Hearing for Torres on Stoll hit (Thurs 9am PT, NYC; w/DW); out for rest of WCSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
IF there is a suspension, even after an in-person hearing, there will be a video from Shanahan explaining the rationale correct?

If so, that would definitely be a video I'd like to see because I think any suspension here is beyond ridiculous.

Should be a video regardless of hearing outcome.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The inconsistency when it comes to supplemental discipline is a joke. Shanahan and co. need to make decisions based on the play. Not the result or assume a player's intent. Of course if Marleau or Wingels makes this hit..there is no bs. This is a reputation call and witch hunt. Plain and simple.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I watched the replay a few times. Even though it doesn't look like the intent was for the head, you could see Stoll's head whip back... I think there will be a long suspension coming.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Crosby makes this hit and he gets the Lady Byng and Masterton trophy.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Much as I dislike him, if Raffi is out for the rest of the series and Havlat is not back, this series is over.

skilks

This is nightmare
Jul 14, 2009
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Much as I dislike him, if Raffi is out for the rest of the series and Havlat is not back, this series is over.

As much as I want to stay positive. This is absolutely the case. I already thought we would have a hard enough time with Havlat out. Torres wasn't enough to replace him. Taking Torres out means we do what what, have Kennedy in?

Marleau - Couture - Kennedy
Galliardi - Thornton - Burns
Desjardin - Pavelski - Wingels
Sheppard - Gomez - Kearns

That is by no means a cup winning roster.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Well, apparently the boards are so screwed up I can't quote:

There is no indication that Stoll even has a concussion at this point. Why would the Kings put him back out there when they are up? Precaution kept him out. Now maybe he is hurt, but we don't know that.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
in the end, it wasnt a hit that needed to be made. sucks but true.

expecting torres to be gone the rest of the playoffs, even if its a dumb suspension.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think if Raffi is suspended at all, it will be a looooooooooooong suspension. It's gonna be all or nothing this time.
Regardless he's going to be useless when he comes back. He's not good defensively, and NEEDS physical play to be useful. He's going to be scared of hitting anyone after this. It's one thing to get suspended for the Hossa hit, it's another to be suspended from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad