Post-Game Talk: Habs win again 3-1 Rivalry my aching ***

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I really don't understand the "they're not that good" notion that keeps getting thrown around the board. They are good. I've seen them play. I've seen their record.

They certainly aren't good enough to be beating us the way they do and as frequently as they do. But, they're good. I really can't find any sort of reasoning for why they're "not that good".

Dale Weise is on their first line. They have two good forwards in Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. Their defense is okay. Price is outstanding though.

I don't think their roster is that good and think both Tampa Bay and Detroit beat them in a series.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You are still living in the past. The Bruins don't stand a chance in a playoff series with the Habs. Don't forget that Montreal has a good shot at winning the Cup and will load up with talent at the trade deadline.

Did you think we had a chance against Montreal last year after winning the President's trophy ?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Dale Weise is on their first line. They have two good forwards in Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. Their defense is okay. Price is outstanding though.

I don't think their roster is that good and think both Tampa Bay and Detroit beat them in a series.

Dale Weise on 1st is more of a product of Sekac being left on 3rd and PAP being out.

Still, my team definitely has holes.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I thought about that earlier then remembered seguin did not dress in that series

And if I recall correctly the two wins were the last games we played against them

The big issue is price, the Bruins need to figure out how to score on him

You're right about Seguin not being dressed against Montréal.

They won the 4th, lost the 5th and won the 6th.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
They are so good at shutting us down. Julien and company need to get their heads together and find a solution.

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
Not sure if this has been posed, but I'm curious: who here would exchange our roster for Montreal's?

Players only, coaches/FO stays the same.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Not sure if this has been posed, but I'm curious: who here would exchange our roster for Montreal's?

Players only, coaches/FO stays the same.

Nope, no way in hell would I ever do it. If by some way it did, I'd stop rooting for them. Wouldn't root for the Habs either, just would move on to a new team.

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
Nope, no way in hell would I ever do it. If by some way it did, I'd stop rooting for them. Wouldn't root for the Habs either, just would move on to a new team.

Hahah fair enough, but if we're operating under the assumption you don't have any feelings of animosity for their roster? Straight-up hockey ability, if your only interest is to win a cup in the next 5 years; do you still have the same response?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I get a laugh out of people saying it could have been 4-1 because the Habs hit 3 posts. If we are counting posts, the Bruins would have easily won that playoff series last season. Can't have it both ways.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hahah fair enough, but if we're operating under the assumption you don't have any feelings of animosity for their roster? Straight-up hockey ability, if your only interest is to win a cup in the next 5 years; do you still have the same response?

Yes. I would keep the Bruin roster. Despite the way things looked last night and in the playoffs last year I still believe the core of this team: Bergeron ,Rask, Krejci,Lucic ,Chara and Marchand have a ton of heart and character. They will right the ship.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

As we all know from the Bruins winning the Cup in 2011, star power does not win Championships. Nor, in any way, is how a team looks on paper. Okay, maybe it's a little to do with how a team looks on paper. I've seen the team play and compete with basically everyone. Looking at a roster sheet does not nullify my real-life perception from seeing how they look on ice.

They play a great system and play to their strengths. Therrien is also, IMO, a very underrated coach. They also have maybe the most essential piece: Carey Price being a great goalie. Are they a lock to go far in the PO's? No. They may very well be ground down and their roster is not particularly deep (though they do have players that fit into their system well, even if they're not the biggest names).

If you were to ask me right now which team I think would go farther in this year's playoffs...I'd choose MTL.

Just my two cents.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I really don't understand the "they're not that good" notion that keeps getting thrown around the board. They are good. I've seen them play. I've seen their record.

They certainly aren't good enough to be beating us the way they do and as frequently as they do. But, they're good. I really can't find any sort of reasoning for why they're "not that good".

They dont score. They are top heavy . They are still better than us though.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They dont score. They are top heavy . They are still better than us though.

If they weren't #1 in the league in GA, I'd agree that the scoring was a bigger problem.

The fact that they play an offensive, quick game and are still preventing goals is a winning formula in my book.

I don't want it to be true. But, I feel like the "Habs are not good" remarks are more due to bitterness and envy rather than true evaluation. I'm sorry, but the lack of intensity and competitiveness present in the rivalry at the current moment has removed almost all bitterness I have toward that team. I do think they're a good team...definitely better built for a run than this team. Very sad, but true in my eyes.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Was EASILY our best defenseman in that series...

Chara-Boychuk
Seids-Hamilton
Krug-McQuaid.

That's the **** right there.

Never understood why we HAD to have Hamilton with Chara and thus Boychuk with Seids.

Why change what ain't broke?

Chara-Boychuk was solid for years.
Hamilton-Seids had been good as well.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Yes ,me too. The timing might be perfect though. The Bruins now know there is a lot of work to be done between now and the playoffs.

Was talking about this with someone at work today. If they could get a win tomorrow (if game still on) and then go out on the road and really come together after getting swept by MTL that would be huge to making a push in moving up out of the wildcard spot. Just so miserable losing to the Habs and then having to shovel a foot of snow

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Would have been nice to have 1 pp.

Also Chara looked just awful last night.

I get that MTL is a fast team. But, I'm convinced Chara looking bad is more on him slowing to like, 1/2 speed, than the Habs being fast. His skating isn't fast, his decision making isn't fast, his stick in the passing lanes and in front of the net isn't fast. His entire brain just slows to 1/2 speed.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I get that MTL is a fast team. But, I'm convinced Chara looking bad is more on him slowing to like, 1/2 speed, than the Habs being fast. His skating isn't fast, his decision making isn't fast, his stick in the passing lanes and in front of the net isn't fast. His entire brain just slows to 1/2 speed.

Yeah I'm with you. Well said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad