OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
images

I love ribs.

"I know I would. Heck I'd have seconds. And polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser."

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla, flew my familiar around the map area... pretty sizeable.
Did you take blurg? or whatever his name is, root guy? The companion guy in the UD can resurrect the razar beak whatevers.... per turn... thats unbeatable... I have a reanimate dead and I have control, I don't use that stuff. Gots to get to it =]
Since level 5 I just sneak up with my ranger, sneak and surprise + initiative, freezes foes. 2, get my whole stealth / sneaking party one by one and sneak through the cones and just absolutely hammer on people ../things now... kind of stumbled onto this stratagem by sneaking around separately.

OH, I can bring back connor or zombie guy... just cast spell on his voodoo wand thingy :wg:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla, flew my familiar around the map area... pretty sizeable.
Did you take blurg? or whatever his name is, root guy? The companion guy in the UD can resurrect the razar beak whatevers.... per turn... thats unbeatable... I have a reanimate dead and I have control, I don't use that stuff. Gots to get to it =]
Since level 5 I just sneak up with my ranger, sneak and surprise + initiative, freezes foes. 2, get my whole stealth / sneaking party one by one and sneak through the cones and just absolutely hammer on people ../things now... kind of stumbled onto this stratagem by sneaking around separately.

OH, I can bring back connor or zombie guy... just cast spell on his voodoo wand thingy :wg:
I did not take blurg anywhere, no. Didn't even realize I could. But I will say, I didn't kill him or the Mushroom folk :laugh:

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I did not take blurg anywhere, no. Didn't even realize I could. But I will say, I didn't kill him or the Mushroom folk :laugh:
See, kindness is its own reward =P
There is a lot of them and kind of tightly... not sure if they would be a difficult fight or not, but I'm fond of the fungi community - and how they reproduce :laugh:
For some reason he attached himself and took a liking to Karlach. Ran up to us saying the (forget the name man...) gnomes of some sort slaughtered his circle, may he repay them with us =]
He can ONLY survive in the UD.
OH also got the sussar bark, kind of a let down honestly -- forged weapon I mean... though silence is nice.... not a waste entirely, just a let down.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
images

I love ribs.

There's an old saying that when white dudes reach a certain age they have to make a choice to get really into either grilling/smoking meats or civil war reenactments. I personally chose to get really into random metal music but ALSO grilling and smoking.

Bought a secondhand weber kettle on FB Marketplace for 40 clams and immediately did a 7 hour smoke on a few racks and holy shittin' barbeque sauce it was the best carnviorous experience I've had in some time that was of my own creation.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla beat the bullek or whatever the name of the ground burrowing UD thing was. Picked up the adamatine mine / forge info quest thing too. UD is filled with tough critters... I thought Haslin said it was safer than the mountain pass :eek:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
There's an old saying that when white dudes reach a certain age they have to make a choice to get really into either grilling/smoking meats or civil war reenactments. I personally chose to get really into random metal music but ALSO grilling and smoking.

Bought a secondhand weber kettle on FB Marketplace for 40 clams and immediately did a 7 hour smoke on a few racks and holy shittin' barbeque sauce it was the best carnviorous experience I've had in some time that was of my own creation.
I did start a garden and making Salsa this year, does that fall into that category of old-man hobbies?

I have grilled some, but not a ton. I did do some good ribs on the grill a month or two back. No smoker though; but some day.

@Ogrezilla beat the bullek or whatever the name of the ground burrowing UD thing was. Picked up the adamatine mine / forge info quest thing too. UD is filled with tough critters... I thought Haslin said it was safer than the mountain pass :eek:
That thing came the hell out of nowhere, but was a good battle. I think it might have launched me off a cliff the first time, so may have been a reload situation. The stuff around the mine is great.

Gimli said Moria was safer than the mountain pass too. Folks, it's never better to go underground :laugh:

• Haha

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I did start a garden and making Salsa this year, does that fall into that category of old-man hobbies?

I have grilled some, but not a ton. I did do some good ribs on the grill a month or two back. No smoker though; but some day.

That thing came the hell out of nowhere, but was a good battle. I think it might have launched me off a cliff the first time, so may have been a reload situation. The stuff around the mine is great.

Gimli said Moria was safer than the mountain pass too. Folks, it's never better to go underground :laugh:
Starting a garden is more than a hobby though... because the garden demands much attention, it is alive after all... sure you can neglect it and still get yield, but properly run, they demand a load of time!
Nothing beats walking out and eating a tomato or green bean straight off the plant... it is a difficult feeling to explain, kind of like smelling a flower. Sharing a connection with earth instead of driving in a car half way across town to mcDips to eat mutant labratory 'food'.... woops... ranting...

It did vibrate early in the UD, who figures it would be that though!... .but once I wandered into an empty corner with nothing but bones and carcasses strew about... AND THEN an autosave... you knew trouble was brewing :laugh:
Autosave is the developers way of spoiling a 'big' surprise haha...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Starting a garden is more than a hobby though... because the garden demands much attention, it is alive after all... sure you can neglect it and still get yield, but properly run, they demand a load of time!
Nothing beats walking out and eating a tomato or green bean straight off the plant... it is a difficult feeling to explain, kind of like smelling a flower. Sharing a connection with earth instead of driving in a car half way across town to mcDips to eat mutant labratory 'food'.... woops... ranting...
it's my first attempt, and I definitely haven't tended it as well as I should. But it's doing pretty well. That said, I'm not an eat a tomato like an apple guy. But I just made some chili this week with all my own tomatoes and peppers, it's pretty good. No green beans, just peppers and tomatoes. And a storm wrecked my full tomato plants, so mostly cherry tomatoes.
It did vibrate early in the UD, who figures it would be that though!... .but once I wandered into an empty corner with nothing but bones and carcasses strew about... AND THEN an autosave... you knew trouble was brewing :laugh:
Autosave is the developers way of spoiling a 'big' surprise haha...
yeah autosave will do that :laugh: my goodness the ridiculous number of saves I have for this game are ridiculous.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
it's my first attempt, and I definitely haven't tended it as well as I should. But it's doing pretty well. That said, I'm not an eat a tomato like an apple guy. But I just made some chili this week with all my own tomatoes and peppers, it's pretty good. No green beans, just peppers and tomatoes. And a storm wrecked my full tomato plants, so mostly cherry tomatoes.

yeah autosave will do that :laugh: my goodness the ridiculous number of saves I have for this game are ridiculous.
Storm and rain got a few of our plants as well. I don't touch the garden, outside of watering it when I'm outside with the hose, washing bowser and what not. Wifey does all the garden stuff... she can spend all day out there tending it, not big, but not small garden.
Yeah, start small... learn the plants... learn the yields, learn the water / sun / rain etc etc -- each one is different but she has them in groups that are close to similar... she has a knowledge that is years on years of gardening... so specific and all that information it's quite impressive.... moon light harvests (full moon, etc...) a very mellow... kind of spiritual 'hobby'... growing and nursing a garden.

I know with the saves haha... each save is roughly 18ish mb.... I just checked, 1.5 gb of saves :eek:
I transfered my latests 4 saves for backup and deleted 1gb... have to cull the ever growing beast :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Storm and rain got a few of our plants as well. I don't touch the garden, outside of watering it when I'm outside with the hose, washing bowser and what not. Wifey does all the garden stuff... she can spend all day out there tending it, not big, but not small garden.
Yeah, start small... learn the plants... learn the yields, learn the water / sun / rain etc etc -- each one is different but she has them in groups that are close to similar... she has a knowledge that is years on years of gardening... so specific and all that information it's quite impressive.... moon light harvests (full moon, etc...) a very mellow... kind of spiritual 'hobby'... growing and nursing a garden.

I know with the saves haha... each save is roughly 18ish mb.... I just checked, 1.5 gb of saves :eek:
I transfered my latests 4 saves for backup and deleted 1gb... have to cull the ever growing beast :laugh:
oh man I should check that when I get home. I have done new save every single time I've saved, so right now I could go back to almost any point in my game :laugh: I started doing that after losing a fight and realizing I was about an hour back when I last saved :cry:

Next year I will plant fewer things and take better care of them for sure. If I can just get tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, and jalapenos I'll be thrilled. I'd love Onions too, but they just don't seem like a good use of my limited space. Maybe garlic. I guess I'm supposed to plan that this fall if I want it next year.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
oh man I should check that when I get home. I have done new save every single time I've saved, so right now I could go back to almost any point in my game :laugh: I started doing that after losing a fight and realizing I was about an hour back when I last saved :cry:

Next year I will plant fewer things and take better care of them for sure. If I can just get tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, and jalapenos I'll be thrilled. I'd love Onions too, but they just don't seem like a good use of my limited space. Maybe garlic. I guess I'm supposed to plan that this fall if I want it next year.
Did you encounter the strange and mystical Kuo Toa?
Talking.... fish... haha... well, walking on two legs fish =P
From the UD part in act 1 still...
This game has so many twists and turns...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
did you....... did you..... 💀 🔪 them???
:popcorn:
Oh I killed them all obviously. I don’t remember how that one went but I know it was after a conversation with them and their weird god or whatever.

One thing I’ll say about act 3: it’s all much more densely packed since I’m in a city now, so things overlap more. It’s harder to keep good momentum on a single quest. Not sure it’s bad in general, but for my adhd brain it is :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh I killed them all obviously. I don’t remember how that one went but I know it was after a conversation with them and their weird god or whatever.

One thing I’ll say about act 3: it’s all much more densely packed since I’m in a city now, so things overlap more. It’s harder to keep good momentum on a single quest. Not sure it’s bad in general, but for my adhd brain it is :laugh:
I heard act III is all city for the most part so... I can see that going one way or the other with people.
I love wilderness and exploring in these games. Too bad it wasn't a city hub and then you branch out still to return to city sometimes ...

I'll let you know wwhat I think of it in a month or two =P

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I heard act III is all city for the most part so... I can see that going one way or the other with people.
I love wilderness and exploring in these games. Too bad it wasn't a city hub and then you branch out still to return to city sometimes ...

I'll let you know wwhat I think of it in a month or two =P
It's still good certainly, but definitely a different flow to it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's still good certainly, but definitely a different flow to it.
Excited about the change... I suppose.
I did not kill the fish lord and let them live... did you get the dagger then I suppose?
Doesn't have it's buff though unless they are alive to worship him.

I have it for shadowheart, as opposed to that mace that necrosis aoe's around the attack zone by 3m or whatever... from that torturer guy in goblin temple... she rarely melee's though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Excited about the change... I suppose.
I did not kill the fish lord and let them live... did you get the dagger then I suppose?
Doesn't have it's buff though unless they are alive to worship him.

I have it for shadowheart, as opposed to that mace that necrosis aoe's around the attack zone by 3m or whatever... from that torturer guy in goblin temple... she rarely melee's though.
I got some weapon that I never ended up using, but I forget what it was. My Shadowheart attacks some, but not a lot. Tempest can use martial weapons and get to add thunder or lightning damage to attacks though, so I'm sure it's more useful for mine than the default version of her.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I got some weapon that I never ended up using, but I forget what it was. My Shadowheart attacks some, but not a lot. Tempest can use martial weapons and get to add thunder or lightning damage to attacks though, so I'm sure it's more useful for mine than the default version of her.
That sounds fun. Tempest... will look into it next level.
Can not believe how much is jammed into act I ud. Just that little area... you have the cult fish, the spores, the eye, the sand worm, the mushroom picker stuck in explosive mushrooms, the adamantine mine, the duerger ... the over grown path to overgrown tunnel (living door won't even activate to tell me no (yet)) the temple for the mushrooms the docks the ship dungeon with the drow... sprow / blurg (name?) conflict....the blurg guy I took as he attached to Karlach (i said earlier) wanted to wipe out the duerger by the docks, did so... now he wants to back stab someone for backstabbing him (so he claims) and .... I don't want to spoil your choices or non choices or have mine spoiled, I was just making a point of the just staggering number of choices / non choices / anti-choices, choices to go back on your word initially choices haha... Impressive game....
Also, I may be going a bit Diablo on my spec... or at least take a page... but clothing / sets of clothing / armour have buffs for classes... and in the future may respec / reclass according to my on hand equipment / weapons. Maybe... just a thought. Can't get side-tracked and must chug and plug away at this darn priority quest =]

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

You are on it, my man. Lots of cool mods you can do to that Weber kettle. An awesome company in Allentown makes a cast iron grate I love Mallory Cookware , and SNSGrills has a lot of useful things like these killer slow and sear inserts SNS . If you enjoy the smoking thing, it is easy to seal the lid of the kettle to keep smoke from leaking. I'd encourage you to install a quality thermometer on the lid, just under the vent, as the Weber thermometer and location suck. Yes, I am an old white dude, but there ain't much in terms of Civil War reenactments on the west coast...

Reactions: Deport Ogie

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
You are on it, my man. Lots of cool mods you can do to that Weber kettle. An awesome company in Allentown makes a cast iron grate I love Mallory Cookware , and SNSGrills has a lot of useful things like these killer slow and sear inserts SNS . If you enjoy the smoking thing, it is easy to seal the lid of the kettle to keep smoke from leaking. I'd encourage you to install a quality thermometer on the lid, just under the vent, as the Weber thermometer and location suck. Yes, I am an old white dude, but there ain't much in terms of Civil War reenactments on the west coast...

High Five fellow kettle nerd! I'm a relatively new acolyte but I am all-in, as they say.

For my smoke I just did a standard snake with some hickory chunks and it worked great. I like the idea of the SNS but there are some other accessories I want to get first, possibly the pizza stone. I did get the baskets and avoided dropping cash on the vortex, I think it's mostly unnecessary.

I do have a dual-probe remote thermometer I use to monitor the ambient temp at the grate. I don't use the lid thermometer since it can definitely show wonky if you're trying to do indirect.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That sounds fun. Tempest... will look into it next level.
Can not believe how much is jammed into act I ud. Just that little area... you have the cult fish, the spores, the eye, the sand worm, the mushroom picker stuck in explosive mushrooms, the adamantine mine, the duerger ... the over grown path to overgrown tunnel (living door won't even activate to tell me no (yet)) the temple for the mushrooms the docks the ship dungeon with the drow... sprow / blurg (name?) conflict....the blurg guy I took as he attached to Karlach (i said earlier) wanted to wipe out the duerger by the docks, did so... now he wants to back stab someone for backstabbing him (so he claims) and .... I don't want to spoil your choices or non choices or have mine spoiled, I was just making a point of the just staggering number of choices / non choices / anti-choices, choices to go back on your word initially choices haha... Impressive game....
Also, I may be going a bit Diablo on my spec... or at least take a page... but clothing / sets of clothing / armour have buffs for classes... and in the future may respec / reclass according to my on hand equipment / weapons. Maybe... just a thought. Can't get side-tracked and must chug and plug away at this darn priority quest =]
Yeah it's cheap enough to respec pretty much whenever you want. I partly don't like doing it in an RPG, but also I know I don't play these games enough times to try out everything I want to so respeccing is a good way to test out different classes to at least see them.

Also that door wouldn't open for me either. I'm wondering if it only works if the Hag is still up there or something?

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
High Five fellow kettle nerd! I'm a relatively new acolyte but I am all-in, as they say.

For my smoke I just did a standard snake with some hickory chunks and it worked great. I like the idea of the SNS but there are some other accessories I want to get first, possibly the pizza stone. I did get the baskets and avoided dropping cash on the vortex, I think it's mostly unnecessary.

I do have a dual-probe remote thermometer I use to monitor the ambient temp at the grate. I don't use the lid thermometer since it can definitely show wonky if you're trying to do indirect.
Remote thermometers are the key to the kingdom for sure. Meat and flame have a tricky relationship, it can go from beautiful to nasty faster than a "last call" hookup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad