Speculation: Habs Mega Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
correct me if i'm wrong but his qualifying offer comes in at 8 million . he's a goner to free agency . anderson romanov and a first ? this is the worst proposal i ever read . boeasar is a rental now

if we wanted him will wait till he's a free agent

Last edited:

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Feels like this proposal has been done in different forms many times.
Edmonton probably won't want to pay big considering they can get a good goalie with less cost or term with the same assets.
Montreal won't want to retain large amounts for long term and they would have to get decent assets back for Price to keep the fanbase from revolting.

I could maybe see a team that is still competitive with an aging core taking on Price (Pittsburgh?). Go all in for a few years and then the cap hit the last couple years doesn't matter in a full rebuild?
I'm not a Pittsburgh fan so maybe they think that's ridiculous, most times I've seen Jarry he hasn't looked good..

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Fair enough, and I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other. Just can't help feeling that a team on the precipice of contending, who's window is open for the next four years, and who's weakness is goaltending, wouldn't consider the most talented goalie (arguably) of their generation.
Goaltending needs to be addressed. It’s just Price’s contract that makes it a no go. Let alone giving up valuable assets

Reactions: TFHockey

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No!
Couldn't care less about the 1st rounder or Koskinen.

Broberg is okay but we have 3 Brobergs in Harris, Struble, Norlinder.

Price at 6 mill is gold.

You want price at 6 million especially with him back on track?
We need something solid or tangible, not magic beans.

The 1st rounder is useless Habs can't draft.
Broberg is redundant, oh and Habs can't develop.
Koskinen is useless.

Price at 6 mill can be had for a roster player and a 1st pick because they obviously going to ask for it.
The only thing that's gold is the fact that you think either one of those prospects is at the same level as Philip Broberg. Let alone all three of them.

You're right though. Montreal doesn't need more magic beans. Clearly there are three of them right there.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think it’s safe to say Montreal are not retaining money on a deal that still has 4.5 years left on it, especially not at 4.5m a year. That just doesn’t make any sense

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Pretty confident Price on a new team with offensive power would have a huge boost of confidence and would be able to elevate his game to a 2015-2016 level. He still has it, it’s just that hes been stuck on such bad teams that he doesnt care anymore during regular season. Yall are crazy for saying you woudn’t pay broberg and a first for price at 6m. Were talking about one of the best technical G we have seen. It’s not like he is 40 years old too. Hes still seen as one of the best among the players

Last edited:

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Hockey player Carey Price (AAV $ 10,500,000 UFA 2026).

The Stanley Cup challenger team may be interested in the player. Subject to certain conditions. I think salary retention is a prerequisite.

- Acquiring Carey Price (AAV $ 10,500,000) is a pointless risk for any team. The player's value is negative.

- Acquiring Carey Price (@ 50% ret) is a big risk for any team.
The player can bring dividends to Montreal.

- Acquiring Carey Price (@ 50% ret + (@ 50% ret) is a big risk for any team. Everything is in order with finances. This is a huge risk for any team in terms of asset loss. When exchanging, you will have to pay extra to the third team.

In any case, this trade is a big risk. May bring the Stanley Cup or bury the team's chances until 2026.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Dream on.

Miller is a ufa and will ask for alot more than anderson is signed at and will also ask for 8 years.

And you want the habs to add? Hahahahaha.

Miller is UFA in 2023. He will ask more, and produce more, not that I want to see Miller leave.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Dream on.

Miller is a ufa and will ask for alot more than anderson is signed at and will also ask for 8 years.

And you want the habs to add? Hahahahaha.
Miller is not a UFA, and is a significantly better player than Anderson. Where did you get that he will ask for 8 years? Do you have a source for that or did you make that up as well?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pretty sure Romanov can play on both sides of the ice? If so then any discussion would have to start with him. Anderson as a replacement RW doesn't really do much for me, would rather have a young RH C come back (think you guys only have Jake Evans who fits that category?). Also no interest in Mailloux, for obvious PR reasons.

Minimum would be Anderson, Romanov and 1st (could expand the trade and include Dickinson in exchange for Jake Evans).

Is that all? What about Suzuki? :laugh:

The fantasy of ripping off the other team.....is how every trade becomes an argument.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
The amount of lunacy spewed on this thread is uncanny?

Price single-handedly brought a regular Habs team to the finals of the Stanley cup less than 6 months ago and most of you are saying Price at 6 million is bad?

Good luck winning the cup with 51 year old Smith and 4.5 million Kosk.

Price at 6 is an issue but Koskinen at 4.5 is fine. LOL

Reactions: BarracudaMtl

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would trade Koskinen and our next two firsts for Price at 6M. No interest in trading Broberg. He likely gets a call up and takes the 3LD spot after Christmas if we don't find a veteran to trade for. He is our probable 2LD next year. I am interested in adding a depth defenseman for depth, but am not interested in a 1st for Chairot. Maybe a 4th for Edmunson instead.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Price single-handedly brought a regular Habs team to the finals of the Stanley cup less than 6 months ago and most of you are saying Price at 6 million is bad?

Nobody is suggesting Price at 6 million is bad. People are suggesting that Price at 4 years is bad.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

This is entertainment....that's all.

If you want to join in the fun, start by throwing in Suzuki at every trade.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
No!
Couldn't care less about the 1st rounder or Koskinen.

Broberg is okay but we have 3 Brobergs in Harris, Struble, Norlinder.

Price at 6 mill is gold.

You want price at 6 million especially with him back on track?
We need something solid or tangible, not magic beans.

The 1st rounder is useless Habs can't draft.
Broberg is redundant, oh and Habs can't develop.
Koskinen is useless.

Price at 6 mill can be had for a roster player and a 1st pick because they obviously going to ask for it.
Broberg is easily better than Struble and Harris. Better than Norlinder too. I would do that trade.

Reactions: Devonator

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020

The fantasy of ripping off the other team.....is how every trade becomes an argument.

Lol *cracks knuckles*.

In 7 seasons Josh Anderson has topped 40 points once and 30 points twice... he's also scored 147 points in 337 games (~0.4 points/ game). Boeser's played 5 seasons (6 if you count his 9 game sample) and he's never had less than 49 points in any full season so far. Of those, he's had two seasons of 0.9 points/ game. This season is his low points/ game mark and he's still at 0.6 points/ game (0.8 points/ game is his career mark, 218 points in 267 games). In other words, he's scored more points in fewer games played and is scoring at double the career rate as Josh Anderson.

You tell me, who's trying to rip whom off? I'll give you a hint, it's the 3rd line winger pretending to be a top-six scorer (which is which? I'll let you figure that one out). And you say that that team doesn't need to add a young and talented asset, maybe more?????

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

yes we better get taken out to supper first because that was brutal . i love how fans from other teams jump in with their anti habs biased opinions. vancouver will be shopping boesar hard because of his qualifying offer . another laine/ meire situation

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Lol *cracks knuckles*.

In 7 seasons Josh Anderson has topped 40 points once and 30 points twice... he's also scored 147 points in 337 games (~0.4 points/ game). Boeser's played 5 seasons (6 if you count his 9 game sample) and he's never had less than 49 points in any full season so far. Of those, he's had two seasons of 0.9 points/ game. This season is his low points/ game mark and he's still at 0.6 points/ game (0.8 points/ game is his career mark, 218 points in 267 games). In other words, he's scored more points in fewer games played and is scoring at double the career rate as Josh Anderson.

You tell me, who's trying to rip whom off? I'll give you a hint, it's the 3rd line winger pretending to be a top-six scorer (which is which? I'll let you figure that one out). And you say that that team doesn't need to add a young and talented asset, maybe more?????
peddle him somewhere else . you know the canucks will not qualify him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad