OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This weather is absolutely amazing. For the following week and beyond it looks like warm weather is here to stay?
Mid February !?
Can't be.
Cold snap will inevitably return though.... it's mid-winter....
Right.......
right?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
guys if Snoop Dogg is promoting Skechers I can officially be cool if I wear them, right?
People buy stuff because of someone else tells them it's cool?
Yesh =P

I was antique hunting and saw a used pair of a cool looking shoe I wouldn't mind finding new and looked and saw 'Sketchers'.... and thought it over.... put it back and erased that idea from ever coming to reality =]
Even lounging shoes... slippers.... it just isn't going to happen :wg:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I am 100% confident that nobody that posts on this website is as cool as Snoop :laugh:
Probably.

I don't want to equate the TSA to the Nazgul, but last time I flew, I got a pat down ahead of my departure flight wherein I'm pretty sure they recovered items lost in grade school and every sock disappeared by every dryer I've ever used.

Skechers *are* pretty comfy, can't fault his taste there.
What’s next, you’re going to wear Crocs?

Is humanity completely lost?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
My favorite dog-walking shoe for nice weather :D Occasionally, there are socks involved when it's chilly. They're plain black - they go with everything :thumbu:
I hope the objects that were shot down were alien and they blow the planet up. After reading this I think I’ve come to terms with it.

———

Walking Turbo is a nightmare. I swear she’s older than the rescue shelter let on. She’s a trooper, don’t get me wrong, but when we get home she is done and is dead asleep for hours and we’re not talking crazy hikes, like a decent 2hr walk around the sea wall etc with some stops along the way. I bought some of these local shoes called Vessi’s. Water proof, I bought the Weekend Chelsea’s in black and gray. Nice shoe but awful insoles. The weather proof of the shoes definitely helps living here.

Edit: The black ones I have are the black on black. The grays have the white soles, not a fan of white soles on Chelsea’s.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I hope the objects that were shot down were alien and they blow the planet up. After reading this I think I’ve come to terms with it.

———

Walking Turbo is a nightmare. I swear she’s older than the rescue shelter let on. She’s a trooper, don’t get me wrong, but when we get home she is done and is dead asleep for hours and we’re not talking crazy hikes, like a decent 2hr walk around the sea wall etc with some stops along the way. I bought some of these local shoes called Vessi’s. Water proof, I bought the Weekend Chelsea’s in black and gray. Nice shoe but awful insoles. The weather proof of the shoes definitely helps living here.

Edit: The black ones I have are the black on black. The grays have the white soles, not a fan of white soles on Chelsea’s.
mate, you know anything about Glasgow? I got a conference there the end of March so any recs if you have any would be appreciated.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why is it STILL difficult to find a PS5 that isn't still listed at scalper prices? Like, did Sony manufacture only 100 of them and haven't bothered to make new ones since?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
mate, you know anything about Glasgow? I got a conference there the end of March so any recs if you have any would be appreciated.
Hit up Ardnamurchan, good food and beer selection from the last time I went last year. If you’re into scotch, Oban and Glengoyne would be good ones to just check out outside of the others that might interest you. A lot of great scenic areas to walk.

Then there’s the art gallery, science center, etc. usual touristy fare.

Why is it STILL difficult to find a PS5 that isn't still listed at scalper prices? Like, did Sony manufacture only 100 of them and haven't bothered to make new ones since?
I usually get both consoles and only got Xbox this time around, it collects dust at the moment but I plan to lose my shit at some little wankers on Halo maybe this weekend if my wife doesn’t ruin my weekend of nothing.

My ps4 is still fine, I feel like ps really f***ed the pooch with their manufacturing.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hit up Ardnamurchan, good food and beer selection from the last time I went last year. If you’re into scotch, Oban and Glengoyne would be good ones to just check out outside of the others that might interest you. A lot of great scenic areas to walk.

Then there’s the art gallery, science center, etc. usual touristy fare.
Word. I'm thinking of flying in on a Thursday the day before the conference and staying until Sunday, but we'll see how much my employer will front on it. Any good tailors or menswear stores to look at while I'm there? Also dinner recs would be key. I've got one mandatory conference dinner with all the dunces from Oxford and Cambridge, but after that I want to get some street food.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Word. I'm thinking of flying in on a Thursday the day before the conference and staying until Sunday, but we'll see how much my employer will front on it. Any good tailors or menswear stores to look at while I'm there?

It is more of a party town I find, we usually pop in for a day or two, stay at the Blythwood Square Hotel , oh also go to The Ben Nevis, solid pub.

Menswear in Glasgow?

Remus Uomo is a definite yes to check out. Always found great stuff there.

Cruise and W2 also worth checking out if you’re in the area.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

———

So far they've been intelligent enough not to *land* that we know of :laugh:

Those are nice; they remind of a pair of Timberlands I retired this past fall after about four years. Breathable waterproofing is always intriguing.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So far they've been intelligent enough not to *land* that we know of :laugh:

Those are nice; they remind of a pair of Timberlands I retired this past fall after about four years. Breathable waterproofing is always intriguing.
Waterproofing yes.
Breathable, most definitely not.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Waterproofing yes.
Breathable, most definitely not.
Drat.

I absolutely hate raincoats because they feel suffocating. Gimme a windbreaker and an umbrella. I do have some pure rubber boots for absolute slop weather, but usually reach for something else if I'm going to have to wear them for more than half an hour.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Drat.

I absolutely hate raincoats because they feel suffocating. Gimme a windbreaker and an umbrella. I do have some pure rubber boots for absolute slop weather, but usually reach for something else if I'm going to have to wear them for more than half an hour.
The Vessi’s aren’t too bad but to be water proof they are fairly stuffy. Great for winter, absolutely dreadful for fall/spring.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Back to playing Persona 4 Golden... not sure why I put 30 hours into it and walked away back in .... summer 2021?
I'm guessing 'summer' itself being that reason.
Also wanted to play P5 super bad, and P5 Strikers.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

Is that shop reliable? Did anyone (from Europe) bought something there?

Thanks a lot :)
I don't know if I would trust that site. You an always look it up on Trust Pilot.

I don’t wear condoms either.
I mean, if you have to wear a condom with your wife, that's a whole different story.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So far we have 2 pretty good Video Game Based shows in - Last of Us and Halo (if you skip the Kwan-Ha scenes, it's like a 8/10 show imo).

I am curious what they do with Fallout. It's definitely got a ton of room to play around vs the other 2 properties. There's some main things that they definitely need to add, but I think they're going to focus on the Vault survivors and the ensuing drama.

I still hope BioShock isn't ruined by the morons at Netflix since that is being turned into a movie. The Resident Evil show was a giant shit show of cringe. I still yearn for a Gears of War franchise of movies or a HBO/Showtime level of a show - Dave Batista has been championing it for a long time now, I really hope he gets it off the ground finally.

I think they tried Need for Speed, the absurdity that is the flaming pile of shit Fast & Furious franchise likely ruined any hopes of that one being good, I mean they did make one that I think bombed? There's been others as Movies but I think the show format has always been the best for Video Game Adaptations, a lot are fleshed out by some very good writers. Karen Traviss essentially has it all mapped out for GOW...

I think there's some Call of Duty type of shit that might also be coming out?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So far we have 2 pretty good Video Game Based shows in - Last of Us and Halo (if you skip the Kwan-Ha scenes, it's like a 8/10 show imo).

I am curious what they do with Fallout. It's definitely got a ton of room to play around vs the other 2 properties. There's some main things that they definitely need to add, but I think they're going to focus on the Vault survivors and the ensuing drama.

I still hope BioShock isn't ruined by the morons at Netflix since that is being turned into a movie. The Resident Evil show was a giant shit show of cringe. I still yearn for a Gears of War franchise of movies or a HBO/Showtime level of a show - Dave Batista has been championing it for a long time now, I really hope he gets it off the ground finally.

I think they tried Need for Speed, the absurdity that is the flaming pile of shit Fast & Furious franchise likely ruined any hopes of that one being good, I mean they did make one that I think bombed? There's been others as Movies but I think the show format has always been the best for Video Game Adaptations, a lot are fleshed out by some very good writers. Karen Traviss essentially has it all mapped out for GOW...

I think there's some Call of Duty type of shit that might also be coming out?
Fallout is a broad enough topic that it has a chance just because it's basically a setting more than a specific story to tell. But there's plenty of room to do it badly too.

Bioshock would need to be done really well. Lot's of room for it to go wrong. If they go with the same story as the game they'd have to make sure to get the climax/twist to hit right when you're just watching vs playing 1st person as the character.

The Last of Us is great so far. Never played enough Halo to care, and never played Gears at all. Both look good, just comes with the lack of X-Box. I may get the halo collection on steam.

I know they're cartoons, but Arcane was great too and everyone says Castlevania and Cyberpunk are good too. So the number of good game to show adaptations is definitely on the rise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Fallout is a broad enough topic that it has a chance just because it's basically a setting more than a specific story to tell. But there's plenty of room to do it badly too.

Bioshock would need to be done really well. Lot's of room for it to go wrong. If they go with the same story as the game they'd have to make sure to get the climax/twist to hit right when you're just watching vs playing 1st person as the character.

The Last of Us is great so far. Never played enough Halo to care, and never played Gears at all. Both look good, just comes with the lack of X-Box. I may get the halo collection on steam.

I know they're cartoons, but Arcane was great too and everyone says Castlevania and Cyberpunk are good too. So the number of good game to show adaptations is definitely on the rise.

Castlevania was great. Cyberpunk has a show? I have never played the game. It looks like GTA in the future.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Castlevania was great. Cyberpunk has a show? I have never played the game. It looks like GTA in the future.
I haven't played the game or seen the show. I hear they are both good now that the game got performance patches. I think it's more open world RPG than GTA, more like a bigger Deus Ex or something, but maybe I'm wrong.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Thailand is hot.

6PBnYg_59gTi7zamloy8Piz0dZc=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad