Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Btw, as much as we can point to Price's goal tonight... the fact is that we were still outplayed again. And that's not just a trend anymore either. It's just become the norm. And given our additions, I don't think that should be the case this year. That's another thing that must be fixed, fast.

Personally, I'd fire the coach. I think it's time.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Btw, as much as we can point to Price's goal tonight... the fact is that we were still outplayed again. And that's not just a trend anymore either. It's just become the norm. And given our additions, I don't think that should be the case this year. That's another thing that must be fixed, fast.

Yeah this loss isn't on Price, he had a lot of great saves and we were outplayed for 40 minutes.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I only have one thing to say about this game. Perry in the SO? Like really? I hate this stupid idea to reward guys who played "well" with a try in the SO. At this point manage to win and send the best players good game or not should not matter. I like Perry and i liked that we signed him he is good depth at this point of his career but he should never be in the SO like ever.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Every goalie lets in some soft goals. Price used to do it when his numbers were stellar. That's not a problem... unless you're doing it with regularity. And that is happening now.

In previous years Price did as well as any goalie could under the circumstances. Apart from Winnipeg, Montreal has had the worst D in the league for goaltenders in close. No goalie is going to put up great numbers behind that. Nobody. So yeah, he actually has played very well in the past two seasons. He got terrible teams as close to the playoffs as any player could.

This year though? Up until recently our D wasn't that bad, yet he still gave up unforced errors. That's no big deal as it's a slow start. But now our D sucks and he's still giving up some softies. That will kill us. It's hard enough making the playoffs when your D can't find it's ass with it's own two hands. But when your best player can't make up for it, then you're really in trouble. There's no excuse for the unforced errors. That needs to be corrected.

Honestly, I can't explain it. He makes really hard saves and makes a lot of them look easy. No idea why he'd all of a sudden give up so many soft goals now. A couple of games ago he got us a much needed win. Against TO, he played really well but lost. And tonight after a great game he gives up a tinkertoy shot for a goal? I mean wtf? Can't do that. Not with regularity.

The season is no longer young. It'd be one thing if he gave up a softie in a losing cause or in a win. But he gave it up at a key moment when the team is struggling. And he did it on the back end of two games where he played really well. Can't do that. He needs to fix this quickly.

Might be a bit of bad luck, at least I hope so, otherwise it'll be pretty terrible for him.
That 4th goal is a misread imo, I think he thought he was going to pass it across and when he realize it wasn't happening he lost his footing, creating that hole.
I think that was just bad luck.

I'm more pissed about the goal that goes through his arm. That should not happen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Sorry but I just can't get behind that Tweet. It was a bad call no matter what team you cheer for. I was absolutely shocked.

All that being said...

- We shouldn't have gotten outplayed by Ottawa
- We shoudln't have given up the 4th goal
- We shouldn't have gone to OT
- We shouldn't have lost that game

The call sucked. It happens. But that doesn't excuse what's been happening on the ice.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I only have one thing to say about this game. Perry in the SO? Like really? I hate this stupid idea to reward guys who played "well" with a try in the SO. At this point manage to win and send the best players good game or not should not matter. I like Perry and i liked that we signed him he is good depth at this point of his career but he should never be in the SO like ever.
I liked it, better than Danault or Gallagher

Still hate Julien though

durojean

May 29, 2007
Every goalie lets in some soft goals. Price used to do it when his numbers were stellar. That's not a problem... unless you're doing it with regularity. And that is happening now.

In previous years Price did as well as any goalie could under the circumstances. Apart from Winnipeg, Montreal has had the worst D in the league for goaltenders in close. No goalie is going to put up great numbers behind that. Nobody. So yeah, he actually has played very well in the past two seasons. He got terrible teams as close to the playoffs as any player could.

This year though? Up until recently our D wasn't that bad, yet he still gave up unforced errors. That's no big deal as it's a slow start. But now our D sucks and he's still giving up some softies. That will kill us. It's hard enough making the playoffs when your D can't find it's ass with it's own two hands. But when your best player can't make up for it, then you're really in trouble. There's no excuse for the unforced errors. That needs to be corrected.

Honestly, I can't explain it. He makes really hard saves and makes a lot of them look easy. No idea why he'd all of a sudden give up so many soft goals now. A couple of games ago he got us a much needed win. Against TO, he played really well but lost. And tonight after a great game he gives up a tinkertoy shot for a goal? I mean wtf? Can't do that. Not with regularity.

The season is no longer young. It'd be one thing if he gave up a softie in a losing cause or in a win. But he gave it up at a key moment when the team is struggling. And he did it on the back end of two games where he played really well. Can't do that. He needs to fix this quickly.

The problem I have with Price is not on stats alone.

It’s that I never found him reliable in important moment.

most of the time, he is stellar when we are losing, he has a hard time keeping us in the lead. Tonight was a prime example.

the moment we came back in the game coincide perfectly with the moment he lost his.

I feel like it’s been that way since 5 years.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

I don't see how Bergevin can survive firing a second coach.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Might be a bit of bad luck, at least I hope so, otherwise it'll be pretty terrible for him.
That 4th goal is a misread imo, I think he thought he was going to pass it across and when he realize it wasn't happening he lost his footing, creating that hole.
I think that was just bad luck.

I'm more pissed about the goal that goes through his arm. That should not happen.
Some of it is bad luck. And that happens. Like I said though, it's happening with regularity now.

He's not "finished" or past his prime... he's going through a crappy period right now. Still makes great saves in high danger areas. All goalies go through it. But he's got to pull it together.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Nonchalant is fine. I'd prefer we have that in Montreal because you need to be able to handle the pressure.

Nonchalant is not the same thing as sloppy though. Sloppy is not good.

But a nonchalant Price is worrisome. Price on top of his game, is poised, in control. It looks easy for him.

But when he's off his game, I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this, but every shots against Price scares me, especially the easy ones. That shot that went through his 5 hole from the blue line, I saw it coming from miles away. He made some good saves prior and on an easy shot, it goes through him due bad positioning and lacking focus.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah this loss isn't on Price, he had a lot of great saves and we were outplayed for 40 minutes.

On AC, they were adamant that Price had let in two softies. I think Price has to get part of the blame on this one.

Of course, the rest of the team mostly collapsed. The Sens got into the Habs heads and have been living there rent-free.

Reactions: dinodebino

expy

Nov 2, 2010

It’s visible that either he’s just not into the game anymore, severely lacking focus, or is just not as good with age.

I’m always watching him closely, and he’s very often not in proper position and not set for the shot or a deke. He plays REALLY deep in his net now for some reason, and is also playing much smaller than in past years. It makes no sense, since he’s also slower and very visibly so. Not sure if his constant leg injuries has made him change his style to a less dynamic style.

he doesn’t battle to find the puck much anymore, he’s always looking down and through players instead of standing more upright and looking above and around like he did during his prime.

he’s also guessing on a lot of shots. Teams know to throw the puck at the net from far since Price has a lot of difficulty picking up pucks through players. That PP goal by the rookie was completely along the ice and didn’t get deflected at all, yet Price guessed it was going up in his pads (check his glove positioning hoping it hits him in the gut). He also guessed on Tkatchuk’s 2nd goal... he guessed there was going to be a pass, and didn’t manage to pick up a weak shot along the ice which just slid into the net at 5km/h.

he’s just off in every way this season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
But a nonchalant Price is worrisome.
Not to me. That is something that can be fixed.

If he were not able to keep up with the harder shots anymore... that would be worrisome. That'd mean that he can't handle it anymore. But giving up softies is something that is far more easily corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad