Proposal: Habs rebuild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
For some reason....Jonathan Drouin to buffalo makes sense to me..... (if cap isn't of concern, i know they have space but just wanting to spend money in general) complete fresh start into a locker room that would view him as one of if not the most purely skilled player on the team....maybe a fresh start with young up and coming linemates like thompson or cozens etc.... could be the change he needs, where mistakes won't get him benched or scratched, confidence in players like a drouin is huge and it's evident he's had none of it for a long time. I wonder if drouin to buffalo for like a 3rd or something would make sense for both teams.
Drouin would not find a welcome in Buffalo. His game is not in character with what they're trying to build.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
montreal is willing to retain for 3 years on the petry contract?
If Petry is willing to come to Buffalo to work with Dahlin and Power, Montreal would probably not have to retain anything. They wouldn't get a huge ask in return, though. Buffalo's 3rd, or a late 2nd.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Habs are hosting the 2022 draft.
Habs are *rebuilding* , they want and need first picks for this year.

Players that could help contenders this year for late first picks.
Also Habs have 3 x 3rd picks 2022 that could be put in there .
Could also add some prospect like Norlinder , Ylonen , Harris, Tuck , Struble, Mailloux

Petry
Chariot
Toffoli
Armia
Price @ 6 mil
Hoffman
Poehling
Drouin
Savard

Witch team could use these guys for picks.

NONE OF THOSE GUYS GET A 1st!!

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs are hosting the 2022 draft.
Habs are *rebuilding* , they want and need first picks for this year.

Players that could help contenders this year for late first picks.
Also Habs have 3 x 3rd picks 2022 that could be put in there .
Could also add some prospect like Norlinder , Ylonen , Harris, Tuck , Struble, Mailloux

Petry
Chariot
Toffoli
Armia
Price @ 6 mil
Hoffman
Poehling
Drouin
Savard

Witch team could use these guys for picks.
Hopefully the Habs hang onto Mailloux. Actually i don't see the Habs even think about moving him.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Price will get interest from the Oilers and Colorado as he should. Multiple teams would be interested in the D the habs have . Hoffman will be a hard sell.
The Avs have interest in Price…. said no Avs fan or organizational employee ever.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The Avs have interest in Price…. said no Avs fan or organizational employee ever.

That make sense since Colorado are notoriously only interested in second tier goaltenders.

That being said, Price ain’t coming back this year and maybe even ever. So until he does come back, these back and forth talks about him bring moved or not are pointless

Reactions: Burke the Legend

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If Petry is willing to come to Buffalo to work with Dahlin and Power, Montreal would probably not have to retain anything. They wouldn't get a huge ask in return, though. Buffalo's 3rd, or a late 2nd.

I love Petry and think he would make almost any team better.

Petry is not the guy for Power and Dahlin to learn from. Weber yes, Giordano yes. So many better options if that's the role you were looking for. Petry is one of the best complimentary dmen in the league, you don't want future studs learning to be complimentary dmen.

Reactions: McJedi and Diaspora

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Chiarot to Rangers for one of Kravtsov/B. Schneider/Lundqvist? Not sure I'd do it if I'm NYR but seems to be the value that's being tossed around.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Chiarot to Rangers for one of Kravtsov/B. Schneider/Lundqvist? Not sure I'd do it if I'm NYR but seems to be the value that's being tossed around.

NYR will not do that mister, unless Gorton know some deep secret about the owner or their gm

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Rangers fans are hesitant to include most of their prospects in trades for JT Miller and other high end players so no way they'll say yes to that

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That make sense since Colorado are notoriously only interested in second tier goaltenders.

That being said, Price ain’t coming back this year and maybe even ever. So until he does come back, these back and forth talks about him bring moved or not are pointless
The top tier of NHL goalies is very small. Teams that have one are: Winnipeg, Tampa, Rangers and Ducks. That’s pretty much it. Carey Price isn’t even close to the top tier. He’s barely a 90% save percentage guy making way too much with knee injury and addiction issues that are severe enough to step away from hockey. He’s third tier at this point.

Kuemper has been exactly what the Avs needed. An affordable above average starting goalie that’s an upgrade from Grubs.

Kuemper is 23-5 with a 91.8% save percentage and 2.44 gaa. Those are great stats. Avs are set in goal as their backup is also healthy and playing well.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The top tier of NHL goalies is very small. Teams that have one are: Winnipeg, Tampa, Rangers and Ducks. That’s pretty much it. Carey Price isn’t even close to the top tier. He’s barely a 90% save percentage guy making way too much with knee injury and addiction issues that are severe enough to step away from hockey. He’s third tier at this point.

Kuemper has been exactly what the Avs needed. An affordable above average starting goalie that’s an upgrade from Grubs.

Kuemper is 23-5 with a .918% save percentage and 2.44 gaa. Those are great stats. Avs are set in goal as their backup is also healthy and playing great.

Yeah, I get it he’s a third tier goalie but over the past 10 years every time Montreal had won a playoff game it was Price and Price only according to other fanbase, including less than 7 months ago.

I also get it about Kuemper - He’s been a good regular season goalie and that is what Colorado has been focusing on for the past ~3-4 years. He’s been great in his role to have a great regular season team.

Not every team has the same objective. Colorado’s goal to being a great regular season team and have a bunch of players padding stats to show off is a excellent strategy to drive sales and it’s exciting to see over 82 games. I prefer that my team focus on playoff success but again, everyone/teams have a different objective and it’s fine by me

Reactions: Rob Sense

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah, I get it he’s a third tier goalie but over the past 10 years every time Montreal had won a playoff game it was Price and Price only according to other fanbase, including less than 7 months ago.

I also get it about Kuemper - He’s been a good regular season goalie and that is what Colorado has been focusing on for the past ~3-4 years. He’s been great in his role to have a great regular season team.

Not every team has the same objective. Colorado’s goal to being a great regular season team and have a bunch of players padding stats to show off is a excellent strategy to drive sales and it’s exciting to see over 82 games. I prefer that my team focus on playoff success but again, everyone/teams have a different objective and it’s fine by me

Your team won’t be in the playoffs for a long time. Gotta get there first.

Kuemper was incredible in the playoffs when he faced the Avs in the bubble. Stole one game and nearly two others when the Avs were outshooting Phoenix 45-13.

Carey Price is so bad in the regular season, his team either won’t make the post season or go in as a road team and underdog. Don’t think the NHL will be gifting playoff spots to 12th seeds again. And those teams playoff teams he may be on won’t have any depth because said team wastes so very much money on the goalie AAV.

Price of 2016 would be interesting to every NHL team. Price of 2022 is so undesirable, Seattle wouldn’t touch him for free right after his playoff run. Ruminate on that. A team with no salary cap issues didn’t even want him.

Now with his addiction problems and major knee injury as a 34 year old… It’s probably more likely his career is over than he is ever traded.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Your team won’t be in the playoffs for a long time. Gotta get there first.

Kuemper was incredible in the playoffs when he faced the Avs in the bubble. Stole one game and nearly two others when the Avs were outshooting Phoenix 45-13.

Carey Price is so bad in the regular season, his team either won’t make the post season or go in as a road team and underdog. Don’t think the NHL will be gifting playoff spots to 12th seeds again. And those teams playoff teams he may be on won’t have any depth because said team wastes so very much money on the goalie AAV.

Price of 2016 would be interesting to every NHL team. Price of 2022 is so undesirable, Seattle wouldn’t touch him for free right after his playoff run. Ruminate on that. A team with no salary cap issues didn’t even want him.

Now with his addiction problems and major knee injury as a 34 year old… It’s probably more likely his career is over than he is ever traded.

My team recognized they needed to rebuild their core after a long playoff run to be competitive once again one day. No shame in doing that.

Price may be 34, have addiction problems and may likely never play again but even with bad knees, addictions problems and being 34 years old he still managed to take out the team who ran over yours 7 months ago.

Anyway, as I said, no big deal. Seems like Price is likely not to play again so he will go on LTIR sooner than later so all these trade talks are completely useless unless he does come back.

Colorado is also a great regular season team and I’m sure you and other fans are in for a treat for another couple of years. Lots of skill plays, goal and regular season success and maybe take a round or two here and there in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad