Post-Game Talk: Habs win again 3-1 Rivalry my aching ***

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I seriously don't think it's totally a matter of attitude. They know that the Canadiens have them figured out and they know that they don't have a counter solution to it. The team is simply too slow to deal with Montreal, and some changes need to be made. Perhaps not a lot of changes, but some key ones. And that's not the kind of thing that Dougie Hamilton is going to say to the media; he's going to speak of the team as it is. And as it is, if most of you think it's just a matter of attitude, you need to dig your heads out of the sand. Sure, the attitude is pessimistic, but they have reason to be.

But they could actually change their attitude; having a piss poor attitude certainly won't help anything. I know changes need to be made, but until the changes are made the least they could do is try to do something about losing to the Habs, attitude and all. Moping and waiting for something to happen is incredibly counterproductive.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The good thing is Rask destroys all other goalies but maybe the King in that group... Holtby scares me as well.

Bruins are going to be a 7 or 8 seed, there is no moving up or down IMO.

8 pts out of third.. Only Florida could maybe catch them.

That will most likely be it unless they keep on their current point streak till the end or if Det/TB/Mtl falter. In that case, I hope they get the seeding in the Metro division so when/if we get out of round 2, there will be no more Habs around to play the spoilers like last year...

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The Habs are too fast for us! We'll never beat them in the playoffs! We're way too big and slow!

Hey, let's bring in Chris Neil!

Bruins biggest problem is not speed,it's attitude. They play almost emotionless with varying degrees of low intensity.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Steadily lose key components from the Cup team...Ference , Thornton, , Boychuck, Horton, Rex, Ryder, Peverly

Watch a few vets get injured and age in front of us,..Zee, Seidenburg

Have a couple of young talents regress this year- Hamilton, Smith

Don't develop/bring up new legs- Spooner, Koko, Morrow

Over-rely on previous stand-bys- Paille, Campbell

Play the " system" even when other teams have figured it out

Nailed it. And consider that these guys were to be counted on as the #1,2,3 dmen. One can see where the challenge lies moving forward.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
But they could actually change their attitude; having a piss poor attitude certainly won't help anything. I know changes need to be made, but until the changes are made the least they could do is try to do something about losing to the Habs, attitude and all. Moping and waiting for something to happen is incredibly counterproductive.

Basically, you want them to say what you want to hear, not what you know is the truth.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I still think we could be competitive with the Habs in the playoffs if we make some adjustments. Maybe it will be like the Vancouver series where we slowly got better and by game 7 the Bruins won easily. I still don't want to play them but the playoffs are different.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I still think we could be competitive with the Habs in the playoffs if we make some adjustments. Maybe it will be like the Vancouver series where we slowly got better and by game 7 the Bruins won easily. I still don't want to play them but the playoffs are different.

If adjustments means adding a couple of new players, then yes, quite possibly. If adjustments means tinkering with the lines, I'd almost say that you must be kidding.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
That will most likely be it unless they keep on their current point streak till the end or if Det/TB/Mtl falter. In that case, I hope they get the seeding in the Metro division so when/if we get out of round 2, there will be no more Habs around to play the spoilers like last year...

this Habs team isn't even that good. Just own us.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Nailed it. And consider that these guys were to be counted on as the #1,2,3 dmen. One can see where the challenge lies moving forward.

Well he if nailed it then Chiarelii should be fired soon as possible.Cause everything he stated is because of what Chiarelli has done.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I seriously don't think it's totally a matter of attitude. They know that the Canadiens have them figured out and they know that they don't have a counter solution to it. The team is simply too slow to deal with Montreal, and some changes need to be made. Perhaps not a lot of changes, but some key ones. And that's not the kind of thing that Dougie Hamilton is going to say to the media; he's going to speak of the team as it is. And as it is, if most of you think it's just a matter of attitude, you need to dig your heads out of the sand. Sure, the attitude is pessimistic, but they have reason to be.

Oh no, I certainly don't think it's as simplistic as a matter of attitude. I get what you're saying, I just don't think a player can allow himself to fall into this frame of mind. Easier said than done, I know. It also irks the fans. They don't care for ho-hum.

As far as why they can't beat the Habs, recently it's that the Habs have formulated the right game plan to counter what the Bruins do and the Bruins have not adjusted. The subsequent frustrations I believe stem from this.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
this Habs team isn't even that good. Just own us.

I really don't understand the "they're not that good" notion that keeps getting thrown around the board. They are good. I've seen them play. I've seen their record.

They certainly aren't good enough to be beating us the way they do and as frequently as they do. But, they're good. I really can't find any sort of reasoning for why they're "not that good".

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Here's a solution...

Quit playing hockey like a bunch of cream-puffs and start getting that nasty edge back. Someone should have done something early in this game to get some nasty in it, one time they would, now they just turn the other cheek, and it's not working.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I really don't understand the "they're not that good" notion that keeps getting thrown around the board. They are good. I've seen them play. I've seen their record.

They certainly aren't good enough to be beating us the way they do and as frequently as they do. But, they're good. I really can't find any sort of reasoning for why they're "not that good".

I agree,they are good but the Bruins seem capable of being competitive with EVERY other good team in the league .It is frustrating.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Well he if nailed it then Chiarelii should be fired soon as possible.Cause everything he stated is because of what Chiarelli has done.

I absolutely believe Chiarelli is responsible. However, he also did get a little bit unlucky with the injuries to Seids and Chara. It's impossible to plan for those in particular.

I don't know if he should be fired or not, but I don't have as much faith in him as I once did. His record post 2011 is not great.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Here's a solution...

Quit playing hockey like a bunch of cream-puffs and start getting that nasty edge back. Someone should have done something early in this game to get some nasty in it, one time they would, now they just turn the other cheek, and it's not working.

Lucic tried, got knocked on his own but making a big hit. Then Cunningham threw a big hit, Paille threw a big hit, Marchand threw a hit that Subban dove on for a PP. Aside from that we weren't very into it.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
So, lots of people saying the B's play "scared" or, maybe more accurately, tentative, against the habs for fear of being called for the smallest of infractions.

And yet it's not an issue of how the refs tend to call these games? How does that work exactly?

I'm not "blaming the refs." But it sure seems like it's become an issue if it's affecting the way the B's play.

For the record I thought the B's played fairly physical last night. Lots of players were hitting. They just fell short in every other area - including compete level and execution.

remer

Oct 18, 2005

You are still living in the past. The Bruins don't stand a chance in a playoff series with the Habs. Don't forget that Montreal has a good shot at winning the Cup and will load up with talent at the trade deadline.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

As is most obvious, if something is faster than you, you slow it down, this is the concept that the Bs used to, and should employ, hit them, go out there and make them pay, what they're doing currently is pointless, they look too scared to do anything because of MTL's counter attack, ill tell you now if they start hitting and hurting, MTL will soon be beatable, this is where I miss Ference/Boychuk the most, not Ference's ability with the puck or anything, but he brought the pain when he need to, he made the opposing team aware that they're gonna cop a hiding if they go near the puck, Boychuk did the same, we have none of that anymore, Looch to an extent but you can't expect him to do it all game.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
PC will sit around and watch the teams in the Bruins division get better, and then he will give Jay Pandolfo a ring and say "We need ya, bud"

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
As is most obvious, if something is faster than you, you slow it down, this is the concept that the Bs used to, and should employ, hit them, go out there and make them pay, what they're doing currently is pointless, they look too scared to do anything because of MTL's counter attack, ill tell you now if they start hitting and hurting, MTL will soon be beatable, this is where I miss Ference/Boychuk the most, not Ference's ability with the puck or anything, but he brought the pain when he need to, he made the opposing team aware that they're gonna cop a hiding if they go near the puck, Boychuk did the same, we have none of that anymore, Looch to an extent but you can't expect him to do it all game.

We had Boychuk last spring when we played the habs. Didn't seem to make much of a difference then.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You are still living in the past. The Bruins don't stand a chance in a playoff series with the Habs. Don't forget that Montreal has a good shot at winning the Cup and will load up with talent at the trade deadline.

Tampa Bay will too.That destroyed scabs in 2 meetings.Not even close .Carle be back too by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad