Hearing for Torres on Stoll hit (Thurs 9am PT, NYC; w/DW); out for rest of WCSF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I think this frustrates me more because its a questionable suspension but when you look around the league, things like Sedins headshot on Juicy. Ovis headshot etc etc, all essentially worse in maliciousness than the Torres hit and nothing is done or said about them by the league.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
but the nhl could actually say its not a 6+ game suspension, they can say its just a 4 game suspension, and wait it out for the 4th game to be over and if the sharks are still in the 2nd round, then they say its a 5 game suspension, and if the sharks win, they can finally say its a 6 game suspension, but by this time it would be to late any ways to get torres back before the series ended.

Hey, I'm just quotin' Tweets. I have no idea what the rules of the NHL are anymore :laugh:

Ouspensky

Feb 19, 2012
At this point I am utterly convinced that there is a conspiracy against the San Jose Sharks.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I don't know what's more pathetic, the suspension, or the poster in this thread practically gloating about it..

Both are rather pathetic to be honest. Moreso the suspension though...

Watch as Jarett Stoll comes back miraculously from that "awful head shot." ****ing Puke.
I honestly don't like him; yeah, he's not J. Ruutu, Cooke, Avery in levels of un-likability, but just... ugh.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Raffi Torres is no Matt Cooke.

Yeah, the league wouldn't dare screw the Pens over like that. :rant:

it's a terrible, unwarranted suspension but i don't see what it has to do with Cooke and the Pens. Cooke gets phantom calls on him all the time for doing absolutely nothing. in fact, i'd argue that the same principle is at work, the judgement of referees and entrenched decision-makers has been irreparably clouded by their respective past actions.

Ouspensky

Feb 19, 2012
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Yes, I can see Hanlon's Razor applying here, but the Sharks have received the **** end of the stick far too many times for me to think logically at this point. I'm seething.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
@DarrenDreger 27 secs
Players always could + still can appeal suspensions of any length to the commissioner. Only susp of 6 or more go to arbitrator. New twist.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
What are your guys' plans for the off season? My birthday is in June I will go drinking starting today.

SignThornton

BEAST MODE
Oct 14, 2005
St. Catharines, Ont.
Remainder of series? That is utter horse ****. Shanahan can blow moose ****. One game at most and only because it was Torres. I thought the hit was fine and Torres intentions were good. This is gonna hurt us big time. Guys need to step it up.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
At this point I am utterly convinced that there is a conspiracy against the San Jose Sharks.

Nah, they're using him as an example that they're taking a hard line on headshots so the media doesn't piss and moan about how the league doesn't care about it's players long-term health and all of that jazz.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think this frustrates me more because its a questionable suspension but when you look around the league, things like Sedins headshot on Juicy. Ovis headshot etc etc, all essentially worse in maliciousness than the Torres hit and nothing is done or said about them by the league.

Exactly. Its ********.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
it's a terrible, unwarranted suspension but i don't see what it has to do with Cooke and the Pens. Cooke gets phantom calls on him all the time for doing absolutely nothing. in fact, i'd argue that the same principle is at work, the judgement of referees and entrenched decision-makers has been irreparably clouded by their respective past actions.

Any phantom suspensions? That's the point. This is a phantom suspension.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA

They aren't going to suspend the big stars during the playoffs, but a guy like Torres? He's got a history and an easy guy to throw under the bus to make it look like the league cares about it's players.

Adam Jones

May 6, 2011
Davis, CA
Stoll certainly has a knack for taking Sharks players out for a series.

EDIT: NM...for some reason thought White was out for that whole series in '11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad