Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Pretty amazing when you consider he was our 6th pick from last year's draft. Kid looks speedy as all hell. Thank god he looks stocky enough too to survive the bigs. If DD can get past his size and skating issues it's hard to think Andrighetto can't be an effective NHLer but I guess we'll see.

The scouting in the QMJHL has improved, obviously it's been a few years of teams getting the jump on the Q players. Not Andrighetto though!:handclap:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Andrighetto threw the team on his back tonight. Amazing effort from him. He was so dynamic and looked great every time he stepped on the ice. His second assist was particularly nice one. He's now the Bulldogs leading goalscorer with 10, and the only Bulldog to have double digits under the "goal" column. The Bulldogs were the last team to have a player hit 10 goals. Every other team has at least two.

Thomas made his return and was invisible until Andrighetto took the game over. Finished with a goal and an assist. He's on three game goalscoring streak (3 goals, 2 asissts).

Sven Andrighetto's 4 Points:

thanks as always, That! The 2nd helper is a beaut. Love how he handles the puck and enters the zone on the first assist too. Goes in with a serious head of steam.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Andrighetto is also the top scorer with 23 pts, Leblanc 2nd with 20pts, 9g & 11ast. Blunden is 3rd with 19pts. 8g & 11ast. and so it goes. Sven has played 6 less games than Louis Leblanc due to his injury. So his production has been the bright spot offensively for the Bulldogs, while the team as a whole work hard each game.
:

Does Andrighetto look more offensive than Gallagher did last year? Both their first year pro

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Does Andrighetto look more offensive than Gallagher did last year? Both their first year pro

Yes he does. His eyes are very close together, and a little crosseyed, makes me cringe when I see a closeup. I think there were some banjo players in the 'Ghettos. :sarcasm:

Hard to compare an AHLer's season to the Calder runner up's campaign. Gally was on pace for 25+ goals last season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Question for those of you who watch the Bulldogs more regularly than I get a chance too...

How's Greg Pateryn looking?

See a callup for him any time soon, looking at those highlights, it looks like he's got a bomb from the point and can move the puck pretty well

I know in his short sting with the Habs last year, he didn't really stand out...has his game gotten any better?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yes he does. His eyes are very close together, and a little crosseyed, makes me cringe when I see a closeup. I think there were some banjo players in the 'Ghettos. :sarcasm:

Hard to compare an AHLer's season to the Calder runner up's campaign. Gally was on pace for 25+ goals last season.

Dah! I was talking about Gallaghar's half season in the AHL, under Lefebrve compared to Ghetto's?

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Question for those of you who watch the Bulldogs more regularly than I get a chance too...

How's Greg Pateryn looking?

See a callup for him any time soon, looking at those highlights, it looks like he's got a bomb from the point and can move the puck pretty well

I know in his short sting with the Habs last year, he didn't really stand out...has his game gotten any better?

I spoke with Marty Lapointe this morning about the top Hab prospects for THN's Future Watch. He's quite high on Pateryn.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Dah! I was talking about Gallaghar's half season in the AHL, under Lefebrve compared to Ghetto's?

You may have wanted to mention that. When people think of Gallagher last year...they don't think about Hamilton.

There are some comparables, but also some differences. Nobody works as hard as Gally...Andy needs to learn to be more consistent..bring his A game every night. When he does..he's special. Marty Lapointe saw him last night and of course was impressed.

Analyzer*

Habs need to re-sign St. Pierre and get another AHL veteran scorer for next year. Need to build confidence down in the AHL.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Anyone think that Ghetto will get a call up this year?

It would be nice for him to get a call-up, but not while we have both Briere and Gionta in the line-up.

It's great that he's had such a strong rookie pro season tho. He's the only prospect down there who projects to be a top 6 forward in the NHL.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The scouting in the QMJHL has improved, obviously it's been a few years of teams getting the jump on the Q players. Not Andrighetto though!:handclap:

The 'Q is still vastly underrated by a lot of teams. Detroit has been drafting a lot in this league the last few years, and you know a pool is underrated when the Wings draft there;)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Habs need to re-sign St. Pierre and get another AHL veteran scorer for next year. Need to build confidence down in the AHL.

I don't know about that, keep St-Pierre, but let the kids play. No need for another veteran stealing top minutes to Bozon, Ghetto, Hudon, Collberg, De la Rose, Vail, Nevins ,Fournier, Thomas or Leblanc.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Well, it IS the hamilton thread :nod:

Anyway, pretty thrilled with ghetto. Maybe those rumors about teams calling about him were true.

So if someone asks in the Habs thread how Tinordi's season was "last year"..we're to assume the poster is only referring to his time with the Habs, because it was asked in the Habs thread? :shakehead

Anyway....all those times Andre Tourigny swore to me that Andy was a future NHLer are looking good now...glad we got him before the Avalanche.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
So if someone asks in the Habs thread how Tinordi's season was "last year"..we're to assume the poster is only referring to his time with the Habs, because it was asked in the Habs thread? :shakehead

Anyway....all those times Andre Tourigny swore to me that Andy was a future NHLer are looking good now...glad we got him before the Avalanche.

Aye, as do all of us I'm sure.:handclap:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
another goal and an assist for Pateryn.

Would he be good trade bait or do we want to keep him? Damn good stats for a D man especially one that wasn't supposed to have any offense.

Nygren's lighting it up too. I think Nygren should get a shot next year if, at the very least, to redeem his trade value. I don't know how good it looks to other teams that he doesn't want to play in a 'slummy' city.

I think Tinordi will be fine and be a great player for us. He still has tons of room to grow, physically and game wise.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If we do in fact trade Markov and sign no free agents Nygren could potentially make the Habs out of camp next year. It's more likely we'll sign a crappy over the hill character player like Robidas though.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If we do in fact trade Markov and sign no free agents Nygren could potentially make the Habs out of camp next year. It's more likely we'll sign a crappy over the hill character player like Robidas though.

I like the idea of trading Markov and have Beaulieu and Nygren battle it out for top 4 minutes. It's a bit risky but I think they'll bring so much to our PP. As much as I think Maggie's departure from Hamilton was bs, his production in the SHL right now is too crazy to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad