Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiCats

Nov 8, 2013
Mile End, Montreal
I would like for Collberg to come over, but at the same time we can't really have an AHL team of all younger guys.

As for Pateryn having to pass through waivers, it seems he does, so he'll likely be the guy to get the spot unless he plays poorly.

He's already signed his ELC with Mtl, so that would be a good indication he'll play in NA next season. It can slide a second year though.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's already signed his ELC with Mtl, so that would be a good indication he'll play in NA next season. It can slide a second year though.

No it can't. He's 20 next season it will count as an ELC year regardless of where he plays. It can only slide two years with an 18 year old.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Didier will bring a definite "Nasty Flavor" to the Bulldogs defence, as would Jake Chelios whose signing may coincide with Didier's, making a defence pairing with attitude. Bergevin's signing of LW Jack Nevins also shows the direction in which the Habs are heading. The inevitable influx of European prospects to Hamilton Bulldogs, means players like Nevins, Tarnasky, Fournier and possibly Quailer are also in the lineup to insure the well being of their smaller playmaking catalysts. Next season forwards Mike Blunden, Louis Leblanc and Joonas Naatinen will all have to clear waivers, make the Habs or be traded before losing them on the waiver wire.:shakehead

The promotion of Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu is likely but not necessary(do not have to clear waivers) after the summer, the Bulldogs need for tough customers like Crisp and the forwards above can insure their development as well as the likes of Andrighetto, Hudon, Collberg, etc. Dalton Thrower, Mac Bennett, Josiah Didier joining Deitz, Ellis and possibly( Jake Chelios & Matt Murphy) giving the Bulldogs a much tougher veneer than anytime in recent memory for a Habs farm team.

If Beaulieu, Pateryn and Tinordi don't all graduate to the Habs, then the competition for defence positions in Hamilton will have the most talented group in my memory of Habs farm teams since the 70's. This bodes well for the future of the Habs on defence and the coming class of prospects from Bergevin's Entry Draft's with the Habs (except Galchenyuk) Collberg, De la Rose, Lehkonen, Crisp etc. looks extremely promising for their forward futures too.:handclap:

The Hamilton Bulldogs lineup will reflect the work the new regime has done, by this time next season. The Bulldogs will boast a very well balanced team with talent, character, leadership, toughness and an ethic based on hard teamwork. A no nonsense group with a strong "No Excuses Edict" desire to win it all (Calder Cup, AHL Supremacy).:handclap:

Optimism is free, doesn't cost you a penny and pessimism can cost a person everything including a winning attitude.:(

Next year will be a really exciting year for Hamilton (I'll even go so far as to say the Habs too) and the year after that. Easily has to be the biggest and best influx of talent to our junior team since I've been paying attention to prospects.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Next year will be a really exciting year for Hamilton (I'll even go so far as to say the Habs too) and the year after that. Easily has to be the biggest and best influx of talent to our junior team since I've been paying attention to prospects.

Exactly, it seems the Habs organization forgot what made them the best team in the league for the 50's, 60's and 70's. Having a solid pipeline for development and top prospects to teach is paramount in making a Championship team, thank Bergevin for coming to Montreal and building the team from management and throughout the system. Finally the Habs progress can be measured the same as it once was in the past.:handclap:

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Didnt we say the same thing prior to the 12-13 season with the arrival of Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn? Team was awful.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Didnt we say the same thing prior to the 12-13 season with the arrival of Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn? Team was awful.

Hamilton had revamped the team, new coach, all rookie defence and few veterans. That combined with a shortened NHL season and strengthened AHL teams with NHL players were a lethal combination for the Bulldogs. They are exceeding most fans expectations this season and will most assuredly be stronger again next season.:handclap:

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Exactly !
Even this year, I was excited (much less than the year before) about Thomas, Andrighetto, Dietz, Nygren, Duffy (#1 in QC League).

I learn my lesson...

uncleherman77

Feb 2, 2012
Apparantly the lower bowl at copps is sold out for the Marlies Friday and they're opening the upper bowl for once

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Dustin Tokarski and Martin St-Pierre are the is the only reason the Bulldogs have 'improved' as much as they have.

It's the same team as last year, take away Bournival. This year they likely would not be last, but they wouldn't be fighting for first like they are, imo.

habitue*

Dustin Tokarski and Martin St-Pierre are the is the only reason the Bulldogs have 'improved' as much as they have.

It's the same team as last year, take away Bournival. This year they likely would not be last, but they wouldn't be fighting for first like they are, imo.

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Patteryn, Ellis did not improve ?

uncleherman77

Feb 2, 2012
I was going to that game but instead I got tickets for the habs game in Detroit. They are both going to be good though.

Lucky. Even though I'm not a huge Habs fan my dream game is to see them play at the Bell Centre someday, hard to get there from Hamilton though. Happy for Leblanc getting called up though

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Athough he's proven he can play against men in the SHL, i think this would be good move. It gives him a chance to learn the north american without much pressure, honing his offensive skill playing top line minutes. I seriously dont see how he could regress, i see him more or less dominate and head into Hamilton the next year full of confidence and if he does well, getting called up to the big club later on in the year.

He's looking like a surefire nhl'er and im sure he'll be fine regardless if he stays in Sweden or goes to the A but i think playing in Windsor will only benefit him.

Excuse me. Is DLR paid to play hockey in Sweden? Why would he then not ask to be paid to play in NA? The guy will not play in junior, as if. :shakehead He's a pro hockey player.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Most quality AHL teams are led by minor league veterans with some good prospects mixed in.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Excuse me. Is DLR paid to play hockey in Sweden? Why would he then not ask to be paid to play in NA? The guy will not play in junior, as if. :shakehead He's a pro hockey player.

He didn't even want to play in the SEL this season, he tried everything to play in the OHL but he had a contract in Sweden. Playing in the CHL is not out of the question, seems less likely though.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Exactly, it seems the Habs organization forgot what made them the best team in the league for the 50's, 60's and 70's. Having a solid pipeline for development and top prospects to teach is paramount in making a Championship team, thank Bergevin for coming to Montreal and building the team from management and throughout the system. Finally the Habs progress can be measured the same as it once was in the past.:handclap:

Wow...could not have said it better. The truth about building a winner starts on the farm. The NHL 3rd and 4th liners start playing hard game in and game out because they know there is someone knocking on the door down on the farm.
I really look forward to seeing a true cup contender year after year with the way the farm team is being built:handclap:

uncleherman77

Feb 2, 2012
Wow...could not have said it better. The truth about building a winner starts on the farm. The NHL 3rd and 4th liners start playing hard game in and game out because they know there is someone knocking on the door down on the farm.
I really look forward to seeing a true cup contender year after year with the way the farm team is being built:handclap:

From what I've seen you guys have good defense prospects coming up, but wow no one on the Dogs can score goals. I don't think I've seen more than two goals the last few games I've been too this year. Really hoping Leblanc does well in Montreal.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

wow is that a disingenuous post. They were all rookies for crying out loud. Gallagher didn't play the whole year. 4 out of these 7 prospects are looking to be legit NHL talents (Pateryn could be the 5th but we'll see). Holland and Ellis should get bigger roles next year.

Though the 12-13 class had (most likely) better high end talent, I think the talent at the low end of each respective class is higher with this one. Plus the new one will mostly be forwards and should have less time adjusting.

Collberg and DLR(possibly),Hudon, Bozon, Vail, Thrower, Crisp, Nevins, Bennett and possibly Didier. Dietz and Andrighetto will be better. And when I mean 'exciting' I mean more from a feeding talent to Montreal perspective and maybe not so much if Hamilton will be successful.

Then the year after that you'll have Lehkonen, Reway, McCarron, Fucale, Gregoire and possibly Collberg, DLR, Didier and MacMillan.

Hamilton is going to be stacked in a way that you can't possibly compare to the 12-13 situation. Come on. Even if TT's batting average of prospects making to the bigs takes a huge dip we'll still be having some very solid quality filling in the holes of our line up.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
He didn't even want to play in the SEL this season, he tried everything to play in the OHL but he had a contract in Sweden. Playing in the CHL is not out of the question, seems less likely though.

Thanks, did not know that. Pretty impressive DLR wanted OHL last year and not SEL.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks, did not know that. Pretty impressive DLR wanted OHL last year and not SEL.

This is true. Warren Rychel thought he had an agreement with his team to get his release to play in Windsor. Rychel was openly ticked when they decided last minute not to grant it.

We'll see if WR burned any bridges for next year. He backed down a bit though and stated they hope to see him next season. I think he'll be in Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad