back to that switch and again, it was hell out dancing those turrets haha... that switch did NOTHING... but I did go back because I forgot specific chests and ...... chests... (the one mundane chest has plate potato plate potato plate shrouded in magic... lose their plymorph when you take them into inv.

Nowwwwwwwww shadowheart is finding this shar temple (end of act I temple) home of her ancestors (or some thing or another) and wants to thoroughly explore this map.... I can't win =P
I did finally get her some swank shar wearables ! ! ! Straight off a skeleton corpse on to her body, she has no scruples haha...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla I went back to that switch and again, it was hell out dancing those turrets haha... that switch did NOTHING... but I did go back because I forgot specific chests and ...... chests... (the one mundane chest has plate potato plate potato plate shrouded in magic... lose their plymorph when you take them into inv.

Nowwwwwwwww shadowheart is finding this shar temple (end of act I temple) home of her ancestors (or some thing or another) and wants to thoroughly explore this map.... I can't win =P
I did finally get her some swank shar wearables ! ! ! Straight off a skeleton corpse on to her body, she has no scruples haha...
Shadowheart has my favorite companion side quests so far. Wyll is cool too. Gale is whatever.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Shadowheart has my favorite companion side quests so far. Wyll is cool too. Gale is whatever.
She is the most enigmatic no doubt... her influence points are the most 'mystery' of the party and I can't assume she'd prefer one thing or another --- even though she is dark and prefers to suffer (for her god - haha)..
Gale just sits at my camp going through his withdrawals crying and moaning for some hand outs... so now I just avoid him unless I need him - which I don't-...
hmmm THIS UD TEMPLE is absolutely massive, two, three floor high and moving lifts and ... its a lot bigger than I thought :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watched 'the boy and the beast' last night... and 'a whisker away' last week, in AWA though I give it credit --- if I knew it was a netflix movie I'd most likely not have picked to watch it beforehand. But it was a nice film and cute... 'the disappearance of hiyumi sumizami (i spelled her name wrong, im not looking it up)' sounded so good a mystery for 3 hours... gave it 1.5 hours and I was more confused nearly 2 hours in than before I started.... just yelling and yelling... I donno...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
She is the most enigmatic no doubt... her influence points are the most 'mystery' of the party and I can't assume she'd prefer one thing or another --- even though she is dark and prefers to suffer (for her god - haha)..
Gale just sits at my camp going through his withdrawals crying and moaning for some hand outs... so now I just avoid him unless I need him - which I don't-...
hmmm THIS UD TEMPLE is absolutely massive, two, three floor high and moving lifts and ... its a lot bigger than I thought :laugh:
Yeah that was my thought too, way bigger than I thought. A lot bigger back behind the initial dwarf area. I made good use of a few potions of flying and a ring of jumping in there lol

Last edited:
  • Haha

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Was about to watch this years ago, but some how did not, time and time again...
Watched THE WAILING last night. A+ primo fantastic excellent refreshing. Had it all, beautiful scenery, happy, sad, unnerving, twisting, suspense, mystery... my brain almost oozed out of my ears by the end with all the twisting hah...
20 out of 10.
Hollywood be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad