Value of: Hart, Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim, Laughton, Couturier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So like Eichel... But not nearly as a good a return due to age. You have to assume he's 100% healthy in any trade involving him because no team would consider trading for him if he's not

No not like Eichel at all. For starters Eichel didn't miss 18 months of hockey. Eichel also wasn't 30 years old when he missed his time and isn't signed until he's 38 either. Eichel is also a significantly better player.

Couturier is like Landeskog essentially. And yes, both guys value today would be pure cap dump, negative value assets.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Not sure on hes value but send Hart to Montreal
Most Mtl fans are happy with Montambeault and are willing to ride Allen for 2 more years as Primeau looks like a carrer ahler.
Both teams are bad trading partners at this point.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Most Mtl fans are happy with Montambeault and are willing to ride Allen for 2 more years as Primeau looks like a carrer ahler.
Hart would be cool but I think Monty and Allen will be fine for the next few years while The Habs are building....

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’d be all over some sort of basis of RNH for TK
If you are actually an Oiler fan, you know that RNH isn't going to be traded.

The Oilers are interested in Travis Sanheim though. Both teams are basically capped out, so how about something like this:

To Edmonton:

Sanheim (6.25M)

To Philly
Philip Broberg (863K, RFA)
Cody Ceci (3.25M X 2 years, then UFA))
Kailer Yamamoto (3.1M X 1 yr, then RFA)

Broberg is coming along slowly - he shows NHL talent for sure, but he needs to bulk up a bit over the summer, and we don't have time to wait for him to develop, we need to fill the blueline hole and get moving towards contender status.

Ceci is a good 4/5 guy at a fair deal. I would love to keep him as our 3rd pair RD, but with cap issues, we need to cut some salary to bring in Sanheim.

Yamamoto - middle sixer, coming off of a bad year, but he scored 20 a year ago, and he has always played good, smart, tenacious hockey, despite being so undersized.

If the Oilers need to add another futures piece, we can probably do that, but Broberg is going to be good in a year or two, there is a lot of value with him.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ledge And Dairy

No not like Eichel at all. For starters Eichel didn't miss 18 months of hockey. Eichel also wasn't 30 years old when he missed his time and isn't signed until he's 38 either. Eichel is also a significantly better player.

Couturier is like Landeskog essentially. And yes, both guys value today would be pure cap dump, negative value assets.
Eichel missed 12 months so it's really not that big of a difference IMO

That's only true if the team is forced to trade either of them. If Philly does not need to trade Couts they aren't going to pay to trade him. However if a team wants Couts (ie Colorado trying to fill their massive hole at 2C) then he would absolutely return some sort of positive value, most likely with performance conditions attached to it

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Hart would be cool but I think Monty and Allen will be fine for the next few years while The Habs are building....
Would be more than cool.
At some point Mtl would have to invest in a goalie. Late picks rarely make it.
A goalie picked early this year would still be 3-4 yrs away.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

The Oilers are interested in Travis Sanheim though. Both teams are basically capped out, so how about something like this:

To Edmonton:

Sanheim (6.25M)

To Philly

Broberg is coming along slowly - he shows NHL talent for sure, but he needs to bulk up a bit over the summer, and we don't have time to wait for him to develop, we need to fill the blueline hole and get moving towards contender status.

Ceci is a good 4/5 guy at a fair deal. I would love to keep him as our 3rd pair RD, but with cap issues, we need to cut some salary to bring in Sanheim.

Yamamoto - middle sixer, coming off of a bad year, but he scored 20 a year ago, and he has always played good, smart, tenacious hockey, despite being so undersized.

If the Oilers need to add another futures piece, we can probably do that, but Broberg is going to be good in a year or two, there is a lot of value with him.

This is probably more than Sanheim's worth. I like Yamamoto as a player but the Flyers are pretty stuffed at RW (and literally nowhere else) even if they trade Konecny. Broberg is cool.

Exactly. That doesn't mean he'll be valueless forever--if he comes back and stays healthy and plays well, sure, he'll be worth something again. Right now he's a big fat question mark with a big long contract, and no one wants that.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers clearly need picks. This is not the Blackhawks who are rebuilding and want picks. The Flyers NEED them. They are terrible AND have no picks.

Laughton is a no brainer. He is cheap and signed for sometime, coming off a great year where I think he showed a lot of value.

Hart has value, just not sure what. Not sure he, Sanheim, or TK get moved. I think Hayes would be nice to move.

I think Provorov is done here. I see him doing VERY well in a place like LA. He can be a standout again. He just isn’t a 1, he’s a 2. That should still be a first and a good prospect, maybe a 2nd.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
most ? lol all Habs fans know we need a #1 goalie riding Monty and Allen this year is fine but thats still not helping our need for our future goalie

throwing late picks at goalies at the draft and having to wait 4/5 years aint the answer neither specially since chances are they wont even be a #1

Hart is great even if hes numbers dont really show right now because of hes team and he would fit our core perfectly

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The Flyers clearly need picks. This is not the Blackhawks who are rebuilding and want picks. The Flyers NEED them. They are terrible AND have no picks.

Laughton is a no brainer. He is cheap and signed for sometime, coming off a great year where I think he showed a lot of value.

Hart has value, just not sure what. Not sure he, Sanheim, or TK get moved. I think Hayes would be nice to move.

I think Provorov is done here. I see him doing VERY well in a place like LA. He can be a standout again. He just isn’t a 1, he’s a 2. That should still be a first and a good prospect, maybe a 2nd.
No picks? They dont have their next 2 second rounders, thats it.
They have extra 1st, extra 3rd, extra 4th

you probably mean they dont have enough prospects bc they traded many past picks for players which turned out to be mistakes.
but they are ranked around 10th in most prospect pool rankings. Fedotov is a blow. Ersson, Andrae, Foerster, Desnoyers, Gauthier, Attard, Brink, the 7th oa pick this year are a nice group.

Six players 24 and under are already on line up.
They should start next year with only three 30 yrs old + players: Deslauriers (fine in his role), Couturier and Hayes.

Thats way less than Chicago you mentioned who will dress at least 7 of them. And pretty much nothing 24 and under on roster besides Raddysh.Chicago has 11 extra picks next 3 drafts but all late picks from Tampa-Tor-NYR, Dal, Ott. They might end up empty-handed.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
most ? lol all Habs fans know we need a #1 goalie riding Monty and Allen this year is fine but thats still not helping our need for our future goalie

throwing late picks at goalies at the draft and having to wait 4/5 years aint the answer neither specially since chances are they wont even be a #1

Hart is great even if hes numbers dont really show right now because of hes team and he would fit our core perfectly
Lol all you want.
I have yet to see a serious offer for Hart from that fanbase. Harris is not a need at ld and Fla’s pick is in the 30s.

Lets see your offer for Hart…

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
No picks? They dont have their next 2 second rounders, thats it.
They have extra 1st, extra 3rd, extra 4th

you probably mean they dont have enough prospects bc they traded many past picks for players which turned out to be mistakes.
but they are ranked around 10th in most prospect pool rankings. Fedotov is a blow. Ersson, Andrae, Foerster, Desnoyers, Gauthier, Attard, Brink, the 7th oa pick this year are a nice group.

Six players 24 and under are already on line up.
They should start next year with only three 30 yrs old + players: Deslauriers (fine in his role), Couturier and Hayes.

Thats way less than Chicago you mentioned who will dress at least 7 of them. And pretty much nothing 24 and under on roster besides Raddysh.Chicago has 11 extra picks next 3 drafts but all late picks from Tampa-Tor-NYR, Dal, Ott. They might end up empty-handed.
The Flyers failed to get an extra 1st in this high end draft. Decided their 1st out of covid was useless. Only could get a 2024, maybe a 2025 1st from Florida for Giroux while Chiarot returned a 2023 1st.

The Flyers have no 2nd in 2023 or 2024.

That’s how they stand while starting their rebuild somehow.

The Blackhawks has 3 1sts last year. 2 1sts and 4 2nds this year. I think they have multiple 1sts and 2nd following as well. That is way way way better than the Flyers. The flyers could have a 1st liner in Cutter and after this draft. But more likely top 6 players. I am hopeful though. The others are going to be really good middle 6.

They need a 1C, 1W, 1D, a 2/3D as well. That’s going to take a lot of high picks.

They need draft picks like crazy.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Lol all you want.
I have yet to see a serious offer for Hart from that fanbase. Harris is not a need at ld and Fla’s pick is in the 30s.

Lets see your offer for Hart…
all i want ? name one one Habs fan who doesnt think we need a #1 goalie......

Monty might be a late bloomer but has yet to prove hes a #1

Allen #2

Primeau sucks

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

To Edmonton:

Sanheim (6.25M)

To Philly

I like that, mostly because that Sanheim contract is negative value to me, but also think Broberg is solid mobile physical guy and Yamamoto is decent value

Reactions: JRichard

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The Flyers failed to get an extra 1st in this high end draft. Decided their 1st out of covid was useless. Only could get a 2024, maybe a 2025 1st from Florida for Giroux while Chiarot returned a 2023 1st.

The Flyers have no 2nd in 2023 or 2024.

That’s how they stand while starting their rebuild somehow.

The Blackhawks has 3 1sts last year. 2 1sts and 4 2nds this year. I think they have multiple 1sts and 2nd following as well. That is way way way better than the Flyers. The flyers could have a 1st liner in Cutter and after this draft. But more likely top 6 players. I am hopeful though. The others are going to be really good middle 6.

They need a 1C, 1W, 1D, a 2/3D as well. That’s going to take a lot of high picks.

They need draft picks like crazy.
Giroux trade turned out fine with Tippett scoring 27 and lets not forget Giroux forced a trade to the Panthers only.

yes Flyers do not have next 2 seconds as of today. My guess is that they will get them back in trades.

the Hawks extra firsts come from Tampa (2) and Toronto. We’re not talking great picks here.
Their seconds come from Tampa, dal, Nyr, ott all good teams

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
If they're starting next year with Hayes in the lineup, they've seriously bungled this offseason.
I’m not willing to pay or retain to get rid of him. I’ll keep the overpaid 40-50 pts player for 1 or 2 more seasons.

all i want ? name one one Habs fan who doesnt think we need a #1 goalie......

Monty might be a late bloomer but has yet to prove hes a #1

Allen #2

Primeau sucks
Still waiting on your offer.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Let’s go old-school big trade here:

Sabres get Konecny, Sanheim and Laughton.

Flyers get Buffalo 2023 1st (13th OA), one of Savoie or Ostlund, Buffalo 2024 2nd (becomes a 1st if the Sabres make the playoffs), Olofsson @ 50% and Bryson (latter two are for contract/roster spots). Sabres can add another lower end prospect or two if necessary.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Giroux trade turned out fine with Tippett scoring 27 and lets not forget Giroux forced a trade to the Panthers only.

yes Flyers do not have next 2 seconds as of today. My guess is that they will get them back in trades.

the Hawks extra firsts come from Tampa (2) and Toronto. We’re not talking great picks here.
Their seconds come from Tampa, dal, Nyr, ott all good teams

Tippett had a great year. Literally it was best case scenario for him. He will also be 25 next season for a team that looks to be at least 4-5 years away. They need picks and high ones in good drafts. To trade away your own 2nd and 3rd in a great draft year was terrible. Carolina may win the cup and has those picks from us which is almost like having another 1st.

Getting the 2nds back via trades is literally what I am saying……

Teams don’t trade to 10 picks. So you’re looking at what they got in mid to late 1sts. It’s what I want to Flyers to realistically target.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Let’s go old-school big trade here:

Sabres get Konecny, Sanheim and Laughton.

Flyers get Buffalo 2023 1st (13th OA), one of Savoie or Ostlund, Buffalo 2024 2nd (becomes a 1st if the Sabres make the playoffs), Olofsson @ 50% and Bryson (latter two are for contract/roster spots). Sabres can add another lower end prospect or two if necessary.
Nice offer. That gets my attention

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I love Konecny, when you throw in he is at 5.5 caphit for 2 years. He would be a great add to a contender. Price, 1st rd pick, top prospect, and top 6 roster or top 4 D player around similar age.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Tippett had a great year. Literally it was best case scenario for him. He will also be 25 next season for a team that looks to be at least 4-5 years away. They need picks and high ones in good drafts. To trade away your own 2nd and 3rd in a great draft year was terrible. Carolina may win the cup and has those picks from us which is almost like having another 1st.

Getting the 2nds back via trades is literally what I am saying……

Teams don’t trade to 10 picks. So you’re looking at what they got in mid to late 1sts. It’s what I want to Flyers to realistically target.
Way too early to rank the 2023 draft. Could be top-heavy only. Got to wait at least 5 years +.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad