Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHabsEra*

But somehow he never look horrible when playing in the NHL. He'll find his spot somewhere. If Mathieu Darche can get more than 100 NHL games, so can LL.

It remains to be seen, personally Ive no more faith in Louis Leblanc, he is at best average at everthing he does and I see no fire in his game, no grit, no jump, no passion.. He gives an extra effort when called up but dont expect more than what he shown with the Habs, thats his very best.. Honestly, if Habs management cares about Louis Leblancs future as a person, they will let him walk when the season ends so the kid can have a deep reflexion about his future, he is a smart kid, he should go back studying..

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
It remains to be seen, personally Ive no more faith in Louis Leblanc, he is at best average at everthing he does and I see no fire in his game, no grit, no jump, no passion.. He gives an extra effort when called up but dont expect more than what he shown with the Habs, thats his very best.. Honestly, if Habs management cares about Louis Leblancs future as a person, they will let him walk when the season ends so the kid can have a deep reflexion about his future, he is a smart kid, he should go back studying..

I think also its pretty much over with leblanc. Another asset lost because we didnt trade him when we could. Always the same here. if you think a prospect is done just trade him before the whole league knows it.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I think also its pretty much over with leblanc. Another asset lost because we didnt trade him when we could. Always the same here. if you think a prospect is done just trade him before the whole league knows it.

Quite the statement! Obviously you think the other teams have no idea of how Leblanc is developing and they can be easily swindled.

Don't think talent evaluation works quite that way... but then again, maybe you are ahead of your time.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Quite the statement! Obviously you think the other teams have no idea of how Leblanc is developing and they can be easily swindled.

Don't think talent evaluation works quite that way... but then again, maybe you are ahead of your time.

I don't know...

It's not like teams haven't been swindled before... Like I don't know... Our own team?

How about some of the trades Brian Burke has made? It really *does* make you wonder if some of us on HF could do a better job as GMs/Scouts than some of the so called pros.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria

It doesn't work that way, teams won't trade for a player unless they've got some understanding of the player, and Leblanc's value has been low for quite some time now. So even if management wanted to trade him the best we could have gotten is a third.

NewHabsEra*

It doesn't work that way, teams won't trade for a player unless they've got some understanding of the player, and Leblanc's value has been low for quite some time now. So even if management wanted to trade him the best we could have gotten is a third.

Indeed, unless you find a team that was pretty high on him on draft day and still believe in his potential..

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Problem is that if you trade him in 2010 or 2011, you have an uproar in your face from the moar français crowd.

PS: I'm french, so no languist hate here.

Martin Reway and Andrighetto seem like they'd have nasty chemistry together.

Would be fun to see, in the AHL. You can have to small guy in your line-up, but not in the same line. Andrighetto would be better with a bigger center and winger like Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, while Reway could benefit from Gallagher and a bigger winger like Bozon/McCarron/DeLaRose.

If only everyone could reach their potential from the last 2 drafts. We would have a lot of trading chips. :laugh:

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
But somehow he never look horrible when playing in the NHL. He'll find his spot somewhere. If Mathieu Darche can get more than 100 NHL games, so can LL.

So what? Who cares. Wasted first round pick, and a lot of guys called it here.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Leblanc never did seem to like hockey. Even in his draft year he played tier II, then went to a weak hockey program like Harvard. It was odd

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar

Well, there are sometimes scouts/hockey depts that liked a player from his draft, and would consider giving the player a "change of environment" opportunity on the basis of that. Leblanc hopefully still has that level of "interest" out there, at least. But that's likely down at the level of a trade for some other team's similarly struggling prospect.

Leblanc seems better in the NHL than the AHL the few times I've seen him. It's still not much. Just a "well, he seems like he can handle playing at this level" observation on him in the NHL, though. I would qualify him at $850,500 two-way, but also offer him $550k one-way. With real likelihood of waiving him out of camp on either deal. But also with the attached possibility that he could make the team. He does seem to do ok with the big team. I would hope to do well enough in my summer free agent pursuits that I didn't have a spot for him. But in the off chance that I did, or in the off chance he came to camp and was ready to win a spot, I'd like to see him get the chance. You invest a lot in a prospect at his level, and he has shown reasonably well in the NHL to date. I wouldn't want to give up too easily.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Like I said he didn't seem to be into hockey. First round pick...he can always go back and finish his education if hockey don't work out. The path he chose he lost a lot of prime development years

Getting access to the best University in the world whenever you want is something that is priceless.

Look at it any way you want, he still played in one of the best developmental leagues. A league that didn't stop Higgins from making the NHL, for example. The Ivy league is not the best in terms of hockey, I'll give you that, but his season was not a waste. He still trained, played hockey in a competitive level and was coached by a former NHLer.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Getting access to the best University in the world whenever you want is something that is priceless.

Look at it any way you want, he still played in one of the best developmental leagues. A league that didn't stop Higgins from making the NHL, for example. The Ivy league is not the best in terms of hockey, I'll give you that, but his season was not a waste. He still trained, played hockey in a competitive level and was coached by a former NHLer.

No, that wouldn't have done it. It's quite common for junior clubs to cut deals with top prospects giving them free education if hockey don't work out. My co-worker his son was projected 1st overall pick in '06 Q draft. He was going to university, which made him slide to Rimouski at 5th overall. To sign him the Oceanic signed a deal paying for his eduation up to 4 years of university at school of his choosing.

Leblanc has got bad advice, and made wrong decisions in his hockey career. He lost 2 years of crucial development

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Do you not get tuition for every year you play in the CHL if you decide to go to University? For example 4 years with a team in WHL qualifies for 4 years tuition if you decide on University.
I think it applies to every player in CHL.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012

How so?

He left and turned pro so he can't resume his hockey scholarship. I don't know the Leblanc's financial situation so can't comment on if they are exceedingly wealthy.

Unless i'm out to lunch, the only way he goes back to Harvard is if he pays for it, I think.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

You may be right. I never noticed it before but after you said Chris Higgins got me to thinking. Higgins is a lot better player with the Canucks than he showed with us. He spent a lot of time in weaker hockey program too. Higgins also lost large part of a season to injury similar to Leblanc.

Maybe, it takes these kind of players later in their career to mature than norm. Even thou Leblanc birth certificate says 23...he is actually 20 in his development. Where he spent so much time in weaker hockey program. Opposed to the norm. Say an Andrighetto, who left a weak program in Swit. Moved to Q to play in top league. Certainly aided his development made him a better player to date.

habitue*

You may be right. I never noticed it before but after you said Chris Higgins got me to thinking. Higgins is a lot better player with the Canucks than he showed with us. He spent a lot of time in weaker hockey program too. Higgins also lost large part of a season to injury similar to Leblanc.

Maybe, it takes these kind of players later in their career to mature than norm. Even thou Leblanc birth certificate says 23...he is actually 20 in his development. Where he spent so much time in weaker hockey program. Opposed to the norm. Say an Andrighetto, who left a weak program in Swit. Moved to Q to play in top league. Certainly aided his development made him a better player to date.

People forget here that Higgins had some maturity problems outside the ice in Montreal. Time is fixing things up.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
For those who watch Hamilton regularly...what's the deal with Greg Pateryn?

Just going over his stats....how does the guy go from scoring 6 TOTAL goals in 4 seasons in the CCHA to scoring 16 goals in his first 80 AHL games?

Does he have offensive abilities? Or just a canon of a shot? Do you see him as an NHLer? Seems to me that the Habs are going to have 3 young guys (Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn) seriously knocking on the door next season for at least part time NHL duty, if not full time.

habitue*

When was the time to trade him. ?

And who would want him ?

habitue*

For those who watch Hamilton regularly...what's the deal with Greg Pateryn?

Just going over his stats....how does the guy go from scoring 6 TOTAL goals in 4 seasons in the CCHA to scoring 16 goals in his first 80 AHL games?

Does he have offensive abilities? Or just a canon of a shot? Do you see him as an NHLer? Seems to me that the Habs are going to have 3 young guys (Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn) seriously knocking on the door next season for at least part time NHL duty, if not full time.

The guy has a right hand shot which might help him playing at NHL level on a bottom pairing.

Looking forward to see if Nygren will make the team next September.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
How so?

He left and turned pro so he can't resume his hockey scholarship. I don't know the Leblanc's financial situation so can't comment on if they are exceedingly wealthy.

Unless i'm out to lunch, the only way he goes back to Harvard is if he pays for it, I think.

I believe he has to pay if he goes back, but at the time of his decision, he had a scholarship at the best university in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad