Post-Game Talk: Hawks fall to Nucks 2-1 in Shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
tracey-jordan-nope.gif

you would just think he goes with Sharp at center...you would think that was common sense.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
So Shaw is the new Kruger.

"gee, this guy is clearly not s third line center. I know, let's try him as a second line center!"

Hey, man.. Did you see that pass he made to Kane? Clearly, they have insane chemistry that can not be denied.. Like, I don't even know how anyone could not want to see Shaw between Sharp and Kane. Not to mention, guy, he has 2 points in his last 2 games.. HE'S ON FIRE!!!11!!11!1!1

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
you would just think he goes with Sharp at center...you would think that was common sense.

Indeed.

Unfortunately Q is just as stubborn at keeping Sharp away from playing second line center as he is on putting Sharp in as the third shooter.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

I would've disagreed in the past, since Sharp is more productive at wing than center.

But to this point this season, he hasn't exactly proven me right, so I'm up for trying a move back to center. Think that might be spark to get him going.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
thought this would be an entirely different game, akin to the usual hawks - canucks mess if we had gone in with the mindset to exact revenge on Keith

Glad we didn't

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Saad is sick, the guy has great talent.

BTW this game did not feel like a chicago/canucks game at all. Not even one dive or cheap shot, wtf! :D

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Saad is sick, the guy has great talent.

BTW this game did not feel like a chicago/canucks game at all. Not even one dive or cheap shot, wtf! :D

Haha. Agreed. Also didn't feel like a Van/Chi game because it was so damn boring... these teams usually produce great hockey. Definitely didn't tonight.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
2 out of 4 points isn't .500?

What a stupid thing to say...

When someone says a team is .500, it implies winning percentage, not points percentage.

I guess if Chicago went 0-0-82 on the season they'd be a .500 club, eh? That's what's stupid.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I just watched Saad's AM skate vid. Like, damn.. why is he not being rewarded? He's play so damn well.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It felt like Jackets vs Islanders honestly

Couldn't agree more. Felt like both teams have never had a rivalry with each other. I thought the first period was fairly entertaining, then it went straight downhill from there. Definitely not the type of game I was expecting.

One thing Hawks and Canucks fans have in common? We both hate our coaches (or starting to). AV makes the Canucks defend a 1-0 for 40 minutes, my oh my. :shakehead

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
When someone says a team is .500, it implies winning percentage, not points percentage.

I guess if Chicago went 0-0-82 on the season they'd be a .500 club, eh? That's what's stupid.

Yeah, they would be. But we'd like to be better than .500, no? Were not talking about the whole season, but only a few games, no?

Winning percentage means nothing in hockey to me. Most were fine with 6 points on this trip. I want 8. But I'm fine with 2 of 4 at this point, as I feel these were 2 of the tougher games. Win tomorrow and all is well.

And no, winning percentage is NOT implied in a POINTS game. I only look at point percentage.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah, they would be. But we'd like to be better than .500, no? Were not talking about the whole season, but only a few games, no?

Winning percentage means nothing in hockey to me. Most were fine with 6 points on this trip. I want 8. But I'm fine with 2 of 4 at this point, as I feel these were 2 of the tougher games. Win tomorrow and all is well.

And no, winning percentage is NOT implied in a POINTS game. I only look at point percentage.

What are you talking about? The poster I responded to said the Hawks are .500 on the road trip. When someone says a team is .500, it implies wins vs. losses, not points taken vs. points available. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

I get what you're saying, the Hawks have collected half the amount of points available to them thus far.. but when someone says a team is .500, it's generally used to refer to wins, not points.

Does it not sound weird to you to say that a team is .500 without winning a game? It should.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What are you talking about? The poster I responded to said the Hawks are .500 on the road trip. When someone says a team is .500, it implies wins vs. losses, not points taken vs. points available. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

I get what you're saying, the Hawks have collected half the amount of points available to them thus far.. but when someone says a team is .500, it's generally used to refer to wins, not points.

Does it not sound weird to you to say that a team is .500 without winning a game? It should.
Hey, to each his own. To me, .500 in hockey is points. To me, it sounds like you're assuming he implies other wise. And assuming makes an ass of you.....

And me, of course.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
thought this would be an entirely different game, akin to the usual hawks - canucks mess if we had gone in with the mindset to exact revenge on Keith

Glad we didn't

Haha. Agreed. Also didn't feel like a Van/Chi game because it was so damn boring... these teams usually produce great hockey. Definitely didn't tonight.

The rivalry is fading....

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
The rivalry is fading....

I feel every game is important in this shortened season... If it was 82 games I would be all for it

Keith really damaged our playoff hopes at the end of the regular season

Azilis

Jan 20, 2013
Rochelle, IL
Arguing about winning % is kind of meaningless given that that's not how the standings are determined, but since the discussion is already going . . . In a league with points used to determine the standings, it's accurate enough to use points-earned out of points-available, because it's a decent gauge of how the standings are affected. When people use "winning %" in conversation, that's usually what they're going for. Games-won out of total-games would be inaccurate, because it doesn't take into account those extra points that accumulate from shootout losses.

As for the game, the PK is still great, while the PP is looking pretty bad again. The game itself was pretty lacklustre, which seems strange for these these two teams. And in shootouts with this team, if Toews and Kane both miss, we're almost always in trouble. Seems like you have to start trying less-tested guys like Saad because none of the other top players (Sharp, Bolland, Hossa) is any good in shootouts. I'd go with Hossa over Sharp every time, though, so I'm not quite sure what Q is thinking.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Agreed. Thought there would have been a lot more hits and scrums. Maybe even a fight. Plus once the Nucks got the lead, they seemed content with the Hawks controlling the puck since they weren't doing anything with it. Aside from a few players, the Hawks were pretty sloppy overall.

Part of Alain Vigneault's sit back, kill your momentum and do nothing system.

A brilliant system that has already cost us 3 or 4 two goal leads this season.

You guys could have easily taken the lead late if it wasn't for Luongo, I think you guys carried the play for the most part and deserved the win a bit more, although it came down to the skills competition and your coach guessed wrong (Dw, our coach does it all the time)

Anyways, Want to trade coaches?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
This game is definitely a game of inches. Keith's blast hitting the cross bar twice reminds me of Stalbergs (who hit all three) last season. Who was the other guy who hit the cross bar, Saad? Man that kid can't catch a break.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison

We haven't lost a game on this trip in an actual sense. If these were playoff games, who knows how they would have gone. 2 out of 4 points, when applied to hockey is .500.

A 12-12-12 record would be .500.

The reason that it feels like less than .500 is that we had the opportunity to take all 4 of the points. Certainly should have gotten the extra point against Minny as we outplayed them by a good amount.

A win tonight probably turns these frowns upside down.

ZosimovsCorpse

Aug 22, 2011
I have no idea what Q is thinking having Leddy be the third shooter last night. Also, I thought Luongo played really well, as did Crawford. Kane had a bit of a rough game, and Sharp was absolutely horrible. Saad and Kruger were both really good again.

Thought it was a pretty boring game overall. 2 out of 4 points to start the road trip isn't bad. Hope they come out and roll Calgary tonight.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Absolutely horrible decision to have Leddy in the SO .... and Kane needs to take the SO more seriously. Crawling in and stickhandling on the spot is not going to fool many NHL goaltenders. Pathetic effort by all 3 shooters actually.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad