Post-Game Talk: Hawks fall to Nucks 2-1 in Shootout

Nothingman*

The coaching this game was horrible. From the PP to the shoot out. The only bright spot is the PK.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
God I hate Q.

He's definitely not one of those coaches that makes a decision that seems crazy and then turns out to be brilliant. He usually just makes what seems like a crazy decision and then it blows up in his face...like having Nick Leddy shoot 4th.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Had to log in and post that Sharp had one of the most uninspired efforts I'd seen in a while tonight. I don't know if he took one pass clean all night.

Of course the coaching staff rewards him with a shoot out opportunity. 8 for 41 lifetime...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hawks deserved win.

Crawford is weak five-hole and that's where teams should exploit him on SO. But he played well tonight.

Minus the great save on Lapierre's five-hole attempt. Guy had a great game and made three stops. How about someone pick him up and put a puck in the net.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
No reason at all not to put Saad in at 3rd or 4th shooter. Don't know what Q & crew were thinking about.

Need to put Crawford in again tomorrow as we can't afford to lose a game to Calgary since this team seems to have forgotten how to score and can't be relied upon to score 6 goals against a weak team. They don't play again for 3 days so he will get plenty of rest before SJ.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Vancouver gives their kid Schroeder a shot and all Q does is sit the best player on the ice tonight by a wide margin Saad... I just dont get it.

Maybe Saad was too fatigued from carrying the weight of the entire team on his shoulders tonight!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sharp should go full speed on shootouts and treat it like a breakaway

He does well 1 on 1 vs goalie in real speed game situation ,, When he takes his time he overthinks and sucks at it

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I think Leddy had a couple nice goals in RFD shootouts this year so I can understand why you would put him ahead of some other guys... but seriously I would take Hossa Shaw Saad Frolik maybe even Kruger first

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No reason at all not to put Saad in at 3rd or 4th shooter. Don't know what Q & crew were thinking about.

Need to put Crawford in again tomorrow as we can't afford to lose a game to Calgary since this team seems to have forgotten how to score and can't be relied upon to score 6 goals against a weak team. They don't play again for 3 days so he will get plenty of rest before SJ.

Emery can get call vs Flames ,, Who knows what type of effort the Hawks give but you have to start giving Crawford some rest so he can be the guy late in year and into playoffs

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
The PP sucks, the shootout choices suck, Crawford's 5-hole sucks

But Crawford on the whole is good, the PK is unbelievable, and Saad couldn't have bought a goal tonight.

It was a game of a few inches, and the Hawks came up just short.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
At this point, I'd take Emery over Sharp in a SO. Sharp's a beast, but he blows in a SO. He also played like **** tonight. Still don't understand going with Leddy either when there's Saad, Hossa, Shaw, etc.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Always sucks to lose to these guys, but we got points in every game this year, 6-0-2. Luongo was really good for sure, Toews and Kane need to shoot. Sharp stinks in the Shootout, the fact that Leddy took the final was a total joke. Hossa, Frolik and Stalberg sitting in the bench? We need more net presence. Saad is doing something at least.

nottchi

Jul 10, 2012
Nottingham
Too much sloppy play in the 1st and 2nd cost us the game. Our supposed big guns were more like water pistols!

Saad played really well and Hossa on the PK late in the 3rd was immense!

Q seriously needs to rethink the shoot outs though, I was never confident we would win it. Still a point is a point, I'll take it!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
why they continue to trot Sharp out there is beyond me. is it because he wears the A?? I mean you would think these clowns would look up shootout numbers and realize the guy simply sucks rocks in the shootout.

and how the hell Hossa doesnt get a chance is freaken mindblowing. I mean come on Q, pull your head out of your ass already. Was Q trying to be like Vigneault as he sat the Sedins and he was sitting Hossa for some stupid reason??

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
My blood is ******* boiling right now. Patrick Sharp should never see a shootout. He's always been terrible at shootouts. He looks so awkward/unimpressive. I was more enraged seeing Sharp up to shoot than Leddy. Wtf is Q thinking. Seriously his thought patterns blow my mind sometimes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The PP sucks, the shootout choices suck, Crawford's 5-hole sucks

But Crawford on the whole is good, the PK is unbelievable, and Saad couldn't have bought a goal tonight.

It was a game of a few inches, and the Hawks came up just short.

Worried about Bolland injury effecting our PK

After Frolik/Kruger he was 3rd in TOI for forwards (I believe) on PK

Nothingman*

Our golden chance was the 4-3 PP in OT that we ****ed the monkey on. Not a shot on goal and just collapse on the net....but don.t shoot until every body on the ice is between you and the net. Kompon is a ****ing genius.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Ah, look.. Q costs them another shootout.

Sharp is now 4-for-27 over the past 3 years. 4-for-27. Quenneville: Wake. The. ****. Up.

Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa had outstanding games, yet they sit while Sharp - who had a bad game AND is awful in the shootout - goes up 3rd.

SMH x 10000000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad