Post-Game Talk: Habs win again 3-1 Rivalry my aching ***

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Was talking about this with someone at work today. If they could get a win tomorrow (if game still on) and then go out on the road and really come together after getting swept by MTL that would be huge to making a push in moving up out of the wildcard spot. Just so miserable losing to the Habs and then having to shovel a foot of snow

Luckily I was off today but will have to face the Montreal fans tomorrow at work.:(

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I get that MTL is a fast team. But, I'm convinced Chara looking bad is more on him slowing to like, 1/2 speed, than the Habs being fast. His skating isn't fast, his decision making isn't fast, his stick in the passing lanes and in front of the net isn't fast. His entire brain just slows to 1/2 speed.

If they weren't #1 in the league in GA, I'd agree that the scoring was a bigger problem.

The fact that they play an offensive, quick game and are still preventing goals is a winning formula in my book.

I don't want it to be true. But, I feel like the "Habs are not good" remarks are more due to bitterness and envy rather than true evaluation. I'm sorry, but the lack of intensity and competitiveness present in the rivalry at the current moment has removed almost all bitterness I have toward that team. I do think they're a good team...definitely better built for a run than this team. Very sad, but true in my eyes.

Like reading your post's GrumpyJ You are right on.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Rask was pretty average this game and that is what you get. The Burins don't score enough and give up plenty of good opportunities. Their upswing the last month plus is mostly a product of Rask playing great, the team continues to be average.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rask was pretty average this game and that is what you get. The Burins don't score enough and give up plenty of good opportunities. Their upswing the last month plus is mostly a product of Rask playing great, the team continues to be average.

The first goal was a fluke resulting from poor/no defensive coverage and the second was a 2 on 0 breakaway. I think Rask was as perfect as we honestly could have hoped for, for once and finally vs the Habs. The rest of the team blew it.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
just curious: are the spokes going counter-clockwise or clockwise? my eyes default to counterclockwise, but if I try really hard, I can perceive clockwise, but only momentarily.

Lol it's going counter-clockwise but i hear ya on the momentary perception of a clockwise rotation.

I made up a name for that a long time ago (i have no idea the real term for it)... i call it "the propeller effect" because the same illusion happens when one faces a propeller or fan in motion, beyond a certain minimal rotating speed.

In this particular case though, i have to gaze at that avatar's spokes almost like a Magic Eye picture. Gave myself a damn headache :shakehead

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
The league is only gonna be getting tougher and tougher on teams that continue to play nasty/goonish type hockey. The times when players like Steavens concussed half the league are slowely but surely going away. Teams like the Bruins, Flyers, and Toronto will be forced to do what most of the rest of the league are trying to do. Concentrate on drafting big, skilled fast players as much as possible else be left behind.

Im all for this. How many talented players do we have to see sidelined and prematurely have their carreers ended because of goonish/nasty play. Im sure your team could use a Savard type player atm. In an erra where we are starting to notice just how terribly debilitating cuncussions can be on a player over the course of his carreer. It is only about xxxxing time the league stepped in and put a stop to it even if its clearly not moving fast enough yet.

Got nothing against thoughness like the kind that's within the rules but the dangerous hits that can hurt someone seriously, even those where the player has his head down needs to go.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The league is only gonna be getting tougher and tougher on teams that continue to play nasty/goonish type hockey. The times when players like Steavens concussed half the league are slowely but surely going away. Teams like the Bruins, Flyers, and Toronto will be forced to do what most of the rest of the league are trying to do. Concentrate on drafting big, skilled fast players as much as possible else be left behind.

Im all for this. How many talented players do we have to see sidelined and prematurely have their carreers ended because of goonish/nasty play. Im sure your team could use a Savard type player atm. In an erra where we are starting to notice just how terribly debilitating cuncussions can be on a player over the course of his carreer. It is only about xxxxing time the league stepped in and put a stop to it even if its clearly not moving fast enough yet.

Got nothing against thoughness like the kind that's within the rules but the dangerous hits that can hurt someone seriously, even those where the player has his head down needs to go.

When was the last time you saw a bruin injure someone? How about injure someone with an illegal hit?

What a terrible post. Epitomizes your fanbase though so I guess in a way it's not terrible

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

give me a break with the high and mighty posts. I seem to remember Tinordi giving Schmidt a head shot and Therein laughing it off like it was no big deal lobbying for no suspension. Habs are just as if not more dirty than most teams in the NHL.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

clearly your in such a vacuum that you haven`t realized how many Bruins have in fact been the recipients of the very "debilitating concussions"

What`s really offensive are Habs fans coming on here and trying to sell their BS

The Last Baron*

I lol'd at "cuncussions"

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

First off "goonish" is a word thats wrong.Boston had a big strong team .Not their fault teams like scabs build small puny teams for years that are built for one maybe 2 rounds.Fans of teams like Montreal are just upset cause they have not won in 22 years so they need excuses to justify it.And 2nd,The LA Kings won 2 Cups in 3 years and are defending champs built the exact same way.So take your sissy hockey and beat it.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
clearly your in such a vacuum that you haven`t realized how many Bruins have in fact been the recipients of the very "debilitating concussions"

What`s really offensive are Habs fans coming on here and trying to sell their BS

Exactly They been on wrong end of dirty shots more then most.This is clearly a person who does not like Boston stirring pot.The day habs get eliminated and they will ,I will be visiting their board with a pile of laughs infraction or not.Tired of them coming here poking.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

The "Bruins are dirty" notion has been so ridiculously oversold and campaigned around the boards by Hab fans. It's just so important that everyone perceive the Bruins as dirty. Just let it go dude.

As someone else said, name the last Bruins player that really truly injured someone with one of these "goonish" or "dirty" plays? Got anything? The last thing I can think of is Sami Salo and Brad Marchand. How many years ago was that?

It's incredible how ******** your entire fanbase still is about the 2009 or 2011 seasons. Somehow, even with you owning the Bruins this season, you just can't let it go and have to act like all of that was because the "league was letting the Bruins get away with everything".

**** off.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Who cares what the Bruins are labeled as? "Goonish", "Dirty", "Nasty", whatever. The Bruins play their best hockey when they're nasty, that's an absolute fact.

Plus, i'd rather be called all of those names above than "Soft", which is what the Bruins are now.

Also, don't give me the crap about how the league is changing and the speed of the game is going to increase, yada, yada, yada. Why does that mean that the Bruins need to change what made them successful?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Which is funny, because the last time Toronto made the playoffs, they had Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren flanking the 4th line winger position and the team was a hell of a lot better, why? Because the skilled guys grew an extra foot knowing they had those guys to back them.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

What? European hockey is for you then.

The truth is the NHL is under the control of people who are catering to the cup cake eaters of the world. People who are not hockey fans, people who will never let their kids play hockey, and people who think all plebes to be barbarians.

This will soon be the sixth or seventh most popular game in America if they continue down this road.

That said, when was the last time the Bruins hurt a guy with a hit, a fight, a brawl?

Krug almost lost a finger to a Parise slash which was never reviewed by the supplementary discipline crew. Total joke this new NHL. All designed to not get sewed. Pretty soon then will be no reason to sue the NHL as they will be broke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad