Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
He's right, it's a joke.

......but you shouldn't have to reach that point against Ottawa where you need to score in the dying seconds because you know the team will be even worst at 3vs3 in OT.

We should be winning vs Ottawa, there's no excuse for this shit.
Well said

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't get why criticizing equals hate.

Yes he made some really good saves tonight.. just like any goalie has to make in a game.

I get that our defense sucks but it's the same to Allen and Allen plays way better.

Price hasn't been good in the past 3 years now and his numbers shows it.

1 bad year, it might be an off year but Price hasn't been dominant, let alone good for quite some time now. He's still nonchalant like he used to be. I find the "Price can do no wrong" way more comical.

I criticized him, that's not hate. Again, he hasn't been good, needs to find his focus and stop giving up softies.

''10.5M'' ''plug'' ''back up'' ''no team would claim him'' ''sucks ass'' etc..etc...etc...The ridiculous amount of comments I read though, ya that's hate.

Allen couldn't become a legit #1 in St-Louis on better teams but yes...he played 5 good games for us.

Reactions: PhysicX

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Two horrible calls in back to back games. At some point you have to wonder if there is indeed a bias against the Habs up top.

That being said - Price needs to be better period. I have no idea which Price you’ll see, he’s up and down like a goddamned yo-yo, shift to shift, game to game.

The positives were that Weber played better tonight, Anderson was flying again, and Gallagher was engaged all game (and deserved that last goal).

The negatives were that the goddamned linesmen got in to save Tkachuk before Chiarot was able to right his balance and start pounding on him, and everyone and everything else from the water boy to the GM.

Scott1243

Oct 17, 2017
Clear in the replay Gally tries getting out of the way. BS call. Again Toronto makes the call upstairs. Far too many against the habs vs good goals.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Atleast the Toronto disallowed goal I can believe (since they called it on Thornton the night before). But this one was 2-3 seconds after. Murray had plenty of time to reset.

We won this game, its bullshit that did not count.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
tenor.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let’s agree to disagree. Yes, we did not have the best team.

But, at least in the last 2 years we were the better team in a lot games and he was the one to let the odd goal out.
Every goalie lets in some soft goals. Price used to do it when his numbers were stellar. That's not a problem... unless you're doing it with regularity. And that is happening now.

In previous years Price did as well as any goalie could under the circumstances. Apart from Winnipeg, Montreal has had the worst D in the league for goaltenders in close. No goalie is going to put up great numbers behind that. Nobody. So yeah, he actually has played very well in the past two seasons. He got terrible teams as close to the playoffs as any player could.

This year though? Up until recently our D wasn't that bad, yet he still gave up unforced errors. That's no big deal as it's a slow start. But now our D sucks and he's still giving up some softies. That will kill us. It's hard enough making the playoffs when your D can't find it's ass with it's own two hands. But when your best player can't make up for it, then you're really in trouble. There's no excuse for the unforced errors. That needs to be corrected.

Honestly, I can't explain it. He makes really hard saves and makes a lot of them look easy. No idea why he'd all of a sudden give up so many soft goals now. A couple of games ago he got us a much needed win. Against TO, he played really well but lost. And tonight after a great game he gives up a tinkertoy shot for a goal? I mean wtf? Can't do that. Not with regularity.

The season is no longer young. It'd be one thing if he gave up a softie in a losing cause or in a win. But he gave it up at a key moment when the team is struggling. And he did it on the back end of two games where he played really well. Can't do that. He needs to fix this quickly.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Gords miller can suck a bag of ds..funny how sen fans ran to our forum and said we got hosed, but this clown "cant seem to find anyone" maybe try someone not in toronto you tool. We got jobbed saturday with a never before seen double review, and then again With the 4 minute horse shit review we got jobbed and lost the momentum we had to end the period regardless of the terrible review.

I mean the habs are playing like hot garbage anyway and they still cant get anything to go their way, esp when it should have. They deserve some loses for their play, but both reviews toronto got wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad