Proposal: Habs rebuild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
None of those numbers are correct. Where did you pull them from?
You are correct. Sorry.
In the previous 2 seasons he was 25 points more effective than Coleman while playing in 1 less game.. PERIOD.
Add this season in and it becomes 34 point more effective. That's quite a difference.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That is not the 2 previous seasons though. That is last season and the current season. I am not talking about the current season as it is pretty clear that Coleman is snakebitten in this small 29 game sample size
Again.

In the previous 2 seasons he was 25 points more effective than Coleman while playing in 1 less game.. PERIOD.
Add this season in and it becomes 34 point more effective. That's quite a difference.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Thank you for correcting yourself but you still chose to ignore that Toffoli had 20 PP points to Coleman's 4
Is that Toffoli's fault.
Now your trying to hold something against him because he's a better point producer?
Toffoli is easily the more offensive player as the stats easily back it up no matter how you try to put a twist on it.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
That is not the 2 previous seasons though. That is last season and the current season. I am not talking about the current season as it is pretty clear that Coleman is snakebitten in this small 29 game sample size
Toffoli is snake bitten too this season.

Here is an offensive stats there won't be semantic fight about:

Toffoli averages 49 pts over a 82 games season career wise.
Coleman averages 33 pts over a 82 games season career wise.

Anyway this is a moot point, Calgary is clearly not interested in the offer I made so we are arguing for nothing. Just that I think your Coleman >>> Toffoli statement was exaggerated but your have your right to your opinion.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You can only retain on 3 contracts so I'd leave those spots open for Price, Gallagher, and Petry. Nice idea on Anderson but that blocks us from moving guys with less value and lots of term left.
if we retain on chariot this season, at the end of the year that spot opens up again wouldnt it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Toffoli is snake bitten too this season.

Here is an offensive stats there won't be semantic fight about:

Toffoli averages 49 pts over a 82 games season career wise.
Coleman averages 33 pts over a 82 games season career wise.

Anyway this is a moot point, Calgary is clearly not interested in the offer I made so we are arguing for nothing. Just that I think your Coleman >>> Toffoli statement was exagerated but your have your right to your opinion.
You are 100% correct.

Reactions: Maelpj93

Ledge And Dairy

Is that Toffoli's fault.
Now your trying to hold something against him because he's a better point producer?
Toffoli is easily the more offensive player as the stats easily back it up no matter how you try to put a twist on it.
Im not holding anything against him, I am saying that you are comparing a player who got 20 PP points with prime powerplay minutes to one who does not play powerplay. That's like me using Coleman's exceptional PK stats to Toffoli's even though Toffoli's PK time is extremely limited in comparison.

So I choose to eliminate both special teams stats and focus on their effectiveness at EV.
94R9iaS.png

I posted this above but will again, as you can see by their CF and CA Toffoli is a more effective offensively than Coleman at EV but significantly less effective defensively

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Do you have some examples? Assuming Caufield is not an available option at all
No, I wouldn't trade him for Cautield but would consider it for Kakko, maybe even Tomasino. Basically, a potential upgrade or similar caliber, young NHL ready RW. The point is, I don't think the only possibility is a center.

Ledge And Dairy

No, I wouldn't trade him for Cautield but would consider it for Kakko, maybe even Tomasino. Basically, a potential upgrade or similar caliber, young NHL ready RW. The point is, I don't think the only possibility is a center.
Tomasino is a center FYI. And No he would very likely never be moved for another young prospect. You are overvaluing what way a player holds their stick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Im not holding anything against him, I am saying that you are comparing a player who got 20 PP points with prime powerplay minutes to one who does not play powerplay. That's like me using Coleman's exceptional PK stats to Toffoli's even though Toffoli's PK time is extremely limited in comparison.

So I choose to eliminate both special teams stats and focus on their effectiveness at EV.
94R9iaS.png

I posted this above but will again, as you can see by their CF and CA Toffoli is a more effective offensively than Coleman at EV but significantly less effective defensively
See i don't believe in nitpicking stats just to try to make my player look better.
I take everything in account, Period, to make a comparison.

Ledge And Dairy

See i don't believe in nitpicking stats just to try to make my player look better.
I take everything he does on the ice, Period, to make a comparison.
But just looking at points is a poor way of evaluating a players effectiveness. It really takes away from a players defensive game. Maybe Jfresh's most recent player cards on the 2 players would be a better way of showing the 2 compared
GlPJfz6.png

E7ZTXqGWYAkYSuZ

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Tomasino is a center FYI. And No he would very likely never be moved for another young prospect. You are overvaluing what way a player holds their stick
Tomasino might be a C someday but right now he's playing RW in the NHL. As far as handedness is concerned, it is a team need and I'm not the one offering up a 1st + 2nd for Toffoli.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
But just looking at points is a poor way of evaluating a players effectiveness. It really takes away from a players defensive game. Maybe Jfresh's most recent player cards on the 2 players would be a better way of showing the 2 compared
GlPJfz6.png

E7ZTXqGWYAkYSuZ
At the end of the day, Toffoli has the highest WAR% tho (even if it's a slim difference). And Toffoli faces better competition.

Hence why saying that Coleman >>> Toffoli is kind of dramatic.

An argument could be made that they have similar value, but Coleman doesn't outclass Toffoli.

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Tomasino might be a C someday but right now he's playing RW in the NHL. As far as handedness is concerned, it is a team need and I'm not the one offering up a 1st + 2nd for Toffoli.
I am offering 1st and 2nd for Toffoli because I consider him an effective Sutter type player that would be worth adding to the roster at that price, how does that have anything to do with swapping Pelletier for a similar caliber prospect? Being realistic Pelletier would never be traded in a prospect swap, he would only be moved for a player that dramatically effects the teams chances now (ie Eichel). That goes the same for the other teams and their prospects. Anyone asking about acquiring Pelletier will be trying to sell NHL regulars now, not prospects. So for the sake of argument tell me what potentially available NHL regulars you would move him for right now

Ledge And Dairy

At the end of the day, Toffoli has the highest WAR% tho (even if it's a slim difference). And Toffoli face better competition.

Hence why saying that Coleman >>> Toffoli is kind of dramatic.

An argument could be made that they have similar value, but Coleman doesn't outclass Toffoli.
I will admit that the Coleman >>> Toffoli statement was an exaggeration but that doesn't change how lopsided that offer was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad