Hearing for Torres on Stoll hit (Thurs 9am PT, NYC; w/DW); out for rest of WCSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I hope Stoll isn't hurt bad, but the Kings were up and holding at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if Sutter kept him out to try and get Torres suspended. He's not stupid and knows Torres has a rep and a catalyst to the Sharks resurgence. Taking him out would certainly help the Kings win the series.

I never want to see a player injured and I hope Stoll is alright, but I wouldn't be unhappy if he missed the rest of the series. He did look like he wanted a piece of Torres and then stopped right away.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: SJ's Raffi Torres will have disciplinary hearing with NHL for hit on LA's Jarret Stoll. Sounds like request is for an in-person hearing.

Does that mean he might miss game 2? Since it is in person?

This is just getting ridiculous. Fine him if you want (which still would be getting this wrong), but you can't suspend a guy because another player leaves himself vulnerable to a clean hit.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
yea its definitely something that could hurt us in the long run. every hit he makes is dissected an analyzed. could cause us a lot of problems. i still want him on the team though.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
RealKyper 10:25am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
#NHL news. An in-person hearing has been requested by the league for #Sharks Raffi Torres. Meaning another lengthy suspension is possibility

May also be an issue of logistics. Would guess that Blake is in LA.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423221

Fraser's explanation/analysis of Torres hit. Feels that head was point of contact.

skilks

This is nightmare
Jul 14, 2009
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
After re-watching the play multiple times on the reverse angle, it looks to me like Torres lines up intending for a clean hit. His shoulder stays down. At the last second, Stoll sees Torres and braces for impact. He does this by standing more upright. This pulls his front shoulder out of the way, causing Torres to hit him in the chest/head/far shoulder (couldn't tell from quality of video).

Stoll put himself in harms way.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Are you serious? Wow... I guess the league wants to get that kind of hit out of the game but keep Brown's hit in.

PlaywithGutz*

Clear shoulder to shoulder hit ...it was the head snap that made it look worse.....screw you Shanny

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 10m

Torres has been offered an in-person hearing. Traditionally 5 or more games, but doesn't have to be. No word on whether he's accepted yet.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
IF there is a suspension, even after an in-person hearing, there will be a video from Shanahan explaining the rationale correct?

If so, that would definitely be a video I'd like to see because I think any suspension here is beyond ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad