Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
My Lines Next year:

Hudon-St Pierre-Andrighetto
Bozon-Leblanc-Collberg
Holland-Vail-Thomas
Tarnasky-Nattinen-Blunden

Tinordi-Pateryn
Beaulieu-Ellis
Thrower-Dietz
Of course some of these could be with the big club.

Next year Leblanc will either play with the habs or bust. I dont see him returning to Hamilton.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
I'm not surprised other teams are asking about Ghetto. The kid has been great down in Hamilton. He really has made the jump so quickly.

For what it's worth I think trading him would be a mistake. This habs team still needs skill and this kid has that. He is one of the few guys in our organization with top real top 6 potential.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
I've only seen a bit of LL since this call up but I think he deserves a real shot in the bigs.

His last stint was his best since that 1st year. He is getting really close....hopefully he can bulk up a bit.

BTW Beaulieu looked a bit lost at times last night vs CAR. I wonder where he ends up the year?

In many ways it would be a good test for guys like Ellis & Dietz to see if they can produce with the extra time while he is with the big club.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm not surprised other teams are asking about Ghetto. The kid has been great down in Hamilton. He really has made the jump so quickly.

For what it's worth I think trading him would be a mistake. This habs team still needs skill and this kid has that. He is one of the few guys in our organization with top real top 6 potential.

Never seen Ghetto play...but does project 50 point second line winger? Still concerned that he is small though

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Never seen Ghetto play...but does project 50 point second line winger? Still concerned that he is small though

You should watch him play....small like Plekanec...but feisty and strong. reminds me a lot of Pleks...but maybe more creative. Time will tell if he will progress as well as Pleks did.

Fast, good vision goes to the net and keeps plays simple. Still needs to get stronger and faster, and probably work on defense. I could see him being a part of a good 2nd line in the future....

I don't think his size will keep him out of the league...but he will have to stay feisty and get stronger

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You should watch him play....small like Plekanec...but feisty and strong. reminds me a lot of Pleks...but maybe more creative. Time will tell if he will progress as well as Pleks did.

Fast, good vision goes to the net and keeps plays simple. Still needs to get stronger and faster, and probably work on defense. I could see him being a part of a good 2nd line in the future....

I don't think his size will keep him out of the league...but he will have to stay feisty and get stronger

Good to hear of Plekanec comparsions. I don't have access to Hamilton Bulldog broadcasts so a little behind on talent there. Derek Willis use to be on 690 with scouting reports but lately he has not done so.

Would he be upgrade over a Thomas? Size is concern as our achilles heel at present and many small players in farm system, makes it look like we have our fill. Gallagher is here to stay, and Hudon will probably play here also because his hockey sense is so great. Lehkonen and Remay, maybe even Collberg also will be knocking on door soon.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Article from Bertrand Raymond, rds.ca

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/ça-sent-la-fin-pour-leblanc-1.837551

'Or, cinq ans après avoir été réclamé, Leblanc ne démontre toujours pas la progression souhaitée. Son contrat tire à sa fin. Il serait très étonnant qu'on lui en offre un autre. Sa prochaine destination sera probablement l'Europe.'

Translation: 'Five years after being drafted, he is not progressing as wished, it would be surprising if they offer him a new contract, his next destination is likely Europe.'

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Article from Bertrand Raymond, rds.ca

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/ça-sent-la-fin-pour-leblanc-1.837551

'Or, cinq ans après avoir été réclamé, Leblanc ne démontre toujours pas la progression souhaitée. Son contrat tire à sa fin. Il serait très étonnant qu'on lui en offre un autre. Sa prochaine destination sera probablement l'Europe.'

Translation: 'Five years after being drafted, he is not progressing as wished, it would be surprising if they offer him a new contract, his next destination is likely Europe.'

Stopped reading at Bertrand Raymond

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Some of you guys defend LL, like he's Sidney Crosby.

It's over people.....time to move on.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Over with Montreal.

You're basing yourself on what Bertrand Raymond said. Just the fact he said he would probably play in Europe next shows he can't even see that Leblanc still has a middle-6 NHL potential.

Also, he did show progression from last year and played well for us when up this year. He'll be fine. I strongly believe he'll be back next year, most probably part of the top13 forwards.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He is not Crosby but Habs can use a winger like him.

Leblanc an all-around player, which is good, but he doesn't have a single skill that stands out. He's not a great skater, I don't see top-6 offensive potential, he doesn't bring size or toughness. He does play with intensity and and is pretty good along the walls though. I'd play him instead of Bourque or Briere for that reason, but I don't see him as a long-term keeper.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Leblanc an all-around player, which is good, but he doesn't have a single skill that stands out. He's not a great skater, I don't see top-6 offensive potential, he doesn't bring size or toughness. He does play with intensity and and is pretty good along the walls though. I'd play him instead of Bourque or Briere for that reason, but I don't see him as a long-term keeper.

I see him as a middle six forward, like Bournival. One can be on the second line the other on the third. Leblanc has good intensity, board work and IQ.

He would be a cheap upgrade on Bourque,, Briere, Gionta.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
developing good role players is important for teams in the NHL, it can save a lot of money and help with competition for spots. I think Leblanc may still end up being a decent role player in the league, and maybe even with the habs....the big problem is that we are trying to get bigger & grittier up front.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I see him as a middle six forward, like Bournival. One can be on the second line the other on the third. Leblanc has good intensity, board work and IQ.

Cheap replacement. Doubt he's really an upgrade over any of these guys in terms of actual efficiency, but he can't be worse than Bourque at least and he might continue developing while playing in the NHL too.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Leblanc would not be an upgrade on Gionta. Nope.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009

Not only is he not an upgrade, he's also not nearly as good, which doesn't say much. I've been waiting for Leblanc to show me something that sets him apart from other AHLers, but he hasn't shown it yet. He doesn't have great skating ability, a good shot, higher than normal defensive awareness, decent size, nothing. I kind of wonder what they saw in him to begin with. If i recall correctly it might have had something to do with work rate and tenacity, but i haven't seen much of that to be honest.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009

Bournival is better, simply because he wants it that much more. He reminds me a bit of Alexandre Burrows, a guy who was never supposed to amount to much but just took his chance and ran with it.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Not only is he not an upgrade, he's also not nearly as good, which doesn't say much. I've been waiting for Leblanc to show me something that sets him apart from other AHLers, but he hasn't shown it yet. He doesn't have great skating ability, a good shot, higher than normal defensive awareness, decent size, nothing. I kind of wonder what they saw in him to begin with. If i recall correctly it might have had something to do with work rate and tenacity, but i haven't seen much of that to be honest.

Leblanc has good hockey sense, above average defensive awareness and is pretty beastly on the boards. I think he's looked pretty good in the NHL all things considered. I just think a lot of people don't appreciate the work gionta does for the team. He's infuriating to watch, but replace him with any other RW in our system and watch pleks get overrun. He can't handle those matchups on his own.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Gionta is awful this year. He is done.

Leblanc is playing well enough to warrant an extended call up. What he has is intelligence, and thus should improve with time.

The Habs should allow young players to learn on the big club. Think of it as an investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad