Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah this loss isn't on Price, he had a lot of great saves and we were outplayed for 40 minutes.
As I said earlier, if we'd won 4-3, I'd absolutely have called it a steal. But when you give up a softie to make it 4-4 in the 3rd, that's on you. So you could say we never should've been in it to begin with, but at that point it was ours to lose. So... he certainly deserves his share of the blame there. Just can't do that.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Haven't you formed some kind of tolerance over the years?

I imagine that if you eat shit every day, at some point you just get jaded and used to it?

Sure, it might be harder in the case of tolerating Bergevin, still...

This is a refined sort of masochism

Yes I am used to it but it still hurts

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Stutzle had just beating him on the five hole. It was a good strategy by Norris.

Are you paid by Price to defend him like this? It was a good strategy by Norris to shoot high? When the goalie is basically on his knees nervous as hell? Damn my 6 year old is a strategic prodigy then he lifts it every time.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Every coach has their best before date. Julien I think has reached his. It's time to move on from him.

I just hope to God we don't hire back Therrien again.

As much as Gallant is a favorite, I don't want him either. Just another recycled coach.

I'd go with Bouchard before anyone else. Or, even a Euro coach.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Agreed that the Habs shouldn't have been in that position.

But the comment was that he "got spun around." That suggest Gallagher was the one who spun him, when it was a simple touch. And even after Murray does his spin-o-rama, he had time to set himself up. The guy was standing when the shot was taken.
I explained it so that you saw that Murray’s best shot at getting back into position was to complete the spin. Sure it was only initiated by Gallagher, and it wasn’t malicious in intent, but it doesn’t have to be, it’s incidental.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The contact is at about the 7 second mark. The puck crosses the line at around the 2 second mark. 5 full seconds to reset.

After Murray spun himself around he stayed on his knees looking forward trying to find the puck. Murray not having time to reset is complete BS.

It's ridiculous how when the NHL situation room and NHL DoPS have to make decisions everyone says it's 50/50 on how these calls will go and somehow the NHL manages to get it wrong 95% of the time.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
The contact is at about the 7 second mark. The puck crosses the line at around the 2 second mark. 5 full seconds to reset.

From the 5 seconds mark to the 2 seconds mark, he made no attempt to position himself. A full 3 seconds of doing nothing.

I would've been way more frustrated if they deserve the win but they sucked, so I don't really care.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Some Leaf fans are really going hard at us in the main boards. Can it be playoff season already? I’m dying to see them lose again in the first round of playoffs (54 years and counting).

Jul 6, 2016
Hard one to swallow. They came from behind, had the lead. Score a refused goal.

Looks more and more like last year's two eight games winningless stretches.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And aince the moron refa didnt whistle it dead, shouldnt the danault goal have counted, deapite everyone looking around.

The Danault goal wouldn't have counted because the puck crossed the line before with the Gallagher deflection. So anything after that wouldn't have counted anyways.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
And aince the moron refa didnt whistle it dead, shouldnt the danault goal have counted, deapite everyone looking around.
And also, the puck entered the net so the play was dead, and Danault’s shot isn’t even recorded.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Just saw the highlites including the disallowed goal.

Made me laugh hard. I mean you laugh after a joke and this league is a joke.

Wonder how many geniuses in TO looked at that replay and how hard they looked at it to come up with that decision.

Either they don't know the rules, have no common sense or are simply biased against Montreal.

Gally was laughing as well at the decision. What else can you do?

Reactions: dnl4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad