OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
"This stomach flu isn't that bad, it's better than dysentary. "

I kid of course, I've never actually watched Lost. The bit about GoT ending being dysentary is serious though.
Lost's ending is imo mediocre. The last season does have some legit bad bits, but the main character stories still wrap up well enough. GoT is just a whole different level of a mess.

It feels like an awful lot of shows have pretty bad endings. It's a shame. I honestly wonder how many shows that "ended too soon" were actually better off because of it.

Reactions: Deport Ogie

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Where else are you going? Are you gonna hit Taiwan, like everyone should before it ceases to exist as a cool independent space?

Honestly, I never thought 3H was that deep as far as the story goes. It was cool, lots of neat stuff, but basically your interactions with the characters are still pretty shallow, there's basically the "make friends with your students or kill them" binary, etc.

It's not like Chrono Trigger/FF VI/VII/IX/Planescape: Torment levels of deep characterization or anything. It's just kinda neat to have a Fire Emblem game that even embraced that much narrative.

When I booked everything Taiwan was still closed, so that's on my short-term to-do list...

I fly to Hanoi tomorrow and spend just a few days in that area before heading back via Singapore (~50h layover).

Fire Emblem be Fire Emblem. If you're playing them for the story you're doing it wrong. I'm still very early into Engage for obvious reasons, but I'm really liking it for what it is. For as much value as I put into story...sometimes you just want to play something without needing to give it 100% focus.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Laos has been a borderline religious experience for me so far. I don't even have words for it yet.

I'm gonna wind up being as obnoxious about Laos as people were about Thailand 40 years ago by the end of this.
Man. I was in Laos in '99. Your post makes me wonder how much might have changed. Incredibly beautiful landscapes, scenic spots (water falls and temples etc.).

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I wasn't planning on eating out, but I may reconsider on the chance to try some grilled baby boy :naughty:
-vano68.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I'm three episodes into "The Contractor" and it's uh, I don't know how to describe it but Christoph Waltz is his unusual self in it. Creepy af.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Protip: When ordering an Oreo Mocha Fudge Blizzard from DQ, always ask for extra “coffee concentrate” :heart:

Makes an already yummy thing that much better and flavourful.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
First episode was meh. Was expecting more but felt like a lot of it was filler with little substance. Not a fan of how they do their formula at the Mutant Mouse Space House.

This one is the best one I've come across. Best Free VPN - FJORD
edit... lol...
you........... rickrolled that link?
but..... why.....

yooooooooooooouuuuuu bastard!
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad