Post-Game Talk: Hawks fall to Nucks 2-1 in Shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Chicago's 0-0-2 on this road trip. They've gotten two points, which is good, but they're not .500.

I don't think, personally, that I'm being negative.. but damn am I frustrated that Q didn't learn his lesson from the last shootout and simply remove Sharp from your top-4 shooters.

They've earned 50% of thepoints so, yes, they are .500.

And they were the better team tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So now 1/6th of the season is over,anx sd see the offensive decline trend as very concerning...11 goals first 2 games....only 14 in the last 6...3,3,3,2,2,1...poor and most awfull in last 3...fallen off a. cliff.. Report card for #1 D pair (Keith -5,Seabrook -4) is both ugly and unacceptable...neither are they contributing enough offense...Sharp and Bolland disappointing produ gio. AND not clicking...so 2nd line a big F...except for Kane...still 1 guy alone does not a line make...Q needs to re-jig the lines to get a better chemistry on attack...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So now 1/6th of the season is over,anx sd see the offensive decline trend as very concerning...11 goals first 2 games....only 14 in the last 6...3,3,3,2,2,1...poor and most awfull in last 3...fallen off a. cliff.. Report card for #1 D pair (Keith -5,Seabrook -4) is both ugly and unacceptable...neither are they contributing enough offense...Sharp and Bolland disappointing produ gio. AND not clicking...so 2nd line a big F...except for Kane...still 1 guy alone does not a line make...Q needs to re-jig the lines to get a better chemistry on attack...

the team is struggling right now to score goals, and yet we are still winning games and getting points in every game so far. kind of sounds like the LA Kings from last year...when a team struggles to score yet still wins means this team is sound all around and will play out of this offensive slump quickly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We have to remember that we have played a few really good defensive teams in the last 6 games.

STL, MIN, VAN

DAL had a goalie stand on his hair
DET and CLB are the only games to complain about, and we won both.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
the team is struggling right now to score goals, and yet we are still winning games and getting points in every game so far. kind of sounds like the LA Kings from last year...when a team struggles to score yet still wins means this team is sound all around and will play out of this offensive slump quickly.

Not if they don't start paying the price. Talent is great but dirty goals count just the same as any other, and in this league sometimes they are the only ones you're going to get in a game. They come from hard work and I just don't see the intensity needed from nearly enough of the Hawk players. After Toews, Hossa, Sharp and Saad, it is hard to find that fortitude.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not if they don't start paying the price. Talent is great but dirty goals count just the same as any other, and in this league sometimes they are the only ones you're going to get in a game. They come from hard work and I just don't see the intensity needed from nearly enough of the Hawk players. After Toews, Hossa, Sharp and Saad, it is hard to find that fortitude.

the Hawks should have scored 3-4 goals tonight, but the dirty ones bounced the other way. Saad scored imo as the puck looked like it crossed the line from the one view I saw but I dont know if they even reviewed it or if the ref called the play dead. we hit the post a few times and simply had the puck just roll by the net a few times. I think they played well around the net, needed a bit more presence infront of Luongo but that is the issue with this team as we lack that grit and net presence upfront. my point was a team that struggles offensively and still wins games/gets points, and has our talent, is a good sign that our goaltending and defense are up to snuff this year.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
the Hawks should have scored 3-4 goals tonight, but the dirty ones bounced the other way. Saad scored imo as the puck looked like it crossed the line from the one view I saw but I dont know if they even reviewed it or if the ref called the play dead. we hit the post a few times and simply had the puck just roll by the net a few times. I think they played well around the net, needed a bit more presence infront of Luongo but that is the issue with this team as we lack that grit and net presence upfront. my point was a team that struggles offensively and still wins games/gets points, and has our talent, is a good sign that our goaltending and defense are up to snuff this year.

NO...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Part of Alain Vigneault's sit back, kill your momentum and do nothing system.

A brilliant system that has already cost us 3 or 4 two goal leads this season.

You guys could have easily taken the lead late if it wasn't for Luongo, I think you guys carried the play for the most part and deserved the win a bit more, although it came down to the skills competition and your coach guessed wrong (Dw, our coach does it all the time)

Anyways, Want to trade coaches?

If there is one coach more frustrating to watch handle a team ,, Its Vigneault

I will take Q and his idiotic coaching choices any day over your coach

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Konopka is a 4th liner and a 4th liner only. His defensive play is overrated aswell. I get he's great on faceoffs, but when CHI needs a big win and Toews isn't out there, do you really want a Konopka-like player out there? I don't.

Of course not, we have Bolland and Kruger.;)

nottchi

Jul 10, 2012
Nottingham
Not sure that I'm willing to drag my butt out of bed at 3am to watch another game like that against the Nucks, I was really hoping it would have a bit more spark.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Excellent penalty kills. Hate to see Crawford not get a win after his solid performance. It was fun to watch Luongo.

Hopefully Bolland's injury isn't significant. PP scared me a bit. Way too much standing around on a couple of them. I think 2 of them didn't even get a puck to the net. I still don't understand why AV puts the Sedins out in certain circumstances, I don't understand many of his decisions. Everytime Q frustrates me, AV reminds me that it could be worse.

Neither team looked bad or great. I'm happy enough with the point. I really enjoy watching the shootouts (when I'm not scratching my head), wish they didn't have to decide a point though.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I've thought Brookbank's been pretty good the last two games. I like him as a third pairing guy. Feel comfortable with him there and like that he's not afraid to mix it up and stick up for teammates, like he did last night when Burrows shot the puck in the net after the whistle.

Slvrdwn

May 31, 2010
Toronto
the tsn feed here had an overhead view and i could have swarn i saw just a small amount of white ice between the puck and the line. the announcers were even commenting that it went in but the early whistle nullified the goal. regardless it didn't count.

YouCantYandleThis*

the tsn feed here had an overhead view and i could have swarn i saw just a small amount of white ice between the puck and the line. the announcers were even commenting that it went in but the early whistle nullified the goal. regardless it didn't count.

I think the issue was that a Canuck touched the puck, and it was a delayed penalty call against them. Wouldn't have counted even if it was in.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I thought the puck went in originally.. but after seeing the replay, I didn't think it fully crossed the line.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think the issue was that a Canuck touched the puck, and it was a delayed penalty call against them. Wouldn't have counted even if it was in.

That's not even close to true. Play is stopped when the defending team gets possession, not when it's first touched. Touching it into the net would count as a goal.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Exactly...

. and (here comes my rant) that is a major pet peeve that I have. The rule states that the opps must have "posession" of the puck, not simply touch it. This misinterpretation by almost all of the officials leads to quck whistles on many delayed penalties and it's been going on for years. rant over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad