Hearing for Torres on Stoll hit (Thurs 9am PT, NYC; w/DW); out for rest of WCSF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
poor argument considering that for him to hurt the team he wouldve needed to perform in such a way to be relied upon. which he had.

Not only that, but for him to hurt the team, we would have had to give up depth in order to get Torres. We only gave us a 3rd, so I don't know how he "hurt" us.
Suspended Torres = no depth
Don't trade for Torres = still no depth and might not even be where we are right now.

AJ SF4L

#GoSharks
Sep 1, 2011
San Jose
Garbage. Shanahan seems to have a tough time explaining in the video how and throw out a lot of, "Well, this looks to be the principal point of contact...sorta". It's like the Shanaban-department couldn't even make up their minds on how to justify the suspension. This just reeks of appeasing the poor, abused 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings. :shakehead

Any other player but Torres throws this hit and the league would have ignored it as it was just "playoff hockey". Stoll will most likely be back before this series ends, but Torres won't.

KT

Oct 5, 2009
The video says the head was the intended initial point of contact. Right. And Kennedy got shot by a lone gunman. And Vince Foster committed suicide. Right. This league has become the laughingstock of the sports world.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Thats BS.

If Stoll doesnt play the rest of the series I suppose thats a good trade off.

I honestly don't think he is even turly injured. He will be back on Saturday.

For clarification, I hope he isnt injured because I hate seeing players get hurt, and obviously, their lives are more important than a game. But I think the Kings sat him to really push for suspension. Maybe my anger is clouding my judgement I dont know lol.

KT

Oct 5, 2009
All I can say is: Stoll better be out for the rest of this frickin series.

NOTE: if the series goes long enough for Torres to be out longer than 5 games, the Sharks can APPEAL the decision to a neutral board. This is exactly why the weird decision to not issue a hard number of games. No appeal can be made NOW. Always the slimebag politician is Shanahan.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
How so? He wouldn't even ****ing be here otherwise to get us where we are. We didn't lose any depth. You're still just hating on him to hate on him.

So, NO. You didn't tell us so.

We would have made the playoffs without Torres, if you are saying we would not have got through the first round without him, we swept Vancouver, it wasn't even close. Raffi, while good in that round, was not going to make a big difference in the result of that series more than likely.

What is for sure is he has put us a man down in the second round because of a reckless, unnecessary, play. He's a repeat offender, he's under the microscope, and the Sharks took a risk on him that has now bit them in the ass.

Will it cause them to lose this series? Can't really determine that, but he's certainly now done more harm than good in at least this series.

My argument always was that he's a known piece of garbage who regularly intentionally injures people. We all knew that even a minor infraction was going to cost him based on that reputation. Well here it is.

The guy can play hockey, no doubt, but he's damaged goods.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I assume Brown would have been suspended for the same hit?

Who says he'd be able to connect? We all saw his elbow whiff :laugh:

dustinknee.gif

Brown likes knees. Ask the Coyotes.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
It sucks, but I was expecting much worse. Not having Torres will hurt though. Hopefully we get Havlat back before the end of the series.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
This is such a ridiculous decision.

Consider the fact that if Torres hits Stoll where Shanny says Stoll is going head first into the boards from 6-8ft out resulting in a major and Torres is likely to get suspended anyway as it then would become "a hit to the back against a player in a vulnerable position".

Its a stretch to say its the principal point of contact and at the same time say he hits the shoulder first but since its glancing he targeted the head?

Talk about a spinorama.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Not only that, but for him to hurt the team, we would have had to give up depth in order to get Torres. We only gave us a 3rd, so I don't know how he "hurt" us.
Suspended Torres = no depth
Don't trade for Torres = still no depth and might not even be where we are right now.

Sharks could have traded for someone else instead, whom would likely now not be suspended for 6 games.

Zaffy

Nov 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca
poor argument considering that for him to hurt the team he wouldve needed to perform in such a way to be relied upon. which he had.

He's one bad judgement call away from a 5 min major penalty at any given time when he's on the ice. That can lose a game and series. It's not a liability that we should tolerate. This hit shows he still has bad judgement.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
We would have made the playoffs without Torres, if you are saying we would not have got through the first round without him, we swept Vancouver, it wasn't even close. Raffi, while good in that round, was not going to make a big difference in the result of that series more than likely.

What is for sure is he has put us a man down in the second round because of a reckless, unnecessary, play. He's a repeat offender, he's under the microscope, and the Sharks took a risk on him that has now bit them in the ass.

Will it cause them to lose this series? Can't really determine that, but he's certainly now done more harm than good in at least this series.

My argument always was that he's a known piece of garbage who regularly intentionally injures people. We all knew that even a minor infraction was going to cost him based on that reputation. Well here it is.

How did Torres hurt the team, if with him suspended, the Sharks are the same team they were before they got him? Its not like we gave up anyone that would be helping us currently anyways.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

ummm sorry to burst your whiny attack post, but without the trade for torres we are down a man from the trade deadline, to now. we have no depth. without the torres trade we have nobody behind him, or unless you think wilson doesn't trade clowe because he was going after torres the entire time.

which doesn't make sense because for a week prior to the trade deadline the rumours were which team was going to win the clowe trade.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
How did Torres hurt the team, if with him suspended, the Sharks are the same team they were before they got him? Its not like we gave up anyone that would be helping us currently anyways.

Who? Jussi "healthy scratch" Jokinen?

ummm sorry to burst your whiny attack post, but without the trade for torres we are down a man from the trade deadline, to now. we have no depth. without the torres trade we have nobody behind him, or unless you think wilson doesn't trade clowe because he was going after torres the entire time.

which doesn't make sense because for a week prior to the trade deadline the rumours were which team was going to win the clowe trade.

Again, we could have traded for someone else. I don't care who it is at this point, they are better than a suspended Torres. And as Zaffy said, he's a liability.

Look, it's not like I've ever changed my tune on this. He's a ********, I"ve always said so, I never wanted him on his team. I was perfectly willing to admit he was playing well, but I was just waiting for him to do something stupid, which he did. What part of that is not exactly what I said would happen?

Sure he could have sent Stoll to the emergency room and ended his career, but short of that he's still doing the same dumb crap he's always done, just now he's wearing a Sharks sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad