Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
another goal and an assist for Pateryn.

Would he be good trade bait or do we want to keep him? Damn good stats for a D man especially one that wasn't supposed to have any offense.

Nygren's lighting it up too. I think Nygren should get a shot next year if, at the very least, to redeem his trade value. I don't know how good it looks to other teams that he doesn't want to play in a 'slummy' city.

I think Tinordi will be fine and be a great player for us. He still has tons of room to grow, physically and game wise.

If the rumors are true and we end up trading Markov, they'll both have a good chance to play on the team.

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Pateryn
Drewiske/Nygren

Looks really green and terrible :laugh:

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
If the rumors are true and we end up trading Markov, they'll both have a good chance to play on the team.

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Pateryn
Drewiske/Nygren

Looks really green and terrible :laugh:

Great potential but we'd probably going for McDavid, Eichel, Barzal and cie with that top6! :laugh:

Not that I would be against, considering the show we're having these days.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
another goal and an assist for Pateryn.

Would he be good trade bait or do we want to keep him? Damn good stats for a D man especially one that wasn't supposed to have any offense.

Nygren's lighting it up too. I think Nygren should get a shot next year if, at the very least, to redeem his trade value. I don't know how good it looks to other teams that he doesn't want to play in a 'slummy' city.

I think Tinordi will be fine and be a great player for us. He still has tons of room to grow, physically and game wise.

In his senior year with Michigan Wolverines playing with defence partner Mac Bennett, Pateryn did indeed show his ability to produce offence. While not having any outstanding ability he can play a very steady defensive game and when paired with a player like Bennett with above average skating he can provide offence. His skating still needs work but he can play solid defence as he has shown in his call-ups with the Habs.

Beaulieu and Tinordi have both benefitted from playing with Pateryn in Hamilton, Beaulieu last season and Tinordi in this season. He and Bennett were the best defence pairing in Michigan in his senior year IMO, and will be again at the end of this season and next in Hamilton if paired together once more.:nod:

Dec 2, 2010
Can't compare Ghetto with Gally. Brendan had to play against lockout-caused jacked AHL teams. Guys like Eberle were playing there. Both went off to good starts. Gally took multiple steps since then.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Bulldogs still have 41 games to play this season, they are just below the .500 mark presently and can be a playoff team. All may not be perfect, but they certainly have improved during their 2nd year under Marc Bergevin's system. Hopefully the fans will get a preview of things to come at season's end.

The influx of Bozon and Thrower from the WHL, will bring some much needed offence as well as some grit, in the form of the ever feisty Dalton Thrower. From the NCAA the overdue Mac Bennett (offence & grit) + Joshua Didier a stay-at-home Dman with an edge. The OHL grads are centers Connor Crisp and Brady Vail, both play a two-way game and Crisp can keep opponents from taking liberties with his Teammates. The QMJHL sends LW Charles Hudon (feisty & offensively gifted) with Jack Nevins a no nonsense LW/C that plays hard and with Crisp & Thrower, bring a serious message to opponents, do not mess with their teammates or pay the price.

Then From Europe with Love come the snipers; Collberg & Lehkonen small but very talented and PWF in the making Jacob De la Rose. I'm really looking forward to the new breed of Habs prospects, players that come to win no matter what the cost. The Bulldogs are beginning to resemble their namesakes, with these beauties, actually more like Pitbulls. The Marlies and Monsters will have a few more tough customers to deal with, besides Fournier, Courtnall, Tarnasky, Tinordi, Deitz, Ellis and Pateryn for the playoffs and next season. Hoorah!:handclap::handclap:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can't compare Ghetto with Gally. Brendan had to play against lockout-caused jacked AHL teams. Guys like Eberle were playing there. Both went off to good starts. Gally took multiple steps since then.

Gallagher's work ethic, persistence and drive are off the charts.

In terms of offensive talent, Andrighetto has been vision, playmaking, puckhandling, and better shot selection.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Gallagher's work ethic, persistence and drive are off the charts.

In terms of offensive talent, Andrighetto has been vision, playmaking, puckhandling, and better shot selection.

Both players are creative in their own ways and are noticeable every shift. Great players with plenty of character and passion for the game, coaches love them and the opposition hates them, Perfect IMHO.:handclap:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Any Hamilton followers have an update on Tinordi? Have his gap control, skating, and breakout been improving? Has he still been laying crushing hits and dropping the gloves? How's his work on the PK?

Does he look ready for fulltime next season?

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
The Bulldogs still have 41 games to play this season, they are just below the .500 mark presently and can be a playoff team. All may not be perfect, but they certainly have improved during their 2nd year under Marc Bergevin's system. Hopefully the fans will get a preview of things to come at season's end.

The influx of Bozon and Thrower from the WHL, will bring some much needed offence as well as some grit, in the form of the ever feisty Dalton Thrower. From the NCAA the overdue Mac Bennett (offence & grit) + Joshua Didier a stay-at-home Dman with an edge. The OHL grads are centers Connor Crisp and Brady Vail, both play a two-way game and Crisp can keep opponents from taking liberties with his Teammates. The QMJHL sends LW Charles Hudon (feisty & offensively gifted) with Jack Nevins a no nonsense LW/C that plays hard and with Crisp & Thrower, bring a serious message to opponents, do not mess with their teammates or pay the price.

Then From Europe with Love come the snipers; Collberg & Lehkonen small but very talented and PWF in the making Jacob De la Rose. I'm really looking forward to the new breed of Habs prospects, players that come to win no matter what the cost. The Bulldogs are beginning to resemble their namesakes, with these beauties, actually more like Pitbulls. The Marlies and Monsters will have a few more tough customers to deal with, besides Fournier, Courtnall, Tarnasky, Tinordi, Deitz, Ellis and Pateryn for the playoffs and next season. Hoorah!:handclap::handclap:

I have to say, I enjoy your posts. It's not that I always agree with them, but the enthusiasm for prospects and the occasional retro reference add something nice.

Analyzer*

Dogs are losing 4-3 to Binghamton after 2. They were down 3-0, but tied it up.

Andrighetto has another assist. Holland and Dietz have assists as well.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I have to say, I enjoy your posts. It's not that I always agree with them, but the enthusiasm for prospects and the occasional retro reference add something nice.

Thanks, the Habs & Bulldogs are like fine wines easy on the palates and heady when ready! :laugh::laugh: Tinordi should be a Hab, Connor Crisp will replace his presence, 6'3" - 230 lbs - PWF with pts. & PIMs to prove he's got it all. It's going to be Tinordi, McCarron or Crisp as the new leader in 3-5 yrs. with 20 Asst. Captains, the Habs having the character player market monopoly.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dogs with a character win, down 3-0, they came back and won 5-4 in OT. Tinordi assisted on the tying goal late in the 3rd and scored the winner with 30 seconds left in OT.

Analyzer*

Andrighetto with 2 assists.

Better be highlights. I want to see that goal!

GoHabsGo312711*

Andrighetto is the best prospect for Montreal since Galchenyuk.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
He seems to have a pretty complete game, my biggest concern for him is mobility.

I don't think his mobility is a large concern for the big club, Marty did not bring it up as a weakness.

Here's what Marty said about him...

-Going to be a shutdown type of dman. Very strong kid.

-If he wants to play at next level he will need to be physical, be a ***** to play against, keep the play simple.

- He's not going to be a pp guy, but he has a good shot. He tries to do too much at times. He's a good kid, takes care of his body."

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC

Please tell me more about Thrower. Like how often do you see him live? Why is he "feisty" Dalton Thrower? I ask because I get to see him every so often and I don't believe him to be feisty or that he will make much of an impact with the big club. Last time I saw him was in Kelowna Jan 4th and every time there was a dust up involving him he would flap his gums and skate away. There wasn't even much interest in the Rocket players to engage him. It was like he was injured and couldn't battle and all the Rockets knew it and respectfully didn't try to fight him. I was specifically looking for him to do something physical, anything, but there was nothing. He had plenty of opportunities to be a sherriff and he passed on every one.
I really like what I used to see and hear about him and used to believe him to be feisty but I am starting to doubt him.
Please tell me this was just one bad game or that he was somehow injured after Christmas and couldn't battle. And that there is still hope.

NewHabsEra*

Andrighetto is the best prospect for Montreal since Galchenyuk.

Both are wearing number 27 coincidence? :D

when I watch Andrighetto plays, Ive flashes of Perezhogin about 10 years ago wearing the Dogs jersey.. Deceptive speed, extremmely dynamic and skilled, good shot.. Definitely one of the most skilled prospects in the last few drafts.. Reway is skilled too but hasnt Andrighettos top end speed, I like Andrighettos upside and chances to reach the NHL better..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad