OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I remember when that first Big KRIT mix tape came out. Good stuff. Right around when Freddie Gibbs had his first popular stuff coming out.

Yeah, I like how KRIT is trying to cop that Outkast vibe, but I'm not always sold on what he does. Likewise, Gibbs has put out some amazing shit and some absolutely mindblowingly mediocre shit too. His new stuff is growing on me though. Dude can even make autotune flows sound good when wants to.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Lol I don't mind Bun B.

I should have said Run The Jewels. A little ebony and ivory via hiphop.

Also Paul Wall and Slim Thug...this is what I'm talking about.

Why, if you hold up the index and middle fingers to make a finger gun, it's cool.
Why, if you hold up a index finger (and thumb) to make a finger gun, it's lame.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lol I don't mind Bun B.

I should have said Run The Jewels. A little ebony and ivory via hiphop.

Also Paul Wall and Slim Thug...this is what I'm talking about.

Always been a fan of EL-P and Killer Mike independently but Run the Jewels never really clicked with me. Their first album was good, but everything else has been whatever since.

The Killer Mike album produced by El-P was very good.

Love this Slim Thug feature.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Always been a fan of EL-P and Killer Mike independently but Run the Jewels never really clicked with me. Their first album was good, but everything else has been whatever since.

The Killer Mike album produced by El-P was very good.

Love this Slim Thug feature.

Their albums have been hit or miss. A few stand out songs, then mostly mediocre ones. But the few that hit, definitely hit. Those are usually on my Gym playlist.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Attachments

• BF83C7CB-7AC4-4949-9767-2C822F1CA65A.jpeg
    BF83C7CB-7AC4-4949-9767-2C822F1CA65A.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
just watched Banshees of Inisherin finally. Great stuff. I love that combination of sad and hilarious. Not easy to pull off, but Farrell, Gleeson, and McDonagh seem to have it down. A lot of movies that try to do it just end up dull imo.

Reactions: LOGiK

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
just watched Banshees of Inisherin finally. Great stuff. I love that combination of sad and hilarious. Not easy to pull off, but Farrell, Gleeson, and McDonagh seem to have it down. A lot of movies that try to do it just end up dull imo.

Yeah. Instant classic. And I love Ireland in general.

Clipse and Pusha are pretty much top shelf.

Ironic the same place I be making figures at.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Have 'Wolf Children' in the hopper for tonight.
@pixies
Read it's the third film from that guy behind ... the girl who leapt through time or something, and another, summer wars? Guessing at the two, but... WC seems right up wifey's angle. I too, enjoy soft-hearted films as of lately...
Can't wait.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Gurglesons we finished wolf children last night. Wifey loved it. I also liked it. Very simple story. No villains. No ..... no anything aggravating. Just relaxing good-hearted film.
Good recommend, thanking you!

* I put summer wars and TGWLTT in the hop.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Gurglesons we finished wolf children last night. Wifey loved it. I also liked it. Very simple story. No villains. No ..... no anything aggravating. Just relaxing good-hearted film.
Good recommend, thanking you!

* I put summer wars and TGWLTT in the hop.
finally got around to watching Before Sunrise last night. It's been on my list for years. Really liked it. Looking forward to the sequels. It's obviously not the same thing, but it's a nice "no villains" kind of story as well.

Reactions: LOGiK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Did anyone else here play the new Fire Emblem game on Switch? I was pessimistic going into it based on the reviews, but I truly ended up loving it. The story is clearly worse than 3 Houses, but I really like the characters (in like a wacky way) and the gameplay is obviously terrific.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Did anyone else here play the new Fire Emblem game on Switch? I was pessimistic going into it based on the reviews, but I truly ended up loving it. The story is clearly worse than 3 Houses, but I really like the characters (in like a wacky way) and the gameplay is obviously terrific.
ugh I need to get that, but I have fallen soooooooooooo far behind on games I want to play lately.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
ugh I need to get that, but I have fallen soooooooooooo far behind on games I want to play lately.

Yeah I can't speak highly of it enough. The bad reviews for the game are basically just "this isn't Three Houses". The story is really bland, it's a classic "this guy bad and wants to take over the world!!!" story. But most Fire Emblem stories are basically that.

I bought it based on the reviews of the gameplay, which all said it was terrific. But I also grew to love the characters, they're all really weird in an endearing way. My favorite is Merrin, who's a geeky furry Wolf Knight that absolutely demolishes enemies :laugh:

Take the story from Three Houses with the characters from Engage and I think you have the absolute best Fire Emblem game ever.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Barry Keoghan was fantastic imo. Played a goofy but tragic character that ended so sadly. I’m kind of glad Reeves sees him as a good fit for Joker. He’s a fantastic actor.

I still haven’t finished RDR2, I’m stuck at 30-35% completion.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Barry Keoghan was fantastic imo. Played a goofy but tragic character that ended so sadly. I’m kind of glad Reeves sees him as a good fit for Joker. He’s a fantastic actor.

I still haven’t finished RDR2, I’m stuck at 30-35% completion.
Yeah koeghan was great. Honestly everyone was.

I never tried rdr2. Or the first. I'd probably like them, but at this point I feel like I missed it and probably won't ever go back. Plus it seems really open, which I get paralyzed by choice when I try those games. Maybe some day.

Laos has been a borderline religious experience for me so far. I don't even have words for it yet.

I'm gonna wind up being as obnoxious about Laos as people were about Thailand 40 years ago by the end of this.
Enjoy it man, even if we all tell you to stfu when youre back and won't shut up :laugh:. Who cares what we think, live your best life.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad