Post-Game Talk: Hawks fall to Nucks 2-1 in Shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
The PK was great. Same for Crawford and Saad. They're trying to be too cute again on the PP. Get someone in front of the net and shoot

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Canuck fan here to say that was a boring game. Thought we lost for sure when we went to SO. As I said on Twitter, Saad was the only one to show up tonight.

Recoil

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
Ah, look.. Q costs them another shootout.

Sharp is now 4-for-27 over the past 3 years. 4-for-27. Quenneville: Wake. The. ****. Up.

Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa had outstanding games, yet they sit while Sharp - who had a bad game AND is awful in the shootout - goes up 3rd.

SMH x 10000000.

Sigh......this.

We are a pretty bad shootout team, but it's mostly because Sharp sees the shootout so much. I simply don't get it. There have to be about 3-4 other people on this team who could get you a better chance to get shootout goals than him.

Aside from that silliness, I thought we played very well in the 2nd and 3rd, and our PKilling has been beastly. The silver lining here is that to play well in the playoffs, you need a solid PK (while not using your top liners) and shootouts don't happen.

Also, poor Saad. He played so well and had so many solid chances for points tonight. Just seems to be snake-bit. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

Recoil

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
Canuck fan here to say that was a boring game. Thought we lost for sure when we went to SO. As I said on Twitter, Saad was the only one to show up tonight.

The kid has been playing really well, he just can't seem to catch a break. With the effort he's putting in, and his ability, I think it will come soon though, thanks!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
eventhough the Hawks are winning/getting points, I do have to say this.

Unless we get some more muscle, we are going to get crushed in the playoffs. We simply have no hitters outside of Bickell and Seabrook. It seemed as if the team didnt want to throw many hits for fear of ryling up the Nucks. We didnt get destroyed out there tonight, but the physical play was wayyyyy one sided and even Carcillo likely isnt enough to change our team. Mayers , Carcillo, and Bollig all cant play at the same time, but none of them are really wrecking balls either outside of carbomb..we need some more toughness, and depending on Bollands status, that should be Bowmans main objective at the deadline, a physical power winger THAT HITS and a top faceoff man like Konopka.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Do you guys think it wasn't as exciting because of how crucial points are, so all players were being really careful?

Crows*

Good game. Really lack luster though, for a hawks nucks game. Please destroy the flames tomorrow

Nothingman*

Unless we get some more muscle, we are going to get crushed in the playoffs. We simply have no hitters outside of Bickell and Seabrook. It seemed as if the team didnt want to throw many hits for fear of ryling up the Nucks. We didnt get destroyed out there tonight, but the physical play was wayyyyy one sided and even Carcillo likely isnt enough to change our team. Mayers , Carcillo, and Bollig all cant play at the same time, but none of them are really wrecking balls either outside of carbomb..we need some more toughness, and depending on Bollands status, that should be Bowmans main objective at the deadline, a physical power winger THAT HITS and a top faceoff man like Konopka.

The way Sharp has played early in the season I would say trade him for one :)

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
That was a really boring game. Who else expected that type of energy or lack there of?

Agreed. Thought there would have been a lot more hits and scrums. Maybe even a fight. Plus once the Nucks got the lead, they seemed content with the Hawks controlling the puck since they weren't doing anything with it. Aside from a few players, the Hawks were pretty sloppy overall.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

The absolute last thing I'd want is a bum like Konopka to win faceoffs. If Chicago needs faceoff help, and they do, they should get someone who can make a larger impact.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
**** Q. Guy is a clown when it comes to shootouts. I get that Hossa has struggled, too, but there is no way you put Leddy and Sharp out there over Hossa, Frolik, and Saad. It's Pejorative Slured to do any alternative.

However, tough to see Bolly in a bad way and for them to not cash in and not let it get to the point of a shootout.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hossa should have gone, and why does Frolik not get a look ever, he buried that SO goal against Schneider 2 years ago.

Frolik has one more in the shootout. I like Frolik as much as anyone, but he shouldn't be going up and neither should Stalberg. Frolik's only move his backhand-forehand and Stalberg's only move his forehand-backhand. It's too predictable.

From now on, it should be:

Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad and if it goes any further they should just go with who's hot/had a good game.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Ah, look.. Q costs them another shootout.

Sharp is now 4-for-27 over the past 3 years. 4-for-27. Quenneville: Wake. The. ****. Up.

Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa had outstanding games, yet they sit while Sharp - who had a bad game AND is awful in the shootout - goes up 3rd.

SMH x 10000000.

The entire team is awful after Kane & Toews. No good options really. Yes it's time to give some other guys chances, though.

Kane sucked basically all night & got a goal so I'm sure people will say he had a good game.

Team ha golden opportunity with minute+ of 4-on-3 (which is significant edge over 5-on-4) and I don't even think they got a shot through to Luongo. That's sad and pathetic right there. Too much indecision on the PP from this group. Start firing pucks at the net.

Crows*

@sportsnetmurph: Kane on Luongo "I think he's a great competitor and to be honest with you I'm glad he's doing well because he seems like a really good guy"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad