Hearing for Torres on Stoll hit (Thurs 9am PT, NYC; w/DW); out for rest of WCSF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I am the opposite of a Torres fan, and even after he has joined the Sharks I am still one of his biggest detractors. I was outraged that he didn't get a longer suspension than he did last season and that he even got it appealed down to fewer games. If he is allowed to continue to play, I think it is only a matter of time before he commits a serious offence again.

But this particular hit, I just can't see why he would get suspended for it. If principle point of contact was the head I'd say lock him up (for good), but for the life of me I just don't see it.

EDIT: Is it possible that they just want an in-person hearing to tell him "look, you were really close to a bad play here so you gotta be more careful because this is your last chance"?

As mentioned here, and just now on NHL Network Radio, the Sharks requested the in-person hearing.

IMHO, they are worried Shanny is just gonna drop the hammer and they want to make their case.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If Torres is suspended Shanahan needs to have his brain examined.

Probably why the Sharks are the ones to request the hearing. I think they want to go over the various camera angles that clearly show that probably this wasn't even worthy of a penalty, let alone a suspension.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I know Nieto has a contract beginning next season, but can he be signed to play now? I know he could have been signed during the season to play then (but nobody wanted to burn an ELC year), never heard if it can happen in the playoffs.

As far as I know he can, but it burns a year of his ELC. I don't want to do that, but the Sharks odds of beating the kings down Havlat AND Torres is pretty much zero.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Probably why the Sharks are the ones to request the hearing. I think they want to go over the various camera angles that clearly show that probably this wasn't even worthy of a penalty, let alone a suspension.

And probably isolated the Penner hit on Wingels which was the same damn thing except Wingo is unbreakable.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Maybe I'm reading it differently, but you can decline an in person interview. The fact that the Sharks "requested" an in person interview does not exclude the fact that Shanny may have requested one and the Sharks said yes.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

Kings coach Darryl Sutter today called the Torres hit on Stoll "careless."

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
As far as I know he can, but it burns a year of his ELC. I don't want to do that, but the Sharks odds of beating the kings down Havlat AND Torres is pretty much zero.

nieto doesnt change that percentage at all. why burn the year?

just adjust with what weve got.

i still like tennyson. demers is coming back.

we looked dangeround after decent breakouts, just need to keep the focus.

i think galiardi can handle the defensive assignments on the top line.

i think gomez or sheppard can be effective with jumbo and burns

and i think pavs can continue to at the very least keep us in the offensive zone on his shifts.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
If Raffi gets like 3 games and Stoll misses them as well, that might be an equal trade off. If Raffi gets suspended for a long time, then I think the series is over.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
And probably isolated the Penner hit on Wingels which was the same damn thing except Wingo is unbreakable.

Since Kerry Fraser did an analysis of Torres/Stoll, I sent an e-mail to him asking him to analyze Penner/Wingels. I think other Sharks fans should do the same, [email protected]. Just because the refs missed it and Wingels didn't get hurt, doesn't mean Penner shouldn't be suspended if Torres is.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
nieto doesnt change that percentage at all. why burn the year?

just adjust with what weve got.

i still like tennyson. demers is coming back.

we looked dangeround after decent breakouts, just need to keep the focus.

i think galiardi can handle the defensive assignments on the top line.

i think gomez or sheppard can be effective with jumbo and burns

and i think pavs can continue to at the very least keep us in the offensive zone on his shifts.

If Torres is suspended..they will run 7 D with Demers. Kearns and Kennedy both in the line up is a terrifying thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad