Post-Game Talk: Habs win again 3-1 Rivalry my aching ***

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Emelin runs around making questionable hits and never owns up to it. He is a dirty player.

Don't give me "b-b-but he has a metal plate and a punch can kill him" if that's the case a 100 mph slap shot to head can kill him too and perhaps shouldn't be playing hockey if that's the case

lol if Lucic has too much testosterone, then most of the habs have too much of that hormone that makes you cry. Whats it called again lol? "he sprayed water at me whaaaa!", "he threatened me in the hand shake whaaa!"etc. How does it go again? Squeeky lips get the nipple?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I get that the loss to Habs hurts because they are the Bruins arch rivals. However, to say this team isn't good is a ridiculous statement. I'll bet after Saturday's win over the Isles this place was pumping the Bruins tires.

There other teams in the league, not just the Habs. The Bruins have never really played the Habs well in the regular season, however, playoff series against them have been different.

Last year Bruins lost in 7 but how about the previous two times these clubs met in playoffs?

And yes, this year the Canadiens are the better team, deal with it. If the Bruins happen to draw the Habs in the playoffs they (Habs) will be an over whelming favorite, which may play into the Bruins hands.

And for those who think the Bruins won't make it to the post-season, I'm willing to put a pretty hefty wager they'll be there.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bet you'd love to have him on your team! :) Some say the same about Subban. Wouldn't he look good in Boston livery?

Personally, I wouldn't want either. I understand the sentiment but I've seen them win a cup, and personally I don't need to see them win another, if it's with players that I don't like and don't want to root for.

And before anyone chimes in with the contention that, I'd have liked them if they were drafted by the Bruins, I'll counter with the several Bruins who I never liked when they were here, first and foremost, Don Sweeney.

Hated him throughout his career here. Never a Linesman fan either. Some others as well, but most were not worthwhile enough to mention.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Maybe. I suspect that once you play for the habs your personality changes. Something to do with in house hormone therapy.
I remember how Kenny "The Rat" Linseman was reviled around Boston hockey circles. Then he got traded here and became one of the most popular players to wear a Bruins uni. Old "if he plays for them, he sucks. If he's one of us, he can do no wrong" syndrome. Human nature, I guess.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Harris from the Herald. :

It sure seems as though this matchup turned sour the Bruins a couple of years back, when two things happened: The Canadiens figured out they couldn’t engage the B’s physically, because when the passions heated up, as often happened, the B’s had the edge on the scoreboard and always in the fistfights.

And the B’s began talking about being more disciplined, about avoiding the angry rough stuff. Well, how’s that working out for you guys? It might not be a bad idea to bring a little old-time hockey back into this rivalry.

As Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli hunts for help in the trade market, maybe he ought to recognize that the sort of player the B’s lack is a Shawn Thornton-type — a guy who brings passion and toughness and maybe takes a little of the feistiness out of a Brandon Prost, Dale Weise or Brendan Gallagher. Maybe a guy like Ottawa’s Chris Neil, who may be available.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...2015/02/bruins_beat_time_to_get_tough_on_habs
Maybe you're on to something, but Chris Neil? That would be like using an antibiotic with an expiration date of January 1, 2012.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Maybe you're on to something, but Chris Neil? That would be like using an antibiotic with an expiration date of January 1, 2012.

The Habs are too fast for us! We'll never beat them in the playoffs! We're way too big and slow!

Hey, let's bring in Chris Neil!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins need a 4th line that likes to hit and cause mayhem. Forget scoring, just hit. Just a spark plug. Got to get under the hab's skin. The habs fold when you hit them. You can't expect this team to hit when they have no forwards that do that with the exception of Lucic. Kelly had the best hit of the night on Gonchar. Pasta's was more incidental than anything. Most Bruins showed passion, but didn't know what to do with it. Wish we could get a guy like Marcus Foligno for the 4th line.

PS liked how Weise declined Lucic's invitation. But Lucic should've insisted, made him turtle. Now the frustration just keep growing and the p/o isn't a place to unload. Thanks Chia & CJ for p***yfying this team.

Luckily, we'll have a brand new 4th line next year. Unless they sign Campbell and/or Paille back... :help:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Seeing Max Pacioretty dash after that pass and deposit it skilllfully behind Rask sadly reminds me of the ill fated 2007 draft and the B's pick at #7, Zack Hamill. I know it's crying over spilled milk. We often talk about Logan Couture, drafted just after Hamill. But Max went #23, while Kevin Shattenkirk went in the teens. David Perron went after Max. What a shame!

Serious question: was anyone believing that Rask would make a stop on that breakaway?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Prime example for those that blame Tuukka against Habs

Chara single handily cost us with his 2 mistakes .. They expose him and it's been happening for awhile now

Ie Kessel and other players avoid Chara ... Habs go right at him

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
“Obviously it’s been that way every time we’ve played them,” said Hamilton. “We just don’t seem to have their number. I don’t know. The matchup against them just isn’t good for us. That’s just the way it is, I guess.”

That's the spirit Dougie!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Prime example for those that blame Tuukka against Habs

Chara single handily cost us with his 2 mistakes .. They expose him and it's been happening for awhile now

Ie Kessel and other players avoid Chara ... Habs go right at him

Chicago wrote the book on exposing Chara... the more involved he is with the puck the worse it is for us... Dump it in his feet and put the body on him as well.

I don't think he is "this" bad however.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
“Obviously it’s been that way every time we’ve played them,†said Hamilton. “We just don’t seem to have their number. I don’t know. The matchup against them just isn’t good for us. That’s just the way it is, I guess.â€

Just the way it is... what the ****?!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
“Obviously it’s been that way every time we’ve played them,†said Hamilton. “We just don’t seem to have their number. I don’t know. The matchup against them just isn’t good for us. That’s just the way it is, I guess.â€

Dougie was spectacularly awful with the goalie out with about 10 bad passes and the Bruins never even got into the Habs zone for a last push to make it 2-2.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
This crap about the B's losing to Montreal because of their team speed is a pile of crap, sure Montreal is much quicker then Boston but so are teams like the NY Rangers, NYI, Tampa, Detroit, etc and we do fine against them, I would argue that all of those teams are quicker then the Habs, at the least NYR & the Isles. It just that when we play Montreal we are tentative, nervous while they play with a ton of confidence against us, Julien has to find a way to get our team to play like they do against those other speedy teams. I can live losing games to those guys but at the least we should make Price work for it, just about everybody else who plays Montreal tends to outchance them, why aren't we, watch some freaking film and figure this out.

While I agree that speed is an issue, I think people need to address this point as well. Ask yourselves, why is this the case? Yes, the lack of "balls to the wall" mentality is frustrating, but I think it stems from a lack of confidence in themselves and in the "system". Pasta is new, so that's why he doesn't look as beaten down out there like the other guys. Bergy, Krejci and Chara in particular are depressing to watch. I mean it's like Groundhog Day. It has to wear on you after a while, to go out there and put in the effort trying to do the same thing over and over again, and not get the results.

I think Julien is a fine coach, but he is just to stubborn against the Habs. He needs to tweak his approach. I am baffled as to why he hasn't. The Habs have taken the 2009 Carolina forecheck and the 2012 Washington collapse/block shots defensive strategy and perfected both tactics to tee against the Bruins. Furthermore, they have the speed, discipline and commitment to be able to pull it off. I don't know if Julien is too proud to adapt or what. :dunno:

IMO Charlie Jacobs should have called them all out for this, but that shot has been fired already and would be overkill at this point.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

Oh so you mean to say "It likely wouldn't hurt by simply trying [in a pinch]... has a reasonable chance of doing little to nothing, but AT LEAST an equal chance of having a positive effect. Small chance of a decidedly negative reaction."

Ok i'm just being a difficult smart-ass :naughty: :laugh:
Please ignore this, i'm snowed in and bored. :help:

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Chicago wrote the book on exposing Chara... the more involved he is with the puck the worse it is for us... Dump it in his feet and put the body on him as well.

I don't think he is "this" bad however.

Yep that and quick teams read the D to D pass behind the hit..

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oh so you mean to say "It likely wouldn't hurt by simply trying [in a pinch]... has a reasonable chance of doing little to nothing, but AT LEAST an equal chance of having a positive effect. Small chance of a decidedly negative reaction."

Ok i'm just being a difficult smart-ass :naughty: :laugh:
Please ignore this, i'm snowed in and bored. :help:

His cap hit is worse than Kelly or Campbell based on actual talent. Even if he brings a little toughness, he isn't worth it.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
this is how you kill any momentum.

Bruins have pressure in the Habs zone, get a face-off. Habs put on Plekanec Bruins counter with Campbell line. This happened way too much yesterday.

OVER-COACHING!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad