Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

I guess he's asking because in theory, Galchenyuk has to play in the OHL if he's not playing in the NHL, because of his age and the fact that he's been drafted out of the OHL.

Don't know the answer though.

As a conditioning stint, any player can be sent to the AHL for a few games. I think the max is 2 weeks.

The habs can't send him to Hamilton if they wanted him to play during the lock out.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Andrighetto threw the team on his back tonight. Amazing effort from him. He was so dynamic and looked great every time he stepped on the ice. His second assist was particularly nice one. He's now the Bulldogs leading goalscorer with 10, and the only Bulldog to have double digits under the "goal" column. The Bulldogs were the last team to have a player hit 10 goals. Every other team has at least two.

Thomas made his return and was invisible until Andrighetto took the game over. Finished with a goal and an assist. He's on three game goalscoring streak (3 goals, 2 asissts).

Sven Andrighetto's 4 Points:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Andrighetto probably didn't understand why Thomas got called up over him. He's clearly better at everything.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Andrighetto is better off in the AHL than on the Habs' 4th line...

I agree. Let him play the year in the AHL. No ifs, ands or buts.

He's doing great but also remember he's doing great in the AHL. Against other young rookies and goons. He would not be producing like this in he NHL.

This is a kid that needs to show he's head and shoulders above the competition in the AHL and that he is to good for the league. That will give him a better chance at being a good NHL player. He's not there yet.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Looking forward to seeing how Myles Harvey does in his PTO with Hamilton, if he can scrap like the Harvey boys I know then give him a pro contract. @ 6'5" - 225 lbs. he could be a real find if he knows how to throw down!:nod:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Can't see him getting the call, unless the team gets plenty of injuries up front.

It appears Sven is everything Colorado thought he would be, good on Bergevin for drafting him ahead of them, he might be a chip in the bigger overall trade with the Av's for Markov. McGinn, Seimens and a 1st could make that happen who knows. That could help fill a couple of the gaps in depth created by the Gainey/Gauthier regimes and speed up the eventual timeline for the Habs return to Glory!:nod: Elliot while older is more offensively creative, but Seimens is just plain mean.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
How is Pateryn playing? He's good or he's dominating?

He's solid defensively and is capable of offence, a good linemate for Tinordi this season. I can't wait for Bennett and Thrower to join the Bulldogs next year, along with Crisp, Nevins, Bozon and Vail. They are going to be tougher next season than this one by leaps and bounds, things are looking up in Habstown!:handclap: and Steeltown!

NewHabsEra*

Andrighetto probably didn't understand why Thomas got called up over him. He's clearly better at everything.

He isnt ready for the NHL yet, way too green, I say let him develop and dominate in the AHL, he will have the chance to play with more skilled guys next year, this year that Hamilton offense is a joke, the worst squad I ever seen up front.. Andrighetto reminds me alot of a smaller and younger Perezhogin at his first season in the AHL, he is flying out there on the ice, a beauty to watch.. Perezhogin was struggling a bit in the first half of his first Pro season but had a wonderful second half where he started to dominate with his blazzing speed and skills, too bad the stck swinging incident affected his carreer that much, he was a very promising kid for us.. Hopefully Andrighetto will succeed and become the solid top 6 NHLer perezhogin never became, it would be a fair return for the org.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Andrighetto is also the top scorer with 23 pts, Leblanc 2nd with 20pts, 9g & 11ast. Blunden is 3rd with 19pts. 8g & 11ast. and so it goes. Sven has played 6 less games than Louis Leblanc due to his injury. So his production has been the bright spot offensively for the Bulldogs, while the team as a whole work hard each game.

Hamilton fans can certainly look forward to a brighter future with the addition of some of the Hab offensive prospects coming next season. My hope is to see Collberg join Hudon, Bozon and Andrighetto as playmakers in Hamilton, with the likes of Nevins, Crisp and Fournier as wingmen that can dig the puck out of the corners for them to setup scoring plays.:nod:

The addition of Thrower and Bennett on the defence should allow the Bulldogs to play a bigger possession game, with their passing and skating skills. Deitz will be playing his 2nd year and his offensive acumen may start developing also.:nod:

Not to be forgotten is the play of veterans Ste.Pierre & Tarnasky, two players that can teach the young prospects the value of hard work.:handclap::handclap:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Pretty amazing when you consider he was our 6th pick from last year's draft. Kid looks speedy as all hell. Thank god he looks stocky enough too to survive the bigs. If DD can get past his size and skating issues it's hard to think Andrighetto can't be an effective NHLer but I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad