Speculation: Habs Mega Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Oiler fans stopped reading at Price--sorry--his contract and injuries just scares us
As a fan of both teams, not even caring what the Habs would get back - Price @ 6.0 would be an incredible add to the Oilers.

When Price plays his last regular season game under this contract, he will be 38 years old. Mike Smith was 37 when he played his first game with the Oilers.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Broberg isn't the Oilers best prospect.
Your narrative on Price is really intriging... Let's see where Kuemper brings the Avs, last year it was Grubaeur who was suppose to bring them far, how did it go? Who was it before that, can't remember. All I remember is they are always fine in net, until they aren't
So you're telling Oilers fans who our best prospect is now? Broberg and Holloway are our clear 1A and 1B, however you want to sort them, with Bourgoult and Samurokov as the 3 and 4 (Bourgoult for upside, Samurokov for NHL readiness. I don't think people suggesting Broberg is our best prospect are wrong.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So you're telling Oilers fans who our best prospect is now? Broberg and Holloway are our clear 1A and 1B, however you want to sort them, with Bourgoult and Samurokov as the 3 and 4 (Bourgoult for upside, Samurokov for NHL readiness. I don't think people suggesting Broberg is our best prospect are wrong.

I tend to flip between Broberg and Holloway as our #1 as well, because development isn't linear. Broberg looks great this year.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I like Price.

I'm even ok with Price for 4 years, it's risky but it would give us a chance to trade for a prospect goalie and mentor him properly.

A 1st, I could do.... and a prospect or two, but not Holloway, Bourgault, Broberg or Samorukov. That leaves Lavoie, Savoie, more picks, etc.

Koskinen, Lavoie, 1st, 2nd... I would go that far.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I like Price.

I'm even ok with Price for 4 years, it's risky but it would give us a chance to trade for a prospect goalie and mentor him properly.

A 1st, I could do.... and a prospect or two, but not Holloway, Bourgault, Broberg or Samorukov. That leaves Lavoie, Savoie, more picks, etc.

Koskinen, Lavoie, 1st, 2nd... I would go that far.

I see this thread as Habs fans admitting it is time for a real rebuild. That is a realistic view of things in my opinion. They don't want a ten year rebuild like the Oilers had. Also reasonable. However you can't get every pick and prospect you want in one trade with one team. No one is worth that. Cary Price certainly is not.

Would Price be an upgrade in goal? Of course. Can a cap team like Edmonton find room for $6 Million and change for five years? A lot of pieces would have to be moved for that to happen.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
The guy just got clean and now you want to send the poor guy to Edmonton?

(I kid Edmontonians, I spent lots of time there while working in Fort Mac)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
For the insane asking *price* by some of the Habs fans on here I'd say the Oilers are better off looking at:

Dreidger in Seattle (after the Grubauer signing he suddenly became 2nd fiddle)
Khudobin in Dallas (who have a lot of goaltenders. Like, a lot)
Gibson in Anaheim (who would cost something around the numbers being talked about here. This might have to wait until the Ducks come crashing back down to earth.)

Reactions: Hunter368

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Starts? You'll be lucky to get a first at the deadline with 50% retention. Probably looking more at a couple mid picks or a mid pick and a B prospect. A 1st is too much from the Oilers.
forget about chariot to the oilers . will send him to a team desperate for defenseman at the deadline. you'll need your first in the deal for price

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I disagree. The goal is to build a long term contender, not a one or two year contender who is then crippled by bad contracts.
You build a long term core but go all in for a 1-3 year window then retool and go all in again. Just like Tampa., Pitts and Chicago did

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think the Habs are still pretty high on Caufield. Yamamoto has more to prove here even though he has been coming on as of late.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He's an Avs fan. Not sure if Bouchard still count as a prospect but he would be clear cut number 1. But I don't like Broberg , he's Nathan Beaulieu with better tools. He just skates himself into trouble all the time. That shit won't fly in the NHL. I like Holloway a lot more.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Habs say no. They're clearly not in a rush this year and Caufield has higher upside.

Oilers, I'm unsure. Obviously the guy playing in the NHL helps them more right now, but I also don't doubt that Caufield's situation is influenced a bit by the Habs' terrible start. Is he in the AHL if he starts this season on a line with Draisaitl?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hell no Habs have no interest in movie Caufield. They actually did the right thing for once and sent him to the AHL to develop with more ice time when he struggled to start the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad