Player Discussion Sean Monahan

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Still seems more speculation that either side would be interested. The reason the Devils traded him was because he wants a long term deal which I'm not really interested in Toffoli in more than 2 years. In just over 10 days we will have a much better idea what the plan is for the next year
I would prefer Monahan to sign with us, I really enjoyed his time with us. He was a very good mentor, he's young and i see him as a kind of Perry , who could play for a long time, because he will fit on any line and accept to turn into a role player

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
For slow player he is excellent on the PK and manages to score 30 goals a season. No denying

He definitely has been. But at 32, the dropoff can come whenever. I just don't see why it's worth taking the risk on an older, slower guy who wasn't exactly fantastic in the playoffs. I think Arpon said he was looking for 4 years on his last podcast episode. That's yikes territory for me, and I do really like the guy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He definitely has been. But at 32, the dropoff can come whenever. I just don't see why it's worth taking the risk on an older, slower guy who wasn't exactly fantastic in the playoffs. I think Arpon said he was looking for 4 years on his last podcast episode. That's yikes territory for me, and I do really like the guy.
I agree totally on the term. 2 years I could accept as he is still very popular in that locker room

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's his last chance at a big contract, I can't see him (or his agent) settle for anything less than 4 years, with as much money as he can realistically get. Ideally on an already good team.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Only way I sign Toffoli if it's to trade him to Calgary for another first. Dude's too slow. Let LA bring their boy home.
Yeah, too slow to put 50 goals/season, only able to put 30. Habs don't need those limited scorers .

Talking of being slow, that childish signature about Joshua Roy in all your messages is largely overdue to be erased. Thank you to consider this

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Yeah, too slow to put 50 goals/season, only able to put 30. Habs don't need those limited scorers .

Talking of being slow, that childish signature about Joshua Roy in all your messages is largely overdue to be erased. Thank you to consider this

It's a reference to a TV show you absolute simpleton.

vZPgGG.jpg

Do not pass go, do not pro-create, don't even think about voting.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Monahan might sign in Boston

It seems like any center on the market gets linked to Boston. The bruins should be looking for a top line center though assuming they are not planning to tear it down yet.

Monahan would be a better fit on a team that already has that top line center. I think a place like Colorado would make sense, although I don't know their cap situation.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I don't know why Moneyhands would come back here when we are so far away from contending. We'll see next week I guess.
Habs aren't that far from contending for a playoff spot but probably a few years from having a chance to actually win a Cup. If he wants to win a Cup he would be smart to look elsewhere. No telling how long he can stay healthy.

Reactions: Habs13

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He is! But HuGo made it clear they want a fast team. It's why he was traded in the first place.
They traded all the vets they could get something good for, then kept some vets as leaders that they couldn't get much for, including slow guys like Savard and Monahan. They. Ould bring back Toffolli as a stop gap vet with leadership on a short term deal. But I think Toffoli wants a long term de as l and or to pkay with a contender. Same we with Monahan.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
They traded all the vets they could get something good for, then kept some vets as leaders that they couldn't get much for, including slow guys like Savard and Monahan. They. Ould bring back Toffolli as a stop gap vet with leadership on a short term deal. But I think Toffoli wants a long term de as l and or to pkay with a contender. Same we with Monahan.
I like Toffoli, was glad to have him on the team. I'm not against bringing him back, but at this point in time, I really don't think he's a fit. Suzuki and Dach aren't speedsters, neither is Caufield, neither if Slaf. Adding Toffoli to the top 6 would make us pretty slow!

I'd rather Monahan, C depth is much more important than W depth, and he's great on faceoffs. Plus, who knows how healthy Dach is going to be. Or how good/bad Dvorak will be.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Toffoli, was glad to have him on the team. I'm not against bringing him back, but at this point in time, I really don't think he's a fit. Suzuki and Dach aren't speedsters, neither is Caufield, neither if Slaf. Adding Toffoli to the top 6 would make us pretty slow!

I'd rather Monahan, C depth is much more important than W depth, and he's great on faceoffs. Plus, who knows how healthy Dach is going to be. Or how good/bad Dvorak will be.

I prefer Monahan too. But I'd take Toffoli if he wanted to come here on an inexpensive 2 year deal. But I think he'll go to a contender.

Roster spots open in bold:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Roy - Dach - _____/Dvo
Gallagher - Newhook - ______/Armia
______/RHP - Evan's/Dvo - ______/Anderson
Pez, Ylonen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad